Crypto currency

UFHealthGator

Lifetime Member
Nov 12, 2017
Do you use Binance? If so, are you happy with them?

Do you mean Binance.US? Because Binance proper is actually not allowed in the US. Binance.US is technically owned by a different instituiton and the HQ is in San Francisco. Yes Binance.US has been great so far. I did hear stories of poor customer service about issues getting locked out from the account that take a while to resolve. But that happens on Coinbase and other exchanges too. Personally, I withdraw my crypto as soon as I can to my personal hardware wallet to avoid running into any account lock out issues and dealing with customer service.

no1g8r

Bringing Reason to the dumb masses
Lifetime Member
Oct 23, 2017
Do you mean Binance.US? Because Binance proper is actually not allowed in the US. Binance.US is technically owned by a different instituiton and the HQ is in San Francisco. Yes Binance.US has been great so far. I did hear stories of poor customer service about issues getting locked out from the account that take a while to resolve. But that happens on Coinbase and other exchanges too. Personally, I withdraw my crypto as soon as I can to my personal hardware wallet to avoid running into any account lock out issues and dealing with customer service.
Sounds good. Do you use anyone other than Binance.US that you would recommend over Binance.US?

UFHealthGator

Lifetime Member
Nov 12, 2017
Sounds good. Do you use anyone other than Binance.US that you would recommend over Binance.US?

Coinbase Pro (a lot cheaper than coinbase) and Binance.US are the two major ones I use. I tried voyager but did not like it because it is only a phone app and seems to cater to the Robinhood crowd.

Another good one would be Gemini. I would use their active trader view to get the lower fees.

Concrete Helmet

Hook, Line, and Sinker
Lifetime Member
Jul 29, 2014
China putting out conflicting propaganda about BC and now some financial institutions are starting to back away....wonder if the honey moon is over....

no1g8r

Bringing Reason to the dumb masses
Lifetime Member
Oct 23, 2017
I’m waiting for my account to get verified and funding to go through. I’m bummed.

BMF

Bad Mother....
Lifetime Member
Sep 8, 2014
BTC is under $50k this morning - most other crypto's are down too. I added 1% to BTC and bought a few LINK.

BTW, the Blockfi account I opened has worked out well. The only thing I haven't figured out is how to see what my dollar-cost average is on each type of crypto.

Gatormac2112

The Voice of Reason
Lifetime Member
Sep 7, 2014
BTC is under $50k this morning - most other crypto's are down too. I added 1% to BTC and bought a few LINK.

BTW, the Blockfi account I opened has worked out well. The only thing I haven't figured out is how to see what my dollar-cost average is on each type of crypto.
I added another percent too. I imagine BlockFi has a tax section that should allow you to see your trade history

UFHealthGator

Lifetime Member
Nov 12, 2017
Damn. My biggest limit order on BTC since it was 33k back in January missed the market price by 1k. Was aiming for 46k. I bought some eth and ada though.

Ah well, I'll let that cash sit pretty on exchange just in case for now

Last edited:

Gatormac2112

The Voice of Reason
Lifetime Member
Sep 7, 2014
Damn. My biggest limit order on BTC since it was 33k back in January missed the market price by 1k. Was aiming for 46k. I bought some eth and ada though.

Ah well, I'll let that cash sit pretty on exchange just in case for now
I have a feeling it’ll come back down before it goes beyond its highs

Users who are viewing this thread

Help Users

You haven't joined any rooms.