Tennessee is in shambles; Embarrassing autocorrect on Twitter feed

SeabeeGator

Lifetime Member
Jan 2, 2018
And this means what to the Vols? He would have at least put them back on the college football map.

Law is right, most SEC teams cannot handle shootouts.
Those fans are delusional. They think the can still compete in every way with Bama and Georgia. They don’t want to that quirky team who upsets others but inexplicably loses games to weird teams.

soflagator

Lifetime Member
Sep 4, 2014
Leach will never win anything. Just doesn’t care about defense. Didn’t his team just score 60+ and lose?

He also has no concept of clock management, largely because all he thinks about is scoring more. Up 32 with 6 minutes to play in the 3rd, he could've theoretically taken a knee 3 times and punted, and still won. His refusal to run the ball and play smart, (gasp) ball control football cost him that game, and countless others over his career. And sooner or later, your offense has a bad game and you're toast.

But I'll agree with law that he would win some games at ut every year and the Mizzou comparison is exactly right. They'd find a way to wreck things for some team on a pretty consistent basis. I know Fulmer didn't want him at ut. But ironically neither did Smart, Saban or UF.

oxrageous

Founding Member
It's Good to be King
Administrator
Jun 5, 2014
Founding Member
Those fans are delusional. They think the can still compete in every way with Bama and Georgia. They don’t want to that quirky team who upsets others but inexplicably loses games to weird teams.
Would you be more nervous playing against a Leach-coached UT team as opposed to Pruitt/Kiffin/Dooley/Jones stiffs they've been running out there?

UT isn't winning titles again. Ever. They need to focus on winning a few games here and there and at least staying somewhat relevant.

t-gator

Founding Member
too sexy for my shirt
Lifetime Member
Jun 13, 2014
Founding Member
Leach will never win anything. Just doesn’t care about defense. Didn’t his team just score 60+ and lose?
His defense was pretty salty when that grinch guy was there.

bacongator

Oct 10, 2014
So a story about this that I heard today from one of my LSU friends. Last week one of his friends was invited to a talk that Peyton Manning was giving down in New Orleans. His friend had two tickets and so invited another friend, who happens to be a huge Gator fan. At some point there is a Q&A session as part of the talk. The Gator fan gets up to the microphone and says (apparently with a great big grin on his face), "What's happening at Tennessee is just a disaster and bad for college football. What can they do to get back to their glory days -- like when Tee Martin won the national championship?"

Apparently the question went over like a turd in a punch bowl -- Peyton did not think it was funny at all. My friend described it as a Spurrier-level troll.

It gets better. Apparently Peyton was really mad. The guy who brought the Gator fan got a text from Cooper Manning telling him Peyton was mad and asking who the Gator guy was. Told him not to bring him again. Other people started to text him asking about who the Gator guy was. Said that you couldn't speak to Peyton Manning like that. So he got under everyone's skin. Fantastic.

I don't know who this Gator fan is, but he's a legend in my eyes. Absolutely hilarious.

Swamp Queen

Founding Member
Mrs. Sasquatch
BANNED
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member
So a story about this that I heard today from one of my LSU friends. Last week one of his friends was invited to a talk that Peyton Manning was giving down in New Orleans. His friend had two tickets and so invited another friend, who happens to be a huge Gator fan. At some point there is a Q&A session as part of the talk. The Gator fan gets up to the microphone and says (apparently with a great big grin on his face), "What's happening at Tennessee is just a disaster and bad for college football. What can they do to get back to their glory days -- like when Tee Martin won the national championship?"

Apparently the question went over like a turd in a punch bowl -- Peyton did not think it was funny at all. My friend described it as a Spurrier-level troll.

It gets better. Apparently Peyton was really mad. The guy who brought the Gator fan got a text from Cooper Manning telling him Peyton was mad and asking who the Gator guy was. Told him not to bring him again. Other people started to text him asking about who the Gator guy was. Said that you couldn't speak to Peyton Manning like that. So he got under everyone's skin. Fantastic.

I don't know who this Gator fan is, but he's a legend in my eyes. Absolutely hilarious.
:lol: that’s fantastic!

Swamp Donkey

Founding Member
7-14 vs P5 Fire Stricklin First
Lifetime Member
Jun 9, 2014
Founding Member
Im not kidding they hate Tee Martin for winning a championshio, as lucky as it was.

SeabeeGator

Lifetime Member
Jan 2, 2018
Would you be more nervous playing against a Leach-coached UT team as opposed to Pruitt/Kiffin/Dooley/Jones stiffs they've been running out there?

UT isn't winning titles again. Ever. They need to focus on winning a few games here and there and at least staying somewhat relevant.
You’re moving the goal posts. I want them to continue doing exactly what they’re doing. I do not want them to hire Leach or any other offensive guru. Stated that already in this thread.

My post you replied to pointed out that the Tennessee fans will not accept that because it’s basically agreeing to what you wrote - they’ll never win a title again. They don’t want to be Mizzou or Texas Tech. They want to be Bama.

FireFoley

Lifetime Member
Nov 19, 2014
Why bring more attention to your already pitiful team and season by going on record and deciding to withhold the name of your starting QB for this weekend's monstrous tilt against UGA? I am sure that this type of gamesmanship has UGA really quaking in their cleats even more. I really think this is the decision that is going to turn UToothless's season completely around.

Gator By Marriage

A convert to Gatorism
Lifetime Member
Dec 31, 2018
Why bring more attention to your already pitiful team and season by going on record and deciding to withhold the name of your starting QB for this weekend's monstrous tilt against UGA? I am sure that this type of gamesmanship has UGA really quaking in their cleats even more. I really think this is the decision that is going to turn UToothless's season completely around.
Didn't hear this, but it's hilarious. When your QB's are Guarantano and a true freshman (a former 3* btw), who played a in few series against UF and UT-C, I can't see how Ugly is going to be very bothered.

lagator

Lifetime Member
Sep 9, 2014
os-gators-ad-jeremy-foley-george-diaz-1030-20141029
yoked-donkey-and-ox.jpg

Users who are viewing this thread

Help Users

You haven't joined any rooms.

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members