According to The Athletic, here are the candidates:

Billy Napier - Louisiana
Jamey Chadwell - Coastal Carolina
Lance Leipold - Buffalo
Will Healy - Charlotte
Scott Satterfield - Louisville
Tony Elliott - Clemson OC
Bill O’Brien

Where’s Jeff Fisher’s name. He was mentioned as being interested in the Vandy job but not Tennessee? Oh how the mighty have fallen.

As a sidebar, I sure hope he’s not interested in UT because I think he’s a good coach.

SGG

Call me Ernie, or Big Ern
Lifetime Member
Sep 24, 2015
Where’s Jeff Fisher’s name. He was mentioned as being interested in the Vandy job but not Tennessee? Oh how the mighty have fallen.

As a sidebar, I sure hope he’s not interested in UT because I think he’s a good coach.
Jeff Fisher threw his name into the mix a week or so ago, can’t remember where I saw it, but it’s out there.

gardnerwebbgator

Founding Member
Aight Then
Lifetime Member
Jun 19, 2014
Founding Member
NCAA level 1 and 2 violations. Good luck finding any AD or HC to inherit the mess.

May I heartily recommend Jeremy Foley, Dan Mullen, and Todd Grantham.

soflagator

Lifetime Member
Sep 4, 2014

Pretty sure it was well documented in the Vanderbilt Coaching Search thread that Fisher is a complete disaster and has reportedly hit rock bottom. You can only stiff so many Nashville area bowling alleys before your name gets soiled. I'm sure he'd take the job, as he's been basically begging for anyone not named Denny's to hire him. But what kind of culture are you bringing in when your head man lives in an efficiency and reeks of Steel Reserve and cheap cigarettes?

629173228.jpg.jpg

williston_gator

Founding Member
Twitter junkie
Lifetime Member
Jun 12, 2014
Founding Member
One thing to think about is next coach beware.

@davidubben: Tennessee in its termination letter to Jeremy Pruitt: “Your failures are likely to lead to significant penalties to the University and has jeopardized the eligibility of our student athletes.”

FireFoley

Lifetime Member
Nov 19, 2014
I would now argue that UToothless is less in shambles with the removal of a horrendous HC and PHAT PHIL PHULMER out. Sure they are going to rock bottom but that is the best way to go. They have been constantly placing a band aid on a jugular vein cut, hence they have been here for almost 20 years.

GatorJB

Founding Member
Lifetime Member
Jun 12, 2014
Founding Member
While I wish Pruitt were there for many years, one of the greatest aspects of college football this past decade is the Tennessee coaching searches. They all begin with wishful, unrealistic dreaming from the vol faithful, followed by an ever-changing list of candidates due several consecutive rejections by those candidates. (I did appreciate the last search's treat of a fan revolt due to a hire they didn't like and the return of fat Phil. Good times.) Then eventually they settle on their 20th choice, and the vol faithful act like he was their top choice all along. Meanwhile, we all get to point and laugh because we know that their coach is a loser because only losers would want to work at that dumpster fire.

Looking forward to this.

AlexDaGator

Founding Member
The Hammer of Thor
Lifetime Member
Jun 19, 2014
Founding Member
Guys, it has to be Kevin Steele. Why the F else would he leave Auburn to go to Tennessee knowing this was coming (and we all knew this was coming)?

He went there to be the head coach.

Alex.

BMF

Bad Mother....
Lifetime Member
Sep 8, 2014
According to The Athletic, here are the candidates:

Billy Napier - Louisiana
Jamey Chadwell - Coastal Carolina
Lance Leipold - Buffalo
Will Healy - Charlotte
Scott Satterfield - Louisville
Tony Elliott - Clemson OC
Bill O’Brien

This is more like a dream sheet. Tell Tenn to wish in one hand and sh*t in the other. The only reason any of these candidates would take that job is money. They are 3 to 5 years away from fielding a competitive roster....and coming off probation.

DoubleGator87and90

Lifetime Member
Nov 8, 2017
4-star 2021 WR commit de-commits from UT:

Since Pruitt apparently got good recruits to go to UT and/or commit (albeit while breaking NCAA rules to do so), maybe there is some talent that UF could poach? Wanya Morris would've been nice, but he just committed to Oklahoma. Who else might UF be able to land (assuming our coaching staff makes the effort)?

Users who are viewing this thread

Help Users

You haven't joined any rooms.