Recruiting 2022 Recruiting Thread: Evers and CJ Smith Decommit

Status
Not open for further replies.

Gator By Marriage

A convert to Gatorism
Lifetime Member
Dec 31, 2018
Chasing him off? He has been on crutches most of the last two years. It isnt going to be much of a chase.

He is a horrible take and will end up in Sunbelt or 1AA. I dont think there there is anyone else around as desperate as Mullins and Knox to find ANY recruit who will sign with them.

Stop acting like this is a bad thing.
Another possibility I had not considered was Knox asking Napier if he could deliver the bad news in person. Since Knox recruited him, they probably had developed a good relationship and Knox felt bad for him. Letting him de-commit allows the kid to save face. Assuming Knox believes he’ll get a new job next year (pipe dream from our perspective) he might think that Gibbs hearing it in person from Knox means Knox might be able to sign him at his new school?
Funny; I started out thinking this was about Knox doing a decent thing and am now starting to believe his motives were less than altruistic; based on no new evidence!

alcoholica

Founding Member
I'm what Willis was talking about
Lifetime Member
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member
This guys started a thread on TOS about recruiting stories. Apparently, he is plugged in through recruits and sounded like he used to run some kind of football related service. He's giving pretty straight answers and if he doesn't know, he just says so. But I found this one interesting.

upload_2021-12-2_7-17-0.png

alcoholica

Founding Member
I'm what Willis was talking about
Lifetime Member
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member
Another possibility I had not considered was Knox asking Napier if he could deliver the bad news in person. Since Knox recruited him, they probably had developed a good relationship and Knox felt bad for him. Letting him de-commit allows the kid to save face. Assuming Knox believes he’ll get a new job next year (pipe dream from our perspective) he might think that Gibbs hearing it in person from Knox means Knox might be able to sign him at his new school?
Funny; I started out thinking this was about Knox doing a decent thing and am now starting to believe his motives were less than altruistic; based on no new evidence!
If Knox wins the bowl game, he'll be 3-0 as an interim HC. Obviously the FSU win is not super impressive, but just based on superficial aspects, some will find 3-0 impressive. Add him being black, I can see someone picking him up. Heck, he may end up as a HC candidate at some small school if Mullins doesn't keep him in tow.

Gator By Marriage

A convert to Gatorism
Lifetime Member
Dec 31, 2018
If Knox wins the bowl game, he'll be 3-0 as an interim HC. Obviously the FSU win is not super impressive, but just based on superficial aspects, some will find 3-0 impressive. Add him being black, I can see someone picking him up. Heck, he may end up as a HC candidate at some small school if Mullins doesn't keep him in tow.
You’re probably right; there’s some dumb ADs out there.

Swamp Donkey

Founding Member
7-14 vs P5 Fire Stricklin First
Lifetime Member
Jun 9, 2014
Founding Member
This guys started a thread on TOS about recruiting stories. Apparently, he is plugged in through recruits and sounded like he used to run some kind of football related service. He's giving pretty straight answers and if he doesn't know, he just says so. But I found this one interesting.

Everyone should be turned off by weird ass Jules.

Dan Mullen seems to attract a bunch of repulsive freakshows.

Imagine running off Torian Gray and Jujuan Seider to replace them with Jules Montenegro and Knox.

It was like Douchebag Dan was trying to get fired from the day he arrived.

Gator4Life

Known as A Member.
Lifetime Member
Jun 15, 2018
Chasing him off? He has been on crutches most of the last two years. It isnt going to be much of a chase.

He is a horrible take and will end up in Sunbelt or 1AA. I dont think there there is anyone else around as desperate as Mullins and Knox to find ANY recruit who will sign with them.

I don't think him being chased off is a bad thing. Once again I think anybody that doesn't want to be here should go now or decommit!! We need to start fresh with only players that want to be at UF! So Bogel and the other 2 can go and any recruits that are having second thoughts should back off until they have a chance to either meet with Coach Napier or just decide to move on to another school!! We need fresh new players that want to play for UF and want UF to be dominant again!!

chferg

#CousinEddieTime
Aug 5, 2014

Wait you mean a guy who hasnt played in two years with bum knees isnt a good take?

BMF

Bad Mother....
Lifetime Member
Sep 8, 2014
UGA commit is currently on an unofficial visit to UF. This likely doesn't happen (flipping him).....but the visit NEVER would have happened if DM was still coach:

BMF

Bad Mother....
Lifetime Member
Sep 8, 2014
I'm stealing this from TOS (an embarrassing Mullen recruiting story):

Dan gave his personal cell phone to Lee Davis, and she was responsible for texting recruits. So, the recruits thought they were getting texts from Dan when it was really coming from Lee. This went on for a long time. Word got out to competing coaches (we had a mole inside the department, but that is another story) who started telling recruits that it was not Mullen doing the texting. The competing coaches started telling the recruits to respond to a Dan text by immediately saying that the recruit wanted to FaceTime with Dan right then and right now. Lee would panic as she could not comply with those requests for obvious reasons. Word spread among the recruits that they were not speaking with the head coach. Hence, Dan’s texting became far more sporadic. He was simply really lazy in this department.

neteng

Fuga!
Lifetime Member
Oct 15, 2018
UGA commit is currently on an unofficial visit to UF. This likely doesn't happen (flipping him).....but the visit NEVER would have happened if DM was still coach:

I think it is very likely we flip him. Seems like UGA told him to look elsewhere.

NOLAGATOR

God uses the unlikely to accomplish the impossible
Lifetime Member
Aug 20, 2018

Dan gave his personal cell phone to Lee Davis, and she was responsible for texting recruits. So, the recruits thought they were getting texts from Dan when it was really coming from Lee. This went on for a long time. Word got out to competing coaches (we had a mole inside the department, but that is another story) who started telling recruits that it was not Mullen doing the texting. The competing coaches started telling the recruits to respond to a Dan text by immediately saying that the recruit wanted to FaceTime with Dan right then and right now. Lee would panic as she could not comply with those requests for obvious reasons. Word spread among the recruits that they were not speaking with the head coach. Hence, Dan’s texting became far more sporadic. He was simply really lazy in this department.

This is sad...be honest.

neteng

Fuga!
Lifetime Member
Oct 15, 2018
Well, somebody will then. If we do, good. Glad to hear he's visiting. Must be nice to tell a top 100 guy to take a hike.

Lots of CBs to FSU at the moment. He visited Auburn and FSU over the last month. He is looking around.

Durty South Swamp

Founding Member
doodley doodley doo!
Lifetime Member
Jun 19, 2014
Founding Member

She should have just FT'd them. Would have been a lot better than seeing his stupid mug on the screen.

And lets be real. She had his personal cell for "other" reasons. Slut....

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Help Users

You haven't joined any rooms.