247's Team Talent Composite 2020: UF #8

soflagator

Lifetime Member
Sep 4, 2014
It’s hilarious that I witnessed that play in such an odd backdrop

I woke up and checked my phone at like 3am. That’s how I found out. Couldn’t stop giggling in bed to the point of waking up my wife. I had no interest in staying up to watch what looked like a terrible night. What a great morning though.

I’m not superstitious per se, but obviously should we find ourselves in that position, one of us needs to be in jail for the best outcome. Worst case scenario, we’ll have to call the cops on someone. I know Bart would be a weed goldmine, but there’s no cops there anymore, so I’m thinking Carib.

Swamp Donkey

Founding Member
7-14 vs P5 Fire Stricklin First
Lifetime Member
Jun 9, 2014
Founding Member
I was actually in jail when that NC game was in and I worked in the Staff Dining area so I was allowed to watch TV...all the guards are UGA fans or rooting for them and I was cheering when Bama came back...they literally told me to not say another word after 2nd and 26 or they would throw me in lockdown...I was laughing my ass off as soon as they left slamming **** around and making me clean up the mess realizing that they said that **** in front of the captain and got written up for it and got their hearts broken all on the same night...the captain gave me a cup of coffee and told me to make myself some wings n left...that was some funny ****
how much time? and for what? the fight re your wife?

Bait'n Gator

Go away..... bait'n
Lifetime Member
Mar 14, 2015
I woke up and checked my phone at like 3am. That’s how I found out. Couldn’t stop giggling in bed to the point of waking up my wife. I had no interest in staying up to watch what looked like a terrible night. What a great morning though.

I’m not superstitious per se, but obviously should we find ourselves in that position, one of us needs to be in jail for the best outcome. Worst case scenario, we’ll have to call the cops on someone. I know Bart would be a weed goldmine, but there’s no cops there anymore, so I’m thinking Carib.

Don't worry I got this. Odds are I'll get caught after I pay Mark Jones a visit. 2 birds 1 stone.

BMF

Bad Mother....
Lifetime Member
Sep 8, 2014
Yes it was and I was in there for 10 months

Ooooof!! I was about to chime in with - you CAN'T tell that story and not expound on why you were there! It's like in Austin Powers when he says, "There are only two things that scare me, and one of them is nuclear war."

BMF

Bad Mother....
Lifetime Member
Sep 8, 2014
He’s the UGA version of Blackmon

Arkansas' D has stuffed UGA's Offense on their first two drives. Mathis looks lost. It's still early, but it's about as encouraging as any rivals watching our Defense today.

ThreatMatrix

Lifetime Member
Aug 28, 2014
Oh boy, SAS really hates the composite.
Talent matters. 80% of the time the team with the higher (>10) composite wins.
Though Donk would have you believe different Mullen, is second only to Saban (you have to go back aways) at beating teams with a higher composite.
Composite is why it's ridiculous that UCF is ranked at all. They would lose 80% of their games if they played better teams.
But let's look at it in terms of relative numbers. Then you see some groupings.

1. UGA 992
2. Alabama 985
3. Ohio State 976

4. Clemson 916

5. Texas 893

6. Texas A&M 875
7. LSU 874
8. UF 872

9. Oklahoma 866
10. Notre Dame 866
11. Southern Cal 853
12. Penn State 851
13. Auburn 845
14. Tennessee 844

15. Michigan 833
16. FSU 833
17. Miami 822

18. Oregon 817
19. Washington 816
20. Stanford 801

21. South Carolina 772
22. UNC 740
23. Miss State 736
24. Arizona State 734
25. Nebraska 734

61. UCF 594 :bwahaha:

The haves (UGA, Bama, OSU) have a LOT more talent then the next group.
But we are making progress.
In 2019 we were at 835
2018 - 835
2017 - 796
2016 -798
Talent matters and we have a looong way to go.

Swamp Donkey

Founding Member
Lifetime Member
Jun 9, 2014
Founding Member
Though Donk would have you believe different Mullen, is second only to Saban (you have to go back aways) at beating teams with a higher composite.
I dont GAF if he occasionally beats a team with a slightly higher composite.

You douchebags can be satisfied that he "only loses the ones he is supposed to" if you want.
I dont accept losing to Ugly and LSU, or Kintucky or Mizzu regardless of the composite.

He is at THE University of Florida and should only be looking up at maybe Texas in talent.

BTW, what was South Alabama's talent index?

ThreatMatrix

Lifetime Member
Aug 28, 2014
I dont GAF if he occasionally beats a team with a slightly higher composite.

You douchebags can be satisfied that he "only loses the ones he is supposed to" if you want.
I dont accept losing to Ugly and LSU, or Kintucky or Mizzu regardless of the composite.

He is at THE University of Florida and should only be looking up at maybe Texas in talent.

BTW, what was South Alabama's talent index?

I think your reading comprehension is suffering (alcoholism will do that). He wins games he isn't suppose to, more so than most.
There is a caveat. Coaches in their first year under perform. The UK and Mizzu* losses track statistically. Conversely coaches in their last year also under perform (and generally get fired).
It's pretty damn hard for any coach to overcome a large disparity in talent. UGA has been almost 200 composite points better than us for a while. The good news is 20% of the time we should beat them so maybe this year.
And LSU has been 80 points better than us in most years so any win is remarkable. However we've finally caught up to them talent wise so you can pencil in a win this year.
By any objective or subjective measure Mullinz can be bashed for being a lousy recruiter. But bashing him for being a lousy coach can't be backed up statistically.

*Mizzu: Barry Odom one of the best at beating teams with more talent. Almost twice the average. An analysis of those games reveals that if there were extenuating circumstance he would take advantage. For example he'd routinely beat 1st year coaches and last year coaches even if they had more talent. Stoops at UK is no slouch either.
Going back to 2005 winning % against higher composite teams
Satan 7/10 70%
Odom 11/29 38%
Mullen 23/65 35%
Stoops 8/24 33%

Mullen is second only to Saban in winning % against lower composite teams
Saban 89/100 89%
Mullen 20/23 87%

Swamp Donkey

Founding Member
Lifetime Member
Jun 9, 2014
Founding Member
I DONT care.

There is ZERO excuse for SEC teams HAVING more talent than Florida. Winning one you shouldnt against Cowbell or Barn isnt a good thing.

It is an indictment of your garbage recruiting.

UFHealthGator

Lifetime Member
Nov 12, 2017
I DONT care.

There is ZERO excuse for SEC teams HAVING more talent than Florida. Winning one you shouldnt against Cowbell or Barn isnt a good thing.

Exactly. I don't understand why people disconnect recruiting disparity from coaching. Three years in, you own the team. If you are behind a rival team talent wise, it is on the coach.

Three years in, and our best QB in a decade was actually recruited by non other than nussmier. Mullen pretty much lucked into that situation, seeing how EJ is developing. I have high hopes for AR though.

gatormandan

Are we back yet?
Lifetime Member
Oct 15, 2014
I DONT care.

So you have been wrong about facilities all this time?

Swamp Donkey

Founding Member
Lifetime Member
Jun 9, 2014
Founding Member
So you have been wrong about facilities all this time?
facilities are a huge part. I know some of younare proud of being trailer trash.

So are coaches. when you hire garbage coaches with a history of being terrible recruiters, surprise! they're still terrible recruiters.

Miami's beating our ass in recruiting and they have no facilities. Ole Miss may win some battles, too, soon. they seem to have hired good recruiters at almost every position coach.

We need massive improvements in facilties, recruiting staff and coaches.

Conveniently the coaches who suck on the field also happen to suck at recruiting, making it easier to excise the cancer.

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Help Users

You haven't joined any rooms.