Schiano to coach Rutgers after all

MJMGator

Founding Member
Slightly amused
Lifetime Member
Jun 10, 2014
Founding Member
Clowns still have good talent on paper too but all three of those teams have epic level loser coaches right now.

No Gator coach has ever had it easier.

We should be stockpiling talent the way Boobie and scUM did while we were on probation in the 80s and on probabation under Daz/Chump/Butters.
Recruiting has changed since those days. Our state is probably recruited more heavily than any in the country with 3 traditional powers residing within it along with 4 other Div 1 programs.

Swamp Donkey

Founding Member
7-14 vs P5 Fire Stricklin First
Lifetime Member
Jun 9, 2014
Founding Member
Recruiting has changed since those days. Our state is probably recruited more heavily than any in the country with 3 traditional powers residing within it along with 4 other Div 1 programs.
Sure recruitingnhas changed.

Mostly bc there are three garbage coaches at The Big 3.

SeabeeGator

Lifetime Member
Jan 2, 2018
With Jimbob at the Bigtop? he wasn't good but he still was a beast recruiting.

Butters no doubt had an easier path to getting totally destroyed in Atlanta but no one affects our recruiting more than Clown and scUM.
No they don’t. They did in the past but not anymore. Bama, UGA, Clemson, etc affect our recruiting more than anyone. It would be nice to go back to the “Florida kids stay home” theory but that’s been blown out of the water.

A down UGA makes life a lot easier than a down FSU.

soflagator

Lifetime Member
Sep 4, 2014
Clowns still have good talent on paper too but all three of those teams have epic level loser coaches right now.

No Gator coach has ever had it easier.

We should be stockpiling talent the way Boobie and scUM did while we were on probation in the 80s and on probabation under Daz/Chump/Butters.

UF in its prime would be nearly unstoppable with the current state of fsu and um. It’s not in its prime because of the ridiculous decisions made by an incompetent AD a decade ago that killed brand, momentum and HS relationships. No one was solving that overnight with the damage that was already done, and everyone during our recent search acknowledged that, referring to the job as great but not at the moment. The debate really ends there.

soflagator

Lifetime Member
Sep 4, 2014

I don’t know how we arrive at this opinion. We all agree that recruiting is the lifeblood of a program. From 2015-2018(four classes) NU averaged a ranking of 24th. During the same period, UF’s classes had an average ranking of 15.75. Better, sure. But enough to justify 9-11 wins being “ok, anyone could do that” for Mullen while 4-5 wins is somehow admirable for Frost?

And while I’m not going to do the research, I’d say the amount of teams who were ranked above them in recruiting each of those years that the two teams have faced is heavily leaning toward UF’s schedule being a greater challenge.

Unless it’s the contention that the B10 is just somehow a greater challenge than the SEC, how could that data ever point to Frost doing a better job?

SeabeeGator

Lifetime Member
Jan 2, 2018
I don’t know how we arrive at this opinion. We all agree that recruiting is the lifeblood of a program. From 2015-2018(four classes) NU averaged a ranking of 24th. During the same period, UF’s classes had an average ranking of 15.75. Better, sure. But enough to justify 9-11 wins being “ok, anyone could do that” for Mullen while 4-5 wins is somehow admirable for Frost?

And while I’m not going to do the research, I’d say the amount of teams who were ranked above them in recruiting each of those years that the two teams have faced is heavily leaning toward UF’s schedule being a greater challenge.

Unless it’s the contention that the B10 is just somehow a greater challenge than the SEC, how could that data ever point to Frost doing a better job?
In traz world, every coach is a superior fit at UF to Mullen (on the whole) and if you disagree, you just have blinders on. He wants stats, stats are given but they are just deflections. Talk win-loss like he does, its just more deflection. Show the state of the program was different, he just doesn’t care enough to look into it.

Daryl

Lifetime Member
Nov 11, 2017
Twitter feed all a buzz saying he's been fired. Take it fwiw

Okeechobee Joe

Lost Ball in High Grass
Lifetime Member
Oct 5, 2014
I don't know if Moorhead will leave MSU for Rutgers but he may be leaving Starkville tonight if John Rhys Plumlee is on his game.

soflagator

Lifetime Member
Sep 4, 2014

Based on rankings, Iowa State, KState and Texas Tech all have less talent and he’s routinely lost to them. And while he doesn’t have SoAlabama on his resume, he does have a loss to 6-6 Central Mich just 3 seasons ago, with Mason Rudolph as his QB.

I’m not bashing him, or you for liking him. I just don’t see any definitive upgrade. And if there’s anything to be learned from him, it’s that he often flirts while knowing full well he wants to be at Osu. So I’ll take and support the guy who at least wants to be here. Doesn’t mean anyone’s wrong per se, but if you read some posts you’d imagine there were absolutes all over the place or that we were flailing. Again, though, just differing opinions.

Ancient Reptile

Mar 4, 2015
Lol. Ole Miss player scores with 4 seconds left and pretends to be a bulldog urinating drawing an unsportsmanlike penalty that pushes the extra point back and it is missed costing UM the tie. Lol.

Users who are viewing this thread

Help Users

You haven't joined any rooms.