Schiano to coach Rutgers after all

GatorAuthor

Bringing Prestige Worldwide
Feb 24, 2016
Dude, relax.

I was poking fun, but never seriously questioned your loyalty. This is a sports bar atmosphere and that's how we roll around here. However, if donkey accuses you of sitting when you pee, he's totally serious and you should sue for defamation.

While interlaced with some truth, my posturing was really just ridiculous grandstanding to play along with the mystique of my rank. I thought my sarcasm was obvious enough. Maybe I need to use more emojis? Many current and former military folks here will bust chops in a similar fashion, but none of us take it seriously.

Great Av! I wish I kept my SI copy. I was in HS when Pell and Peace made UF football fun to watch again. I grew up 1 mile from Florida Field, so I could hear the roar of the crowd from my front yard if I couldn't go with my dad to the game.

As for the hate, uga is more than a rival. They're arrogant enough to believe they're the classy team and SOS is an arrogant jerk who ran up the score. The truth is uga set the bar low when it comes to classless behavior and their blatant hypocrisy is probably a huge reason UF fans will point back to the 40s (and even further) when explaining our disdain for the butt sniffers. But you do you.

All’s well, Master Chief! There is a mystique about your rank, so I say play off it as much as you can.

I grew up in Lakeland and remember watching Wayne Peace play there and at UF. I think he played hoops in high school with Rick Strawbridge who played hoops at UF. Seems like the same era to me.

Nothing was better than having SOS and his total disdain for our rivals. None of us will forget him talking about having “half a hundred” on UGA between the hedges.

Semper Par

Ancient Reptile

Mar 4, 2015
Not if you like to hunt or fish. Hell, they still ride around town with a rifle & shotgun on a rack in the back window of their trucks. It’s a small southern college town, not a shythole like bigger cities with inner city gang banger issues.
On a rack in the truck's back window? True story. I was on the MSU campus one morning when a young man in camo drove across the lawn with a rifle across the handlebars of his ATV and a blonde behind him hugging tight. Not everyone's cup of tea, but it is attractive to some.

Since65

Oct 5, 2014
I grew up in Lakeland and remember watching Wayne Peace play there and at UF. I think he played hoops in high school with Rick Strawbridge who played hoops at UF. Seems like the same era to me.

Rick Strawbridge played tight end at Miami. Younger brother Tim played for Norm Sloan at Florida. Both were former Dreadnaughts as was Peace.

GatorAuthor

Feb 24, 2016
Rick Strawbridge played tight end at Miami. Younger brother Tim played for Norm Sloan at Florida. Both were former Dreadnaughts as was Peace.
That is awesome!! If I didn't have it nailed already, I've locked down the "Biggest Knucklehead in Thread" award. Sheesh, I can barely express a thought in this thread without getting it dead wrong!

As a Dreadnaught, you'd think I'd remember that there were 2 Strawbridges, but I still don't really. I think Wayne and Tim are probably 8-9 years older than I, but still.

I'm definitely not posting in this thread again. Just hoping I won't need to correct anything in this one.

Okeechobee Joe

Lost Ball in High Grass
Lifetime Member
Oct 5, 2014
timthumb.php.jpeg

I remember driving up to Gainesville and passing by the old Bryant Stadium "Home of the Dreadnaughts". That was an iconic name. When you made it to the Dreadnaughts you knew you were about half way there.

GatorAuthor

Feb 24, 2016
I remember driving up to Gainesville and passing by the old Bryant Stadium "Home of the Dreadnaughts". That was an iconic name. When you made it to the Dreadnaughts you knew you were about half way there.
And Henley Field (right next door) was as sweet and smooth a baseball field as I ever played on. Many high School and Senior League games there. Loved that place.

Henley 2.jpg Henley.jpg

FireFoley

Lifetime Member
Nov 19, 2014
Have the team you currently coach lose this season to UToothless. That is a sure fire way to help land you the Rutgers job.

BMF

Bad Mother....
Lifetime Member
Sep 8, 2014
If he gets an offer, he better take it.

Yep, that team he took to Knoxville looked pathetic and very poorly prepared, going against a dead man walking program.

Again, I think Schiano gets the job but if he doesn't and Moorhead is offered he should jump on that before they change their minds!

JCTow

Nov 16, 2017
And Henley Field (right next door) was as sweet and smooth a baseball field as I ever played on. Many high School and Senior League games there. Loved that place.

I’m from Bartow....know the place well

Ancient Reptile

Mar 4, 2015
I asked a State grad today whether he thought Moorhead would take the Rutgers job. He said, "If they offer him, he better take it." Also pointed out that AD Cohen saw fit to sit in on the post game presser. Strange that we didn't see that with the last 7-5 coach.

Users who are viewing this thread

Help Users

You haven't joined any rooms.