Mike Leach hired at MSU; already entertaining the masses

TheDouglas78

Founding Member
Lifetime Member
Jun 12, 2014
Founding Member
This is what I’ll never understand about this forum. This is a breaking news story in and of itself. So what do we do? Stick in on page 19 and change the title. Some topics need a new beginning. Constantly burying new stuff in old threads will never make sense to me.

JMHO
giphy.gif

Captain Sasquatch

Founding Member
Mr. SQ, the Sashole
BANNED
Jun 10, 2014
Founding Member
This is what I’ll never understand about this forum. This is a breaking news story in and of itself. So what do we do? Stick in on page 19 and change the title. Some topics need a new beginning. Constantly burying new stuff in old threads will never make sense to me.

JMHO
Gotta make room for all of the great threads started by 78.

Swamp Donkey

Founding Member
7-14 vs P5 Fire Stricklin First
Lifetime Member
Jun 9, 2014
Founding Member
Yeah, I get the Leach reference, but I don't get the location reference. The worst Mississippi haters universally concede that the women are more distracting.
There are fat ones to be found everywhere you look in Muhsippi or Trailerbammer, fo sho.

Slevin

Law’s Alter-Ego
BANNED
Aug 12, 2014
Maybe sometimes, but on this one I disagree with you. It's the same conversation, broadly about the same topic, but there's been a new development that has shifted the focus of it, that's all.
You realize there might be some that have never clicked this thread right? And when you see the title you’re like “oh shyt what are they saying!” And then you realize the first 18 pages are from weeks ago, Most comments about how much everyone hates grantham, just to get to the 19th page where the new information is. It’s dumb. The search and the hire are two different topics. Should be as such. Mike Leach deserves his own thread.

Albert

Enormous Member
Aug 22, 2014
If one truly is in the market for high-quality, trust Fund princess poon, Oxford is your destination. If you are looking for available, knows the price of rolls of Generic Skoal, might I suggest Starkville.

lizardbreath

Nov 5, 2016
Looks like we're stuck with Grantham then. Is he taking any other calls? Is anyone else calling? I'd think there would be people still looking at him for HC vacancies, just based on his numbers. You'd have to be an attentive Gator fan to know that his defenses are not as airtight in critical situations as the season-long stats would otherwise indicate.
Hope springs eternal.

Durty South Swamp

Founding Member
doodley doodley doo!
Lifetime Member
Jun 19, 2014
Founding Member
stoops is by far the most milquetoast coach in the SEC.

edit - not familiar with the ark dude so he might be up there as well, but at least for returning coaches, stoops is definitely the most bland and irrelevant dude around.

Zambo

Founding Member
Poo Flinger
Lifetime Member
Jun 12, 2014
Founding Member
No doubt there are a few good looking southern belles in Mussippi. To say that they are vastly outnumbered by fat trailer park dwellers would be an understatement of titanic proportions.

Durty South Swamp

Founding Member
doodley doodley doo!
Lifetime Member
Jun 19, 2014
Founding Member
No doubt there are a few good looking southern belles in Mussippi. To say that they are vastly outnumbered by fat trailer park dwellers would be an understatement of titanic proportions.
dont talk about AR's mama like that...

soflagator

Lifetime Member
Sep 4, 2014
stoops is by far the most milquetoast coach in the SEC.

edit - not familiar with the ark dude so he might be up there as well, but at least for returning coaches, stoops is definitely the most bland and irrelevant dude around.

You may not know much about him, but he's a fairly normal guy. He'd also like to hear more about this "milk and toast" you guys keep speaking of.

ADG_SPT_UA_FBC_PRACTICE_018_r600x400.JPG

t-gator

Founding Member
too sexy for my shirt
Lifetime Member
Jun 13, 2014
Founding Member
I stick by what I said and a few of you argued with me. Grantham will never be a power 5 head coach,ever. He's not young and pretty enough. The only way we lose him is he takes an nfl gig or we fire him. Very few group 5 hc jobs are gonna pay what he's getting now. I know he keeps putting his name out there but that doesn't really mean shcit. I personally don't think we'll ever get over the hump with him here.

cover2

Founding Member
I've grown old
Lifetime Member
Jun 12, 2014
Founding Member
With this class we’ve been getting larger DEs. Almost like we’re recruiting for a 4-3 defense.
Since the majority of what a defense faces these days, 4 and 5 wide, no FB, TE flexed or an H-back, you almost have to have a preponderance of DB's and hybrid LB types, but still some beef in the middle of the DL and on the edges when the down and distance and the opposition's tendencies call for it. Nothing wrong with basing out of a 4-3 as long as you can play a Nickel or Dime, pressure the QB and control the edges along with the LOS. We were certainly able to pressure the QB this year. This helped make up for a poor back end and was, I believe, a factor in winning 11. If we can maintain our strength and pick up the pace with our weaknesses, we should at least be no worse than we were this year. I can stand a wash if we can run the ball better (200/game) to go along with our passing game.

But most of you know that safety play might be the biggest area for improvement. Just not sure how that will happen having to depend on young guys growing up and how well they are trained and prepared.

Founding Member
Dazed and Confused
Lifetime Member
Jun 9, 2014
Founding Member
For all the off-season splashing around going on in the SEC West, it’ll probably only have a marginal impact on the end result.

itsgr82bag8r

Founding Member
Tell your mom I said hi
Lifetime Member
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member
But he can't go back to LSU because getting rid of Ogre would actually bring some normalcy. He'd have to go to, I dunno, Kentucky or something. Having a hard time figuring out which coach in the SEC is the most milquetoast.

Jeremy Pruitt, by a mile.

Ancient Reptile

Mar 4, 2015
Frequent the trailer parks, do you?

Users who are viewing this thread

Help Users

You haven't joined any rooms.

Birthdays

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    fishermb