Best Posts in Thread: Why is everyone freaking out over war with Iran?

1. Theologator

Theologator Enchanter

Oxbucks:
    $6,781
    Ratings:
    +7,704 / -105
    Our Army Cav Scout son is furious with the coverage. He said every IED they came across in his 27+ months in Iraq (2005 & 2008-09) was traced back to Iran. Every one. (Posted that elsewhere but worth repeating.) He was playing offense the whole time.

• Theologator

Theologator Enchanter

Oxbucks:
      $6,781
      Ratings:
      +7,704 / -105
      I don’t understand why there was any explanation beyond, “He’s been behind the Shiite factions attacking our troops for 16 years, he was behind the recent attacks on our embassy and the contractor, he was riding with the Iraqi coordinating all of that, he’s behind the proxy war in Yemen and ongoing strategic moves to threaten Israel.

He’s been on a kill list for 7 months.

Even so, the way the AP and others misconstrued the SecDef’s interview Sunday morning is yet another appalling false narrative.

• Okeechobee Joe

Okeechobee Joe Lost Ball in High Grass
        Lifetime Member

Oxbucks:
        $7,094
        Ratings:
        +11,903 / -51
        Taking out Soleimani looks a lot different to a soldier than it does to the jackwagons at CNN

• Bushmaster

Bushmaster Well-Known Member
          Lifetime Member

Oxbucks:
          $2,158
          Ratings:
          +2,320 / -139
          I have had both kids, wife, employees, clients, friends, and neighbors ask me what are my thoughts on us running a bomb up some iranian generals ass and blowing him to pieces.

Am I worried Iran is going to attack? No. They are no more motivated now to take a shot at us now than they were last month. Are we more motivated to beat uga or f$u because they did something? That is their level of hatred for us.

Are they going to pop off something here in the US? Doubtful. They would have already done it if they could have.

Killing Saddam = great!!
          Killing OBL = great!!!
          Killing this guy = bad?? Is it because orange man bad? The liberal hatred for everything Trump is so far over the top I have to wonder why they are on Iran's side over their own country.

Read recently Trump gets 93% NEGATIVE news coverage. obamalama received over 90% POSITIVE news coverage. Really? Sell that garbage elsewhere. It doesn't fly.

Quit scaring the hell out of Americans about Iran. We would go thru their ass like a hot knife thru diarrhea and be home in time for supper. Iraq fought them to a draw and we literaly didn't stop on our way to Bagdhad in 2003. The difference this time is there won't be a terrorist nation providing urban fighters in Tehran.

• Concrete Helmet

Concrete Helmet Hook, Line, and Sinker
            Lifetime Member

Oxbucks:
            $7,343
            Ratings:
            +12,000 / -935
            Listen and hear me out because this is the whole truth....
            Iran would get their asses handed to them in less than 1 hour....Same with Russia....and NK would only take 15 minutes.
            The media hypes these countries capabilities up to the point where people fear ANY harsh dealings or confrontation with them and is used against any POTUS with balls. They even try and make Trump look bad when he imposes sanctions or takes military action. It's carryover from Bush1&2, Reagan and even back to the Cold War. This was when the KGB infiltrated the media and Hollywood and started this Leftist propaganda .....look how Reagan handled the USSR....They didn't have half the sh!t we were led to believe they had.

These media types don't realize that countries like Iran, Russia, and NK are LITERALLY starving from the sanctions Trump has put on them....they are like children misbehaving because their candy got taken away.....I can't believe a large majority of the public doesn't see through this.

It's a damned good thing for them Trump is a peace loving man because if I had my way we'd be kicking all 3 of their asses and taking their lunch money....

• Concrete Helmet

Concrete Helmet Hook, Line, and Sinker
              Lifetime Member

Oxbucks:
              $7,343
              Ratings:
              +12,000 / -935
              No....no we wouldn't and in the end we'd end up saving and improving the lives of millions if we did it right.

• Ancient Reptile

Ancient Reptile Senior Member
                Supporting Member

Oxbucks:
                $6,923
                Ratings:
                +7,845 / -714
                The messaging was so clear that it was understood by everyone except the US MSM. The most frustrating aspect is that the same outlets simultaneously accuse him of being too weak and too aggressive. One might think that a discriminating readership might limit them to one or the other.

• gatorev12

gatorev12 Well-Known Member

Oxbucks:
                  $4,017
                  Ratings:
                  +4,250 / -581
                  I actually think Trump has handled the messaging quite well: he's made it clear in public and private settings that *we* won't escalate things from here, but that we aren't blind to what they're doing and are going to continue holding them responsible for their actions whether they act directly or via their proxies. It's good statesmanship and what was needed to assure the public and markets that all the "WWIII" nonsense was media drivel.

• NOLAGATOR

NOLAGATOR Deep Behind Enemy Lines
                    Supporting Member

Oxbucks:
                    $4,891
                    Ratings:
                    +5,184 / -465
                    It's not Iran...its the Middle East.

I have no issue taking out a Terrorist...even a Political Leader...which is against international law...I'm no Globalist.

But I am sick of little wars in piss ant countries that last decades.

America First

• Taco Gratis

Taco Gratis Clear eyes. Full hearts.

Ratings:
                      +4,042 / -246
                      Everyone does this to some extent. It's called "Gell-Mann Amnesia" after physicist Murray Gell-Mann.

• ThreatMatrix

ThreatMatrix In shambles
                        Lifetime Member

Oxbucks:
                        $9,860
                        Ratings:
                        +17,650 / -713
                        You have to understand that Muslims want to bring armegeddon. They don't care who dies on their side. Once Iran has nukes be afraid, be very afraid because the religious leaders in Iran will be doing Allah's work. The mistake in dealing with them is thinking that they think like us. They don't. MAD is not a deterrent for them.

• Okeechobee Joe

Okeechobee Joe Lost Ball in High Grass
                          Lifetime Member

Oxbucks:
                          $7,094
                          Ratings:
                          +11,903 / -51

Giving them the silent treatment.

• rogdochar

rogdochar Senior Member
                            Lifetime Member

Oxbucks:
                            $12,117
                            Ratings:
                            +18,799 / -284
                            Non-mainstream media will get you more of the true truth versus Leftist propaganda.
                            So 50% of Americans do not believe 100% of propagandized reveals; they just choose to cuddle with the Left-crowd that uses bullying persecution to keep their crowd in line. My God! Think about Iranian students who know American leaders are more honest than Khomeini. To express this they tread near their imprisonment or death. Worldwide and at home, subtle changes are taking place. Spiritual changes that have been stirred by the existence of a US President like Trump. All past presidents have been no-change presidents -- not so with Trump. The US Presidents to follow need to not fit in with The Swamp. The Swamp actions have no substance -- they're fake. That goes well with fake news.

The protests in Iran may get quashed but those people will remember better and come back better. Outsiders can encourage their yearn for freedoms or turn their backs on them like Obama. Right now, something is different for Iranians that they really do not want to chant "death to America" and many think the killing of Suleimini was a good deed.

• rogdochar

rogdochar Senior Member
                              Lifetime Member

Oxbucks:
                              $12,117
                              Ratings:
                              +18,799 / -284
                              Trump got more valid results in shaking hands with North Korea's Kim than 16 years of Bush and Obama. combined. Kim has learned the most truth about Americans and their President than he has ever known previously. That is a move in the right direction. As Kim observes our firm dealings with Iran's Khomeini, it will all be more relevant-real than before Trump taught Kim what we're really like = working with us or working against us. Of course, Kim's delusionally insane ... but he has to be contacted, worked with.

• NavetG8r

NavetG8r Stupid
                                Lifetime Member

Oxbucks:
                                $4,620
                                Ratings:
                                +13,663 / -164
                                I guarantee you we won't be setting up shop in Iran like we did Iraq. It'll be quick, strategic, precise, and devastating. Again, IF Iran doesn't get wise. Hopefully, they realize it's a losing proposition to keep challenging us.

• CapitalGator02

CapitalGator02 ( . Y . )

Oxbucks:
                                  $2,903
                                  Ratings:
                                  +4,894 / -65
                                  You need to find a new family and friends.

• NavetG8r

NavetG8r Stupid
                                    Lifetime Member

Oxbucks:
                                    $4,620
                                    Ratings:
                                    +13,663 / -164
                                    Maybe you would, but I wouldn't. Neither would the vast majority of those in our military today. Iran has been begging for an attitude adjustment for decades. We have the capabilities to give them exactly that without much, if any, loss of life to our own troops. If they keep it up, they may get that much needed attitude adjustment. I'll stand behind our POTUS if he feels he needs to make that call because he's already proven he'd prefer not to go that route, but is willing to do what he can to protect our troops. That has a lot of value with me being a 20 year vet.

• Zambo

Zambo Poo Flinger
                                      Lifetime Member

Oxbucks:
                                      $11,585
                                      Ratings:
                                      +20,785 / -362
                                      Tell me about the "spin."

• Gator By Marriage

Gator By Marriage A convert to Gatorism
                                        Lifetime Member

Oxbucks:
                                        $9,783
                                        Ratings:
                                        +10,549 / -159
                                        When I was a kid growing up in NoVa, my Dad would regularly rail about stuff he read in the Washington Post. His particular pet peeve was to read in the Metro section about something that happened in our city where the Post would refer to an east-west running street as North or South such and such street. I vividly remember him looking directly at me on one occasion and saying "Always be suspicious of everything you read in this paper."

• Swamp Donkey

Swamp Donkey Bring Back Mohamed, Slev and Assquish
                                          Lifetime Member

Oxbucks:
                                          $57,148
                                          Ratings:
                                          +84,445 / -5,453
                                          Yeah, but CNN says he gets to kill 600 for free and only 601 matters, but only if it is imminent.

And trust the Dims bc they cant actually discuss the classified data. Theyve been so trustworthy in summarizing classified, havent they?

These arent the real numbers, anyway. Those might be the ones our CIA heard HIM give the order specifically to strike us at a soecific point. Every single Shiite militia from Teheran to Beirut took orders from him and him alone. They didnt shyt without his permission.

The real number is tens of thousands killed and probably ten times that of his own people. Basically every death came at his hands from the Shiite militias he back, at least up until time that Obama tried to make Al Queda in Iraq/ISIS his pet and unleash them on Assad.

I just wish the death of Suleimani had been slower, like so many of our American marines and soldiers were. Maybe tie him up to a bridge in Fallujah and then roast him slowly.

#34 Swamp Donkey, Jan 14, 2020
                                          Last edited: Jan 14, 2020

The Box

Help

You don't have the necessary permissions to use the chat.

1. There are currently no users chatting.
                                              • About Us

Our community sprung up when the Gatorsports message board was shut down in the summer of 2014. We pride ourselves on offering Gator-biased, yet critical discussion among people of all different backgrounds. We are working every day to make sure our community is the best Gator message board you will find.
                                              • Like us on Facebook

• Buy us a Zima!

The management works very hard to make sure the community is running the best software, best designs, and all the other bells and whistles. Care to buy us a non-alcoholic Zima? We'd really appreciate it! Just click the "Donate" tab at the top of the page.