PURCHASED: Audi TT Quattro

Founding Member
Dazed and Confused
Lifetime Member
Jun 9, 2014
Founding Member
You knocked it out of the park on this project, financially and with the finished product.

If you had told me when it all began you were going to end up with a German roadster that looked this clean, and for ~ 5k, I’d have said you were nuts.

oxrageous

Founding Member
It's Good to be King
Administrator
Jun 5, 2014
Founding Member
I've been going on drives every evening and greatly enjoying it. Finally sorted all the rotted and split hoses under the hood which had created boost leaks, and the car runs strong.

The car also has a power glass wind deflector that comes up behind the seats which wasn't working - the belt commonly deteriorates. Fixed that as well.

Swamp Donkey

Founding Member
7-14 vs P5 Fire Stricklin First
Lifetime Member
Jun 9, 2014
Founding Member
I thought youd like that car. Solid value for the money, especially used.

Last edited:

Concrete Helmet

Hook, Line, and Sinker
Lifetime Member
Jul 29, 2014
Great....now we have 2 Euro fags riding around probably wearing flat hats and driving scarfs and splitting time between the "German roadsters" and 3 wheel variant motorcycles. :lol2:

oxrageous

Founding Member
It's Good to be King
Administrator
Jun 5, 2014
Founding Member
I've been running wiring for a backup camera on this Audi. Good Lord, what a pain in the ass it is running a wire from the back of the car to the front. Fishing wiring through small spaces, etc.

The car doesn't really need a backup camera but I think they are neat, plus I need something to do.

And you turds are getting pictures when I'm done whether you want them or not. :dance:

AuggieDosta

I Don't Re Member
Lifetime Member
Aug 1, 2018
Are those camera lights hanging from your ceiling that you use for your mr fix it YouTube projects?

oxrageous

Founding Member
It's Good to be King
Administrator
Jun 5, 2014
Founding Member
Okay, here's the scintillating video I promised you. This mirror was 80 bucks on Amazon. It has built-in front camera, and includes a rear camera, which I installed above the license plate. I ran the wires along the window trim and hid everything. When you start the car, it turns on and starts recording immediately on both cameras. You can set a different angle for it to show when you put the car in reverse, which it remembers. It records on a 64GB mini SD card and loops. You can either watch the video feed of the rear while you drive or turn off the screen and use it as a normal mirror. Amazing technology for 80 lousy bucks. I just ended up ordering a larger one for my Titan.

LINK: https://amzn.to/2JIlEpI

Enjoy!

crosscreekcooter

Founding Member
Cunning Linguist; RIP
Lifetime Member
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member
That thing has great resolution. You should add this soundtrack to the video. You always reminded me of Sonny Crockett. Or maybe it was Tubbs.

crosscreekcooter

Founding Member
Cunning Linguist; RIP
Lifetime Member
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member
From Wiki:
James Crockett, more commonly known as Sonny Crockett, is a detective in the Metro-Dade Police Department (now Miami-Dade Police Department). He holds the rank of sergeant in the MDPD.

Crockett is a former University of Florida Gators football star[1] who had sustained an injury which put an end to his sports career. He served two tours in Vietnam – or as he calls it, the "Southeast Asia Conference".
----------------------------
This thing used to report that Sonny Crockett was an All American wide receiver for the Gators that caught an 80 yard touchdown pass against the Crimson Tide to win the National Championship. :lol2:

oxrageous

Founding Member
It's Good to be King
Administrator
Jun 5, 2014
Founding Member
Still happy? No buyer's remorse? I know you were a little concerned about it being heavy... and unknown territory as you were so familiar with Mazda.
No remorse, it's been great fun for 5K. Now, if it snaps a timing belt tomorrow, some remorse might creep in.

It's much heavier than a Miata but also has double the power.

oxrageous

Founding Member
It's Good to be King
Administrator
Jun 5, 2014
Founding Member
IMG-1304.jpg

IMG-1305.jpg

IMG-1308.jpg

Users who are viewing this thread

Help Users

You haven't joined any rooms.