Transfer Portal: TJ Moore transfers

Bait'n Gator

Go away..... bait'n
Lifetime Member
Mar 14, 2015
The highest rated TE in high school history must not have gotten Donkeys memo that Florida will never throw another forward pass. Gilbert is probably gonna be pretty pissed once he finds out.

NOLAGATOR

God uses the unlikely to accomplish the impossible
Lifetime Member
Aug 20, 2018
Again...This is all well and good but with Grantham and a running QB how are we ever going to outscore our opponents? :mac:

lagator

Lifetime Member
Sep 9, 2014
Not to shabby

gatorev12

Lifetime Member
Aug 17, 2018
LOVE the pickup (no question, it's solid work by the staff); but one reason Pitts had such a monster season was because teams really couldn't double him every time because doing so would open up things for Toney...and to a lesser extent Grimes (though Copeland, Shorter, and others had contributions).

I think it's safe to say our offense will look different next year; but finding a Toney replacement in the slot will be key towards having a productive Gilbert. Either that or hoping Gamble, Zipperer, or one of the other TEs steps up (and we run an offense similar to what ND put up this past year, as someone else mentioned). Book wasn't an "elite" QB, but he was decent throwing the ball and could run. The dual-threat allowed them to go jumbo on many packages and opened things up for when they ran multiple TE sets (sometimes 2 at the line, other times with one split out wide in a trips formation).

The Lateral Move

Oct 9, 2018
LOVE the pickup (no question, it's solid work by the staff); but one reason Pitts had such a monster season was because teams really couldn't double him every time because doing so would open up things for Toney...and to a lesser extent Grimes (though Copeland, Shorter, and others had contributions).

I think it's safe to say our offense will look different next year; but finding a Toney replacement in the slot will be key towards having a productive Gilbert. Either that or hoping Gamble, Zipperer, or one of the other TEs steps up (and we run an offense similar to what ND put up this past year, as someone else mentioned). Book wasn't an "elite" QB, but he was decent throwing the ball and could run. The dual-threat allowed them to go jumbo on many packages and opened things up for when they ran multiple TE sets (sometimes 2 at the line, other times with one split out wide in a trips formation).

I could see us running some 12 successfully like that but I also wouldn't be that surprised if at least one receiver stepped up. We seem to be reloading at WR pretty well lately.

So one of Copeland, Shorter and/or Henderson probably would take the pressure off Gilbert a little.

The Lateral Move

Oct 9, 2018

Also who are you referring to? It seems like it should be obvious but I'm only thinking of Gatewood. Maybe I missed it.

Swamp Donkey

Founding Member
7-14 vs P5 Fire Stricklin First
Lifetime Member
Jun 9, 2014
Founding Member
You saw AR against Oklahoma. He’s gonna be toting the ball a lot once Jones hands over the ball, which is only a matter of time. 2020’s passing-game resurgence is already a fading memory.
EJ is your QB for three years.

Swamp Donkey

Founding Member
Lifetime Member
Jun 9, 2014
Founding Member
Of course!

We just got the most coveted transfer out there and you're not happy. Were you happier when the Canes got the WR from Oklahoma?

Go away.
I will be happy when this piece of shiiit coaching staff is begging for a job in Hattiesburg or living in a barn w your boy Butters.

Swamp Donkey

Founding Member
Lifetime Member
Jun 9, 2014
Founding Member
The discrepancy between Mullen's portal recruiting and high school recruiting is bizarre. At this point it is no longer a coincidence.
He is the only one who sucks so bad at recruiting that he has open spots. You think Trailerbammer is taking backups from Penn State or mediocre Barners?

When we subtract five kids who failed to make the class and add two four stars, it doesnt help Cousin Eddie at all.

Swamp Donkey

Founding Member
Lifetime Member
Jun 9, 2014
Founding Member
How can we forget Gator Fever's favorite OC, Dan Enos?

Users who are viewing this thread

Help Users

You haven't joined any rooms.