Transfer Portal: TJ Moore transfers

neteng

Fuga!
Lifetime Member
Oct 15, 2018
Queen of Battle, Follow Me!

Good lawd ... FA officers are lumps. But I do appreciate when they put lead on target before moving in. Made things easier.

EDIT: But after thinking about what I just said it really was the FA warrant officer that made sure that happened and not the officiers.

neteng

Fuga!
Lifetime Member
Oct 15, 2018
well, armor (especially cav scouts) is the Tranny of Battle.

1st-cav-goin-retro-on-your-ass

Theologator

Enchanter
Lifetime Member
Aug 11, 2015
well, armor (especially cav scouts) is the Tranny of Battle.

Lol...Our oldest son was an air Cav Scout in the 3rd ID. w/ 2 extensive tours in Iraq for a total of over 27 months. His unit took out the last al Quaeda cell. We got to watch the video of it. He lit up the target with a .50 cal, a Bradley then targeted off his placement & lit it up further with a heavier gun. Then an Apache a couple of miles away used that plume to target a Hellfire missile which blew the roof of the building - which stayed together - up 100 feet or more, then it came down and flattened the site like a pancake.

(But, of course, according to the Dems there were no al Quaeda cells in Iraq...they claimed it was the one place in the whole world without al Quaeda cells.)

He shifted to recruiting about 8-9 years ago for his family’s sake (4 kids), and is moving to Tampa MEPS next month. They’ll be an hour away and we are pleased.

Slug

I fcuking hate people.
Lifetime Member
Jul 2, 2014
I slept in a hardened dorm with AC and TV. Watched the Bucs win the super bowl and went to the pool after work. The AF sends its officers to the front lines. They're expendable. Us SSgts are the important ones who make things happens.

Homer J

Founding Member
Lifetime Member
Jun 12, 2014
Founding Member
Lol...Our oldest son was an air Cav Scout in the 3rd ID. w/ 2 extensive tours in Iraq for a total of over 27 months. His unit took out the last al Quaeda cell. We got to watch the video of it. He lit up the target with a .50 cal, a Bradley then targeted off his placement & lit it up further with a heavier gun. Then an Apache a couple of miles away used that plume to target a Hellfire missile which blew the roof of the building - which stayed together - up 100 feet or more, then it came down and flattened the site like a pancake.

(But, of course, according to the Dems there were no al Quaeda cells in Iraq...they claimed it was the one place in the whole world without al Quaeda cells.)

He shifted to recruiting about 8-9 years ago for his family’s sake (4 kids), and is moving to Tampa MEPS next month. They’ll be an hour away and we are pleased.
Probably should have started with the Apache

Theologator

Enchanter
Lifetime Member
Aug 11, 2015
Probably should have started with the Apache

I was intrigued by the process. Surely the Apache could have leveled the building. But I assume the precision made sure of complete success. I was also impressed with how careful they were to make sure they had every advantage. And the flattening was complete.

The Bradley was a mile away, the Apache several miles. Our son’s shooting was 200-300 yards out. There was no return fire and the whole thing was done in about 20 seconds.

Theologator

Enchanter
Lifetime Member
Aug 11, 2015
I slept in a hardened dorm with AC and TV. Watched the Bucs win the super bowl and went to the pool after work. The AF sends its officers to the front lines. They're expendable. Us SSgts are the important ones who make things happens.

My son is an E7. Totally agree.

B52G8rAC

SAC Trained Warrior
Lifetime Member
Feb 15, 2016
My son is an E7. Totally agree.
Now I don't want to take anything away from the ALO job. Great career broadening for a young Captain fighter pilot. However, the AF does use those positions to encourage officers to think about retiring. When I was a LTCOL, I got an assignment to camp with the Army at Fort Red Cloud, SK. I was the 31st field grade officer to be so offered. I think they finally filled the slot with number 37. Probably had kids in college and couldn't retire at the time.

Users who are viewing this thread

Help Users

You haven't joined any rooms.