COMING SPRING 2021: Spurrier’s Gridiron Grille

Swamp Donkey

Founding Member
7-14 vs P5 Fire Stricklin First
Lifetime Member
Jun 9, 2014
Founding Member
So... let me understand this. You can plan a building, and actually build it in less than a year?

I thought this only happened in South Carolina, Georgia and Alabama.

I thought in Gainesville it took at least 10 years to build something.

stephenPE

Lifetime Member
Jul 20, 2014
you need to get out more...........lets go to Stevie's grill.....Im buying.......(i hear if your name is steve you get a discounty)

LagoonGator68

Founding Member
mostly peaceful protester
Lifetime Member
Jun 12, 2014
Founding Member
Hopefully, SOS is only lending his name and artifacts to the restaurant people for a fee and/or a share and not investing his own real money. That way if the food sux, which is all that matters, he won;t be out any real cake if it flops. I lived where the names of the restaurants were Ditka's, Jordan's, Harry Carey's, etc. and they all went the way of the dinosaur b/c the food was below average. Me thinks that SOS has put little to nothing out of pocket.

Spurrier is no fool. He will be 76 in a month or so and has seen the bidness go to crap over the years with The Brown Derby, Steak and Ale and Cork and Cleaver, just to name a few well established biggies....

GatorTruth133

Alethea
Lifetime Member
Oct 5, 2017
This is awesome:

That is...too bad most on that photo are Apollo's games. Don't get me wrong, I went to every Apollo's home game and have a mini helmet of theirs in my office, but I'd rather see more UF plays. I know there are some there, just saying. BUT, not seeing many only makes me want to go more so I can see more.

Towels 'N Sporks

We R Bad Cause Urban Cheated on Wife
May 19, 2016
Spurriers wasn't open the other day (about a week ago) when my wife and I walked by after eating some sushi, but we were peeking around. I do think it looks REALLY nice for a sports restaurant, especially the rooftop bar area.

Hope they can get enough customers to fill the place. It is really big. I'm not confident a place that big can do well in Gainesville but my fingers are crossed.

stephenPE

Lifetime Member
Jul 20, 2014
6 weeks a year it will be jammed for sure (3-4 days anyway). Im damn sure going soon after it opens.......

destingator

Lifetime Member
Jul 16, 2018
That is...too bad most on that photo are Apollo's games. Don't get me wrong, I went to every Apollo's home game and have a mini helmet of theirs in my office, but I'd rather see more UF plays. I know there are some there, just saying. BUT, not seeing many only makes me want to go more so I can see more.

You know, I think it's cool, but why the hell after 10 years at South Carolina and 12 years at Florida, would the Apollo's even be included?

BMF

Bad Mother....
Lifetime Member
Sep 8, 2014
Good write up on Spurrier's new place:

Spurrier's Gridiron Grille: Good Food, Memorabilia, Visors, Ball Plays ... and a Game Plan - Florida Gators

SpurrierSteve_210607_9925_TimCasey.jpg

Spurriers1.jpg

stephenPE

Lifetime Member
Jul 20, 2014
the front looks classy.......i may have to buy some new clothes to go. And transfer some money to my chckking acct so my debit card will not explode..............

gatormandan

Are we back yet?
Lifetime Member
Oct 15, 2014
I saw it from the interstate on my way to the V.A. last week. Wanted to go but pressed for time.

Users who are viewing this thread

Help Users

You haven't joined any rooms.