Bits & Pieces: Florida vs. Ole Miss

rogdochar

Founding Member
RIP
Lifetime Member
Jun 14, 2014
Founding Member
Coral is from California. So that's why his hair looks like it's recovering from wildfires.
As to the D, = "No-Pop" Warner or Bidenesque. I tell you our D made the hair on my legs stand up.
Want better run-blocking. All our RBs had averages above 6 ypc. That is very good.
Toney did well with determination.
We had a new TE (Whittemore) perform as a 3rd-down receiver. Bet he will get better.
Grimes needs to fire it up some.

Our defense needs a new DC and better recruits, meaner recruits.

Sec14Gator

Lifetime Member
Oct 8, 2017
I'm sure the coaches would like to redshirt him if they can.

Everyone gets a redshirt this year, regardless of how much they play.

NCAA gives blanket waiver to athletes, including football players, whether or not they play in 2020

That noted, I wouldn't hold your breath on seeing AR in meaningful game spots as Mullen is putting EJ in the games to keep him happy. It would be odd to also be creating a controversy/piss off EJ unless/until Mullen thinks AR has simply passed EJ. As we know from Mullen's loyalty history, he didn't play Trask over Franks or Dak over anyone at MSU until injury forced his hand. So, that scenario seems unlikely this year.

GatorBart

Founding Member
:bandit:
Lifetime Member
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member
@Ancient Reptile I went and looked it up, it was Pierce who pancaked the blitzer on the long pass to Pitts. It's a good thing that that play resulted in a TD because Grimes was wide open and would have scored as well had Trask thrown it to him instead.
In watching the highlights I was struck by how confident Trask was in making his throws. The TD to Grimes was particularly impressive as the DB had pretty good coverage and he put the ball in the perfect spot. This was also true on the last TDs of the two halves to Pitts. One was put where only Pitts could get it and the other took advantage of Pitts' athleticism. If this is what Trask is capable of week in and week out, this could be a really special offense this season.
Funny thing is that after Pierce knocked that dude on his back he helped him off the ground at about the same time Pitts was making the catch and delivering the stiff arm.

Last edited:

Jbossgator8

Founding Member
Lifetime Member
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member
What was the story on all those players that didn't play this past Saturday? Will they be back this week? I am assuming we could have multiple players out week to week due to injuries, suspensions, and/or Covid so week to week we would have very different lineups and starters.

Homer J

Founding Member
Lifetime Member
Jun 12, 2014
Founding Member
Couple of questions that maybe some of you can answer.
1) On an Ole Miss safety blitz, our RB stood the safety up and Trask completed a nice pass (maybe a Pitts TD). Which RB did that?
2) Trask's arm seemed stronger. Is it? Is that even possible? I have always felt that long, limber arms equal speed, i.e., Tebow was muscle bound. How might Trask have increased his arm strength?
3) Did our big, young DTs play much yesterday?
4) Is there any chance that his success with Trask and the new OC might change Mullins' philosophy?

That was Pierce - I just watched the highlight and noticed that block.

TheDouglas78

Founding Member
Lifetime Member
Jun 12, 2014
Founding Member

neteng

Fuga!
Lifetime Member
Oct 15, 2018
Hopefully we see big improvement from week 1 to week 2 wrt our defense. That game was like drinking a diet soda; it tastes great at first then the after taste hits. Things like poor tackling in week 1 is kinda bound to happen, especially when you factor in they didnt get to tackle a lot leading up to the game and no spring ball. So some of the crap is forgivable and expected to some degree (though to the degree we witnessed makes one nervous) but the fact that we got no pressure and our secondary is crap is a huge tell that things will not get much better.

KillerGator

Jul 19, 2020
Hopefully we see big improvement from week 1 to week 2 wrt our defense. That game was like drinking a diet soda; it tastes great at first then the after taste hits. Things like poor tackling in week 1 is kinda bound to happen, especially when you factor in they didnt get to tackle a lot leading up to the game and no spring ball. So some of the crap is forgivable and expected to some degree (though to the degree we witnessed makes one nervous) but the fact that we got no pressure and our secondary is crap is a huge tell that things will not get much better.
A lot of teams looked bad week 1, at least we won... now lets clean up the crap

Users who are viewing this thread

Help Users

You haven't joined any rooms.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    fishermb