Dooley & Andreu leaving the Gainesville Sun

lizardbreath

Nov 5, 2016
I haven't seen the board this happy to see someone go since McEstain got the old heave-ho. Now can Grantham please be next?

Last edited:

EuroGator

Founding Member
Voice of Reason
Lifetime Member
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member
Word on the street is he is starting a message board called “Gatorbait Chatter.”

Sounds intriguing. I may have to go check that out!

giphy.gif

divits

Founding Member
A Muffin of the Studly Variety
Lifetime Member
Jun 13, 2014
Founding Member
How will I know what to think about the football game I just watched without his and Robbie’s Mutt and Jeff, “No $h!t Sherlock“ post game analysis?

gator1946

Founding Member
Lifetime Member
Jun 10, 2014
Founding Member
I was going to post some Robbie update news, but I'm laughing too hard to do it.

ShelbyGator

Lifetime Member
Feb 15, 2016
Probably my comment was tongue in cheek. Is it bad that while I gave him hell, part of me feels bad for the guy. Sure seems like a cash strapped failing newspaper ushering him out the door. Hey Robbie you make less than Pat so you get to stay...for a while. Now get off your butt and do some work.
Yes it's bad. Dooley should have been put out to pasture long ago. But I will say that my anger at that idiot had me looking for alternatives and brought me here. Then the high entertainment level kept me.

Swamp Donkey

Founding Member
7-14 vs P5 Fire Stricklin First
Lifetime Member
Jun 9, 2014
Founding Member
Yes it's bad. Dooley should have been put out to pasture long ago. But I will say that my anger at that idiot had me looking for alternatives and brought me here. Then the high entertainment level kept me.
That is the way therapy sessions start.

Founding Member
Dazed and Confused
Lifetime Member
Jun 9, 2014
Founding Member
Now comes the interesting part. Finding someone who’s willing to fill the void while needing a roommate to afford the low salary.

Swamp Donkey

Founding Member
7-14 vs P5 Fire Stricklin First
Lifetime Member
Jun 9, 2014
Founding Member
Now comes the interesting part. Finding someone who’s willing to fill the void while needing a roommate to afford the low salary.
People think Im kidding when I say Gannett pays less than a garbageman salary.

t-gator

Founding Member
too sexy for my shirt
Lifetime Member
Jun 13, 2014
Founding Member
The short version is the website was being flakey. 78 created a thread where he posted the website of the bios of the top brass of the parent company. At that time, I happened to be reading the website of David Thorne. He would post side splitting email exchanges that he had with people. Here is in an example (be careful, this website can consume a lot of your time)
Yeah thats not what I was looking for at all.

Anyway, I posted a completely fake email exchange with one of the top brass. I was basically rambling on how the hamsters powering the wheels needed food.

Someone at the Sun saw it, thought it was real, and freaked out.

What happened next? I honestly cant remember. I think they took the site down for a day, or deleted that thread, warned all of us about some disruptive posters or so something like that.

Well, that only adds fuel to the fire. I immediately post another email exchange with the top brass and accused them of doing inappropriate things with those hamsters. The site was permanently shutdown within a minute of that post.

Allegedly.

:brad:
I hate you! That's some funny shcit

Founding Member
Dazed and Confused
Lifetime Member
Jun 9, 2014
Founding Member
Dooley in his FB announcement says, “I am not retiring but retiring from the paper,” adding that Andreu is leaving with him.

Does anyone buy into the motion that they decided to retire together? This sounds like a Sun house cleaning.

Users who are viewing this thread

Help Users

You haven't joined any rooms.