Kyle Trask/Pitts Appreciation Thread

GatorJ

Founding Member
Hopeful
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member
I've said this before. But Mullen is able to sell the idea of a star QB recruit sitting. And, these guys are buying in. Trask's development is helping with this. Kirby keeps losing his QBs because he sells them immediate playing time. When it doesn't happen, they leave. If Trask can get drafted in the 1st or second round, this will help Mullen sell his philosophy even more.

He’ll be a 1st rounder. His back shoulder throws and ball placement are elite.

his biggest issues are going to be those floaters. It seems that he sometimes gets under pressure and pushes the ball instead of firing it. Those will get picked off in the NFL.

But those are reps issues IMO. He just hasn’t played much.

Tunaboat

4th & 34
Lifetime Member
Nov 22, 2015
The Kyle-to-Kyle connection is lethal. Best weapon Gator Nation has seen - maybe since Reaves to Alvarez.

Ancient Reptile

Mar 4, 2015
He’ll be a 1st rounder. His back shoulder throws and ball placement are elite.

his biggest issues are going to be those floaters. It seems that he sometimes gets under pressure and pushes the ball instead of firing it. Those will get picked off in the NFL.

But those are reps issues IMO. He just hasn’t played much.
"...picked off in the NFL." My Dad said the same thing about Spurrier. He was right about Spurrier. In fact, all our best QBs have weak (non-elite) arms.

GatorJ

Founding Member
Hopeful
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member
"...picked off in the NFL." My Dad said the same thing about Spurrier. He was right about Spurrier. In fact, all our best QBs have weak (non-elite) arms.

I didn’t think he had the arm strength the last couple years. But he seems to have plenty of arm strength this year. It just seems to me that his biggest issue will be indecision (which again is an experience issue) - When he’s not quite sure where to go with the ball his indecisiveness causes him to not go through a complete throwing motion. And it looks like he pushes the ball. He’s probably had three or four times were he should’ve been picked.

Just throw it away.

TheDouglas78

Founding Member
Lifetime Member
Jun 12, 2014
Founding Member
I've said this before. But Mullen is able to sell the idea of a star QB recruit sitting. And, these guys are buying in. Trask's development is helping with this. Kirby keeps losing his QBs because he sells them immediate playing time. When it doesn't happen, they leave. If Trask can get drafted in the 1st or second round, this will help Mullen sell his philosophy even more.

In mocks I've seen this week (Nov 24th-Nov 30th), Trask has been as high as 23rd pick (5th quarterback taken) and as low as the middle of the 2nd round (7th quarterback taken). He has been called a less athletic Andrew Luck or a weaker armed Ben Rothlisberger.

The positives I've seen most often:
Maturity/Leadership (always top of the list)
Intelligence
Accuracy
Timing
Pre-snap reads and line calls

The issues I've seen most often:
indecisiveness
questionable or inconsistency mechanics
lacking arm strength (half his total incompletions are from deep out-routes (15+ yards) through the Kentucky game)
A third of his completions are on go-routes (also through the Kentucky game), which is a negative to a qb draft grade, but positive to the receivers draft grade

Users who are viewing this thread

Help Users

You haven't joined any rooms.

Birthdays

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    fishermb