Not open for further replies.

williston_gator

Founding Member
Twitter junkie
Lifetime Member
Jun 12, 2014
Founding Member
Halfway there.
@AdamSchefter: Jaguars and Doug Marrone parted ways this morning, per source. Jaguars now join the Jets, Lions, Falcons and Texans as current teams with HC openings.

williston_gator

Founding Member
Twitter junkie
Lifetime Member
Jun 12, 2014
Founding Member
@AdamSchefter: Jacksonville has more to offer than any team hiring a new HC and or GM. Jaguars have the No. 1 overall pick, 11 total picks, over $100 million in salary-cap space and strong ownership. NFL execs and coaches find the Jacksonville situation highly appealing.

oxrageous

Founding Member
It's Good to be King
Administrator
Jun 5, 2014
Founding Member
@AdamSchefter: Jacksonville has more to offer than any team hiring a new HC and or GM. Jaguars have the No. 1 overall pick, 11 total picks, over $100 million in salary-cap space and strong ownership. NFL execs and coaches find the Jacksonville situation highly appealing.
And fortunately, they speak English in London, so they won't have a learn a new language.

maheo30

WiLLLLLLLie! WiLLLLLLLie!
Lifetime Member
Jul 24, 2014
And fortunately, they speak English in London, so they won't have a learn a new language.

Youre-really-pissing-me-off-GIF.gif

NOLAGATOR

God uses the unlikely to accomplish the impossible
Lifetime Member
Aug 20, 2018
Why would he take this? He had a shot at Cleveland before and was not interested.

williston_gator

Founding Member
Twitter junkie
Lifetime Member
Jun 12, 2014
Founding Member
@BrentASJax: It's obvious and no surprise, that the extensive talk about Urban Meyer is coming from Meyer's camp. It doesn't mean the Jags are not interested and Shad says he has a relationship with Urban from Big 10, but no conversations about the HC job - yet. What's interesting to me on the Meyer front is this is the 2nd time in a month. Urban was interested in Texas job, starting to assemble staff and nothing happened. Makes you wonder if this is similar and makes you wonder if the Jags are as interested as it has been reported.

maheo30

WiLLLLLLLie! WiLLLLLLLie!
Lifetime Member
Jul 24, 2014
@BrentASJax: It's obvious and no surprise, that the extensive talk about Urban Meyer is coming from Meyer's camp. It doesn't mean the Jags are not interested and Shad says he has a relationship with Urban from Big 10, but no conversations about the HC job - yet. What's interesting to me on the Meyer front is this is the 2nd time in a month. Urban was interested in Texas job, starting to assemble staff and nothing happened. Makes you wonder if this is similar and makes you wonder if the Jags are as interested as it has been reported.

Jags giving Urban Liar the...

d20b01efe860e974c45017512c050330.gif

Founding Member
Dazed and Confused
Lifetime Member
Jun 9, 2014
Founding Member

He’s got a finite shelf life for coaching gigs and the in-between periods. He’s itching to get back in the game. It now comes down to fit and finish.

Let me float this. Suppose Mullen gets axed and the NFL turns up its nose at Meyer. And ... UF comes knocking with an attractive number.

I know, he’s burned out on the college game and you can’t go home and what in the hell are you smoking, 78? It’s a message board. It’s my civic duty to incite ludicrous discussion.

Towels 'N Sporks

We R Bad Cause Urban Cheated on Wife
May 19, 2016
He’s got a finite shelf life for coaching gigs and the in-between periods. He’s itching to get back in the game. It now comes down to fit and finish.

Let me float this. Suppose Mullen gets axed and the NFL turns up its nose at Meyer. And ... UF comes knocking with an attractive number.

I know, he’s burned out on the college game and you can’t go home and what in the hell are you smoking, 78? It’s a message board. It’s my civic duty to incite ludicrous discussion.

Everybody on the board has been floating this idea around in our heads because we are all masochists. You aren't supposed to say it out loud.

oxrageous

Founding Member
It's Good to be King
Administrator
Jun 5, 2014
Founding Member
I just don't see Meyer returning to the college game. I think it's either the NFL or nothing.

Founding Member
Dazed and Confused
Lifetime Member
Jun 9, 2014
Founding Member
I just don't see Meyer returning to the college game. I think it's either the NFL or nothing.

It’s sort of like weighing the odds of a reformed alcoholic taking another drink. Which is more compelling for Meyer, nothing or something? I’m actually serious with that question. He knows his window is closing.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Help Users

You haven't joined any rooms.