The Urban Meyer thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

neteng

Fuga!
Lifetime Member
Oct 15, 2018
Exactly!!

At the end of the day Urban didn’t develop quarterbacks and he didn’t develop offensive gameplans.

Urban was never a QB coach nor was he ever a coordinator so he was not able to adapt to anything on his own

CEO skills only

I think he did have influence on things. He was able to make good hires and coach the coaches on a unified plan. That is an important part that most teams with everything else (UGA) fail at. Herman is a good example as well.

While I think Mullen was an important part of our championship runs I also give credit to Meyer for letting Mullen be Mullen. I think Meyer was done in 2010, didn't care and was looking for a way out without destroying all the coaches he under him in the process.

Gatorraid81

Lifetime Member
Dec 4, 2016
So there's probably little chance that Urban will still be there when we play Texas in 2030?

SGG

Call me Ernie, or Big Ern
Lifetime Member
Sep 24, 2015
Urban may reach out to Mullen to be his OC there. I see Mullen leaving UF to be the OC under Meyer again in a heartbeat. Then we can finally focus on getting Matt Viator, the guy that's finally going to lead this team back to the title.
Better yet, we could settle Yelverton’s lawsuit by just hiring him to be the head football coach.

PastyStoole

Founding Member
Man, there's no boundary line to art. ~Bird Parker
Lifetime Member
Jun 12, 2014
Founding Member
In other news, Utban Meyer just quit again, citing health issues.
I'm glad you brought this up. When I think of all the championships Meyer brought us and all the hardware he loaded up in our trophy cases, it actually makes me mad because I hate the guy so much. I hate him to my core not just because he so obviously faked an ailment, got his family and numerous doctors and medical professionals at Shands to agree to participate in the ruse, (with no apparent motive), but also because he brought us so much glory. Your post reminds me that there are many Gator fans who don't deserve all that success.

Last edited:

Double Gator Dad

Founding Member
Lifetime Member
Jun 12, 2014
Founding Member
I think he did have influence on things. He was able to make good hires and coach the coaches on a unified plan. That is an important part that most teams with everything else (UGA) fail at. Herman is a good example as well.

While I think Mullen was an important part of our championship runs I also give credit to Meyer for letting Mullen be Mullen. I think Meyer was done in 2010, didn't care and was looking for a way out without destroying all the coaches he under him in the process.

I agree

What makes him successful is that he understands his strengths (overall administration) and delegates things to the highly competent people that he hires. Kinda like a successful CEO

lagator

Lifetime Member
Sep 9, 2014
I'm glad you brought this up. When I think of all the championships Meyer brought us and all the hardware he loaded up in our trophy cases, it actually makes me mad because I hate the guy so much. I hate him to my core not just because he so obviously faked an ailment, got his family and numerous doctors and medical professionals at Shands to agree to participate in the ruse, (with no apparent motive), but also because he brought us so much glory. Your post reminds me that there are many Gator fans who don't deserve all that success.
It wasn’t a ruse. He kept telling the doctors he had coronary artery chest pain and the doctors kept telling him it’s not angina, it’s your vagina.

divits

Founding Member
A Muffin of the Studly Variety
Lifetime Member
Jun 13, 2014
Founding Member
I look forward to 6 years from now hearing about how, on a recruiting trip as the head coach of his 5th dream job at Notre Dame, Urban tells a 5 star recruit, “You shouldn’t even think about going to Texas. That’s a broken program.”

o_O

Last edited:

oxrageous

Founding Member
It's Good to be King
Administrator
Jun 5, 2014
Founding Member
I look forward to 6 years from now hearing about how, on a recruiting trip as the head coach of his 5th dream job at Norte Dame, Urban tells a 5 star recruit, “You shouldn’t even think about going to Texas. That’s a broken program.”

o_O
After he's already won two NC's there, right? You can't leave that part out.

gardnerwebbgator

Founding Member
Aight Then
Lifetime Member
Jun 19, 2014
Founding Member
Yep, we don't play them until 2030 and 2031, however for Texas....

2021 - at Arkansas
2022 - Alabama
2023 - at Alabama
2024 - Michigan
2025 - at Ohio State
2026 - Ohio State
2027 - at Michigan
2028 - Georgia
2029 - at Georgia

If he does take that job, I predict an all time scalper price record in Austin in 2022 when Saban and Bammer roll into town. Game of the century material.

GatorInGeorgia

Lifetime Member
Aug 25, 2014
Texas would become immediate NC contenders. Immediate. The man is a magician.

He should demand at least 10 million a year.....and he'd get it.

I believe Texas would actual pay more than $10m. I can see him getting $12m per year.

Renard904

Voice of Reason
Lifetime Member
Oct 1, 2016
Well, Meyer DID actually agree to meet with them. This isn't just a fantasy.
Come on, Ox. You know how this works. They have to give the appearance of attempting to go after Urban. Tom Herman is still employed. They aren’t doing any public searching at the moment. Everything’s behind the scenes. They are leaking what they want to get out. Next you’ll start to hear names like Mullen and Cristobal. Everybody’s delusional in a coaching search until they settle on someone like Grantham.

oxrageous

Founding Member
It's Good to be King
Administrator
Jun 5, 2014
Founding Member
Come on, Ox. You know how this works. They have to give the appearance of attempting to go after Urban. Tom Herman is still employed. They aren’t doing any public searching at the moment. Everything’s behind the scenes. They are leaking what they want to get out. Next you’ll start to hear names like Mullen and Cristobal. Everybody’s delusional in a coaching search until they settle on someone like Grantham.
So you're saying that Urban Meyer did not meet with the Texas people? I just want you to be clear so you can look even more foolish later.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Help Users

You haven't joined any rooms.