The Urban Meyer thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

soflagator

Lifetime Member
Sep 4, 2014
I'd just like to remind people that about 1 of every 10 high schools in this country is named "Kennedy High". No one seems to care about the 5 girls a day he was nailing. When did infidelity become this unforgiveable sin in the corporate world? I don't have a dog in the fight and really couldn't care any less. I also don't condone his behavior and I'm proud of being a good husband that wouldn't do this. But beyond just being kind of a bad look, his issues and any firestorm should begin the moment he turns the key in the front door of his home, and end when he turns it back on his way out. We're teaching kids LGBTQ stuff in elementary school, but suddenly become a weird combination of Utah and Iran when a football coach is involved. I have no idea how this story keeps going. If Shelly is ok with it, then what's the difference? And if she isn't and he's living with Jeff Fisher inside of six months, also, what's the difference?

soflagator

Lifetime Member
Sep 4, 2014
Also, if potential infidelity in a hotel bar is now grounds for dismissal(possibly with cause), does anyone know where the team is staying in Baton Rouge next week. Asking for myself.

GatorJ

Founding Member
Hopeful
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member

I don’t get the post above.

Here’s the actual response if anybody cares:

I have addressed this matter with Urban. Specifics of our conversation will be held in confidence. What I will say is his conduct last weekend was inexcusable. I appreciate Urban's remorse, which I believe is sincere. Now, he must regain our trust and respect. That will require a personal commitment from Urban to everyone who supports, represents or plays for our team. I am confident he will deliver.

gator1946

Founding Member
Lifetime Member
Jun 10, 2014
Founding Member
It's getting worse. His post incident comments don't jive with what he's really said to the team or the owner. I really doubt if Kahn expects Urbs to deliver anything but ultimately his resignation or maybe a bout of esophageal spasm.

aka

Founding Member
I Deliver
Lifetime Member
Jun 22, 2014
Founding Member
243298853_3109457069334948_6264386369268959730_n.jpg

Founding Member
Dazed and Confused
Lifetime Member
Jun 9, 2014
Founding Member
I'd just like to remind people that about 1 of every 10 high schools in this country is named "Kennedy High". No one seems to care about the 5 girls a day he was nailing. When did infidelity become this unforgiveable sin in the corporate world? I don't have a dog in the fight and really couldn't care any less. I also don't condone his behavior and I'm proud of being a good husband that wouldn't do this. But beyond just being kind of a bad look, his issues and any firestorm should begin the moment he turns the key in the front door of his home, and end when he turns it back on his way out. We're teaching kids LGBTQ stuff in elementary school, but suddenly become a weird combination of Utah and Iran when a football coach is involved. I have no idea how this story keeps going. If Shelly is ok with it, then what's the difference? And if she isn't and he's living with Jeff Fisher inside of six months, also, what's the difference?

I don’t have a dog in this either. But you can’t divorce yourself from the fact that Meyer is a high-profile figure in a high-profile sport. Whether fair or not, that automatically puts him in a position to be judged for his off-the-field actions, which not only impact his image but the team’s as well. Hence why Kahn tried quickly to get out in front of it.

That Meyer got photographed with his hand practically up the chick’s rear end, regardless of her own actions, is also not going to help. Not at a time when public awareness and sentiment are already ramped up due to the #MeToo movement.

Does that make it right or even fair that the incident has gone viral? Neither. It makes it what it is, a world in which famous people’s indiscretions are only a thumb press away. Meyer of all people should know that.

Gatordiddy

Member in good standing
Lifetime Member
Jul 23, 2014
If Shelly is ok with it

...this is always the first thing that crosses my mind when something like this becomes public (see: Kennedy, Clinton, Freeze, Petrino, etc.)
What are the wives going to say when the aforementioned homeboy is standing in front of his significant other.
That's the core of the issue...loved to have been a fly on the wall

oxrageous

Founding Member
It's Good to be King
Administrator
Jun 5, 2014
Founding Member
That Meyer got photographed with his hand practically up the chick’s rear end, regardless of her own actions, is also not going to help. Not at a time when public awareness and sentiment are already ramped up due to the #MeToo movement.
You know, I always thought that when a girl WANTED you to put your hand up her rear end, it was okay. Wasn't assault, wasn't harassment - it was hanky panky.

This girl would have let him go a lot farther than that.

And another thing about the stupid METOO movement - they only care about it if you are affiliated with a particular political party. Everyone knows it. If you aren't, they look the other way just like it's 1956.

Founding Member
Dazed and Confused
Lifetime Member
Jun 9, 2014
Founding Member
Meyer is a flipping rock star in Columbus. He can wave his finger at any coed and immediately get laid. Sorry to have to say it, but the chick who did the lap dance is what she is, a Meyer groupie. She got what she wanted, her 15 minutes of fame, and now he’s going to pay the price.

Founding Member
Dazed and Confused
Lifetime Member
Jun 9, 2014
Founding Member
And 78, it isn't clear at all what he's doing with his hand.

Does it really matter? People are gonna think what they want. It’s at least in the zip code.

gator1946

Founding Member
Lifetime Member
Jun 10, 2014
Founding Member
Presidential candidates haven't figure it out. Presidents haven't figured it out. And Urbs hasn't figured it out.

High profile means you watch your ass not her ass.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Help Users

You haven't joined any rooms.