Any slack or Teams users

gingerlover

Lifetime Member
Sep 20, 2014
Never used slack but hate Teams. Our corporate bunch only use Teams because it’s free and they are cheap. I prefer GoToMeeting or Zoom over those.

Gatordiddy

Member in good standing
Lifetime Member
Jul 23, 2014
We use BlueJeans or Google Meet - and since we’re a Linux based company- no Microsoft tools at all.

gingerlover

Lifetime Member
Sep 20, 2014
We use BlueJeans or Google Meet - and since we’re a Linux based company- no Microsoft tools at all.

I have a few colleagues in other territories that use BlueJeans. What is its cost and when screen sharing does it automatically keep up with you changing screens? The one thing I hat about Zoom is how much a pain it is to switch what I’m sharing, but some of my clients are only able to do zoom.

Gatordiddy

Member in good standing
Lifetime Member
Jul 23, 2014
I have a few colleagues in other territories that use BlueJeans. What is its cost and when screen sharing does it automatically keep up with you changing screens? The one thing I hat about Zoom is how much a pain it is to switch what I’m sharing, but some of my clients are only able to do zoom.

both BlueJeans and Google Meet show you a list of Apps you have open - you just click on the App you want to share. And the cool thing is - if you choose a browser as the App you want to share, it gives you a list of your open tabs.
Google Meet also has a feature that allows you to go to a browser tab that you’re currently not sharing, and it gives you a prompt at the top “Share this tab instead?”
So Google Meet I’m finding to be the easiest so far.

ThreatMatrix

Lifetime Member
Aug 28, 2014
Haven't used Teams. We use Slack. I have an employee working from home because of the faux-demic. Works well as an instant chat app.

BNAG8R

Founding Member
I don’t care
Jun 10, 2014
Founding Member
We use both slack and Teams extensively. Slack is more our corporate “social” area, where quick questions or channels on topics exist.

Teams is used more for business and project-centric stuff, where you have files and project data and other stuff you collaborate on with a “team”.

We used to use Skype before migrating to Teams, and we use zoom extensively for video-con (teams is still a little weak there). At first I didn’t like Teams but after having a 1 hour training with my direct reports, I think it has a lot of promise, especially in our new remote world. It’s a great tool when you have globally distributed teams.

SF acquiring slack will probably ruin it.

TLB

Just chillin'
Lifetime Member
Jan 6, 2015
Used google meet the past 2.5y, grew to love its simplicity and universality (easy to join via cell phone, even with webcast). Google hangouts you could join multiple times, so you could use another screen to verify what you are presenting is being seen.

New company is using Skype, it sucks azz. Too many connection issues, and if you are presenter you have to ask 'can you see my screen' every damn time. If you try to join a second connection, the first one gets kicked (this may be an effect of the corporate IDs being used and thereby expected to be 1:1 connections for users).

^^^ All for collaboration, but the older company was using G-suite office apps for everything.

= = = = = == =

New company is also using Miro for collaboration. 3rd party web based allows live time editing by everyone with permissions. Seems pretty slick, and very flexible for organizing and managing scrum cycles on projects, or when they rolled out a new org structure. However, it lacks in some more standard ways (resource planning, gantt style project management or long range planning). I like it, and expect it has a LOT more power than we are seeing so far, but it is also something I've never seen at any other company so I'm not sure how transferable it will be either.

Users who are viewing this thread

Help Users

You haven't joined any rooms.

Birthdays

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    fishermb