Annual coaching carousel

FireFoley

Lifetime Member
Nov 19, 2014
@FootballScoop: Offensive shake up at Baylor Offensive shake up at Baylor

Well knock me over with a feather. I had no idea that Larry Fedora was still around. Not sure what kind of offensive talent Baylor had as Matt Ruhle was a close to the vest coach at Baylor and they played discipline football, so it was probably culture shock for the returning players with Fedora. Be that as it may, Fedora still ranks in my book as the worst head coach in college football I have ever seen at Game Management. Cousin Eddie is terrible but Larry Fedora was the King.

Swamp Donkey

Founding Member
7-14 vs P5 Fire Stricklin First
Lifetime Member
Jun 9, 2014
Founding Member
A clown? Not even remotely.

I kinda liked ULM because of the Duck Dynasty family. Not anymore.
Are you still bitter about Monroe nearly ending Chimp's Life Championship run? or was that Lafayette?

BMF

Bad Mother....
Lifetime Member
Sep 8, 2014
@Adam_Hunsucker: ULM is expected to announce Terry Bowden as its new football coach today.

This is ridiculous! I just looked him up; he's 64 years old (fat AF), got fired two years ago at Akron after posted a 35-52 record over 7 seasons (best year was 8-5 and another year 7-7, all other seasons a losing record). I guess they figure he's not going to leave for another job? They should have just hired the best HS coach in Louisiana.

williston_gator

Founding Member
Twitter junkie
Lifetime Member
Jun 12, 2014
Founding Member
@Brett_McMurphy: New England Patriots QB coach Jedd Fisch will be Arizona’s new coach replacing Kevin Sumlin, sources told @Stadium. 1st reported by @AdamSchefter

FireFoley

Lifetime Member
Nov 19, 2014
@Brett_McMurphy: New England Patriots QB coach Jedd Fisch will be Arizona’s new coach replacing Kevin Sumlin, sources told @Stadium. 1st reported by @AdamSchefter

I just saw that. Both college and NFL background. I believe this is Ded Fish's first HC job. Best of luck.

Swamp Donkey

Founding Member
Lifetime Member
Jun 9, 2014
Founding Member
Jedd Fish or even Dead Fish sounds like the perfect hippie name.

Last edited:

neteng

Fuga!
Lifetime Member
Oct 15, 2018

Well, that is a bit of a myopic perspective. There is a huge difference between Coach O and Coach Mullen with regards to how hot their seat is currently. Mullen is feeling no heat what-so-ever. Plus, we still have a bowl game and they don't. Holding out hope that we will see some changes after the bowl game though not holding my breath.

Swamp Donkey

Founding Member
Lifetime Member
Jun 9, 2014
Founding Member
Yeah, I agree. Beating Ugly w a walkon QB bought Mullen at least two more Halloween disasters.

Founding Member
Dazed and Confused
Lifetime Member
Jun 9, 2014
Founding Member
This is ridiculous! I just looked him up; he's 64 years old (fat AF), got fired two years ago at Akron after posted a 35-52 record over 7 seasons (best year was 8-5 and another year 7-7, all other seasons a losing record). I guess they figure he's not going to leave for another job? They should have just hired the best HS coach in Louisiana.

:lol: I think what you mean to say is, between getting tossed from Auburn, a decade away from coaching, gaining 300 pounds and then bouncing around from North Alabama to Akron to an unpaid intern position at Clemson, he’s had a bit of an unorthodox career.

neteng

Fuga!
Lifetime Member
Oct 15, 2018

There has been a lot of rumbling from Louisiana about giving a lot of credit for the NC to the offensive coordinator...er...passing game coordinator*. There is a large and vocal group in purple and gold that believe this season is proof of that notion. I think there is a case to be made that Coach O isn't getting a free pass from a big chunk of tiger nation. Whether that translates to Booster and UAA seat warming, I don't know. You could be right that he is getting a free pass from the ones that matter.

I think there is a growing number of gator pumpers that are starting to see there are serious issues under Mullen's leadership. The success he has had on the O side has blinded some from seeing it but I think that number is growing. However, I don't think Strickland and Fuchs are probably anywhere near warming up Coach Mullen's seat.

Personally, Im hoping Coach Mullen is smart enough to start doing what Coach O is doing. I dont know how much credit Coach O gets for the NC, but I do know that he has a ring and even though I have no clue what the he!! he is saying I do know that for some reason I agree with him.

*correction-donkey 23dec2020 434pm

Last edited:

Swamp Donkey

Founding Member
Lifetime Member
Jun 9, 2014
Founding Member
There has been a lot of rumbling from Louisiana about giving a lot of credit for the NC to the offensive coordinator..
:lmao2: Ensminger. Hell no, he is pile of shyt ball control guy who got fired innthe early 90s and disappeared for three decades in the car sales business.

The PASSING GAME COORDINATOR Brady won a NC.

Users who are viewing this thread

Help Users

You haven't joined any rooms.