Annual coaching carousel

Ironhead

Defender of freedom.
Lifetime Member
Aug 18, 2018
There’s something you don’t see every day. A former Super Bowl coach intrigued at the idea of coaching Vanderbilt.
Indeed
However.
As a Jaguars fan from the 90’s and early 2000’s, Jeff Fisher still scares the crap out of me.
At one time, dude was a good football coach at the highest level.

Not saying he could or would do much at Vandy, but , history.

gingerlover

Lifetime Member
Sep 20, 2014
Indeed
However.
As a Jaguars fan from the 90’s and early 2000’s, Jeff Fisher still scares the crap out of me.
At one time, dude was a good football coach at the highest level.

Not saying he could or would do much at Vandy, but , history.

That was a long time ago. The best Vandy can hope for is the Franklin years, but not with a coach that “wants to stay close to home”. Vandy is a stepping stone job like Franklin used it for. Win 6 two year in a row and get a better gig.

BMF

Bad Mother....
Lifetime Member
Sep 8, 2014
There’s something you don’t see every day. A former Super Bowl coach intrigued at the idea of coaching Vanderbilt.

I'm surprised Vandy isn't going full on "woke" and making the most odd ball minority, out of nowhere hire you could imagine vs. "an old white guy".

FireFoley

Lifetime Member
Nov 19, 2014
I'm surprised Vandy isn't going full on "woke" and making the most odd ball minority, out of nowhere hire you could imagine vs. "an old white guy".

True, but the old white guy comes cheaper, so they won;t have to answer questions as to why the black woman they hired as head football coach is not making 6.5 MIL a year! :lmao2:

gardnerwebbgator

Founding Member
Aight Then
Lifetime Member
Jun 19, 2014
Founding Member

200.gif

NovaGator

Dec 10, 2015
Poor Vandy! Probably the only team that every other SEC team circles on their calendar every
year as a sure win. Really would be a better fit in the ACC, but would never take the pay cut.

Users who are viewing this thread

Help Users

You haven't joined any rooms.

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    A2xGator