Mullen backs Grantham: Players are the problem

Does Grantham Survive Bama and Remain Gator DC?

• Mullen is clueless...Grantham is here as long as Mullen

Votes: 41 31.1%
  • Mullen is so stubborn...He'd rather get fired than face the fact he picked a loser

Votes: 38 28.8%
  • Grantham is fired after the Bama game

Votes: 19 14.4%
  • Some other clueless team hires Grantham

Votes: 17 12.9%
  • Faux Meat Ham Sandwich

Votes: 17 12.9%

• Total voters

maheo30

WiLLLLLLLie! WiLLLLLLLie!
Lifetime Member
Jul 24, 2014

On a scale of 1 to stupid.

200.gif

Founding Member
Dazed and Confused
Lifetime Member
Jun 9, 2014
Founding Member
If the coaching staff isn’t willing to embrace accountability, how can you expect the players to?

Durty South Swamp

Founding Member
doodley doodley doo!
Lifetime Member
Jun 19, 2014
Founding Member
Told y'all he wasnt going anywhere. Couple of our dienhard pumpers basically guaranteed it was already a done deal. As usual, they just talk out their asses while nothing changes. They'll be the first ones to defend this pile of crap once the off-season starts and he's still employed.

Swamp Donkey

Founding Member
7-14 vs P5 Fire Stricklin First
Lifetime Member
Jun 9, 2014
Founding Member
Does this really shock anyone? Mullen has no intention of replacing Grantham and the administration isn't going to force him.
They are both gone on Oct 31. Probably 2022 though. Im sure managing to skid pass the worst Ugaly team in a decade playing a walkon QB has bought him two years (and 9 mil).

Stricklin wouldnt know championship football from suspension camber. Hopefully UAA has to fire him first.

Last edited:

oxrageous

Founding Member
It's Good to be King
Administrator
Jun 5, 2014
Founding Member
If Mullen was on a hot seat he'd jettison Grantham, because that's the last-ditch effort towards a HC keeping his job. However, his seat is so cold he doesn't even have to consider ditching his underperforming assistant buddies yet.

I see Grantham getting fired next season, then Mullen finally fired in 2022.

Founding Member
Dazed and Confused
Lifetime Member
Jun 9, 2014
Founding Member
Theybare both gone on Oct 31. Probably 2022 though.

Stricklin wouldnt know championship football from suspension camber. Hopefully UAA has to fire him first.

The bullpen cart has slightly negative camber. We had a talk about this. He insisted he knew what he was doing.

RiverRat

Glass half full
Lifetime Member
Nov 1, 2017
Great plan.

Except Grantham has been recruiting garbage too.
Garbage may be a bit strong. If Choken Dog could recruit a "Higher Caliber Athlete" he would become a better Coach.
Either way its his fault , choose your poison "can't coach" , "can't recruit"

soflagator

Lifetime Member
Sep 4, 2014
Don't like it, and still hope this is just coach speak. But if there's a silver lining it's that after year 4 will be too late to try and make that change. Really, even after this season, would be very late given Grantham's reception from the outset. So if somehow we can improve into at least a functioning unit(like it was in ('18-'19), maybe we're ok. If the other scenario happens, which is much more likely, then I think Law is correct that Mullen's probably safe in '21 but coaching for his job in '22, new DC or not.

As I've said many times, I can't imagine having to tell my family that we're moving(again) and losing the best job our family likely will ever get, all because I couldn't bring myself to fire someone who no one likes, and who has interviewed for other jobs in each of his first two offseasons here. There's loyalty and then there's career suicide.

lagator

Lifetime Member
Sep 9, 2014
I like him even more.

I thought this was an essential characteristic of a good football coach.
Obviously grabbing a player by the throat and hitting him is way over the top, but he was caught up in the moment and actually gave a sh!t about what his players were doing on the field. He has suffered damage to his career and reputation but now has paid his dues it seems to me, and he is probably the least likely to repeat this behavior so I think he deserves a chance.

Compare this to Mullenz who allowed Marco to trot right back out there like nothing happened despite his action basically throwing away the season. Nads had the nerve to act like he didn't even know Marco threw a shoe and acted surprised anyone would ask about it or think it was any kind of big deal.

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Help Users

You haven't joined any rooms.