Get Ready for Mullen Ball

itsgr82bag8r

Founding Member
Tell your mom I said hi
Lifetime Member
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member
He hasnt won dick. Exceptmayne you, who are definitely a dumb dick.

Again, no other coach has had total shyt in Tallahassee and an SEC East that is full of MAC level teams.

You put Bowden or Jimbo in Tally and Fat Fil at Tinerc and fuchtard Vacationboy is 7-5.
show-me-on-this-doll-where-the-fastest-uf-coach-to-reach-29-wins-hurt-you.jpg

Swamp Donkey

Founding Member
7-14 vs P5 Fire Stricklin First
Lifetime Member
Jun 9, 2014
Founding Member
I do like boobies.

If Dan was such a great coach, they wouldnt publicly discussing firing him.

By publicly I mean allowing their parrots to say it.

Dan Mullen is fired on Nov 1, 2021 or Nov 1 2022, with the same number of championships as Butters and Chimp.

Gator By Marriage

A convert to Gatorism
Lifetime Member
Dec 31, 2018
:lmao2: :lmao2: :lmao2:

Cousin Eddie? The guy who lost to South Alabama?

:lmao2: :lmao2: :lmao2:

LSU's 3-5 scout team?

Kintucky? Mizzu?
I wasn’t claiming anything about CDM. I was disputing your comment about Chimp. I get it though; someone effectively challenges your narrative and you change the subject. You usually do it more deftly. Hit the rum early tonight, eh?

GatorJB

Founding Member
Lifetime Member
Jun 12, 2014
Founding Member
Fastest head coach to reach 29 wins in school history, including Steven Orr Spurrier.

What we have here is a bunch of people upset he's not winning how you want him to win. Suck it up buttercups!

:grin:

So you have no qualms with him fielding the worst defense statistically in the last hundred years, never finishing in the top 7 in recruiting, or finishing with three straight losses, two of which were epic embarrassments?

He managed to lose 4 games last year with the top passing offense in the country and one of the most productive offenses in school history. I think we just want to win and not watch our team embarrass themselves multiple times a year.

itsgr82bag8r

Founding Member
Tell your mom I said hi
Lifetime Member
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member
So you have no qualms with him fielding the worst defense statistically in the last hundred years, never finishing in the top 7 in recruiting, or finishing with three straight losses, two of which were epic embarrassments?

He managed to lose 4 games last year with the top passing offense in the country and one of the most productive offenses in school history. I think we just want to win and not watch our team embarrass themselves multiple times a year.

I said none of that. You, on the other hand, clearly expressed that you’re willing to completely ignore statistical fact in favor of feelings.

rogdochar

Founding Member
RIP
Lifetime Member
Jun 14, 2014
Founding Member
What we have here is a bunch of people upset he's not winning how you want him to win. Suck it up buttercups!

The coach evaluations by fans are always put there by the coach.
He's not winning how we want him to in that he's putting us at risk of losing by maintaining a loser's defense where no game is sure.
What improving adjustments has Mullen made? Our football program is making rattling noises and Mullen needs to put his wrench to it to tighten things up.

oxrageous

Founding Member
It's Good to be King
Administrator
Jun 5, 2014
Founding Member
I said none of that. You, on the other hand, clearly expressed that you’re willing to completely ignore statistical fact in favor of feelings.
"Fastest to 29 wins" may be a statistical fact, but acting like it tells the entire story is ludicrous - which you know.

Towels 'N Sporks

We R Bad Cause Urban Cheated on Wife
May 19, 2016

Wins are nice but we all know that a win/loss record is not what determines success at UF.

Do you predict we will win any championships soon?

How long does Mullen get without one before he is let go?

My prediction is that he isn't going to win one soon and that he is fired somewhere between years 5-7 depending on how recruiting is looking after year 5 and how many times we lose to georgia in the next couple of years.

So I'm guessing he has 2-4 more years unless next season is a complete disaster and he starts saying weird sh*t like mccelwain was

itsgr82bag8r

Founding Member
Tell your mom I said hi
Lifetime Member
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member
"Fastest to 29 wins" may be a statistical fact, but acting like it tells the entire story is ludicrous - which you know.

:grin:

I only stated a simple and incontrovertible fact, wins over time. That’s all. Everything else being preached by everyone that replied to my post is a creation of their own feelings, or more specifically a group thought, that I accurately targeted with my post. It got the predictable reaction.

It served to prove my second comment, that feelings are overriding fact with a huge segment of the board fan base, many whom are participating in this thread. One in particular who routinely disparaged one of the most prolific passers in Gator history.

I think the purpose for making my post is clear enough for those who can step back, take a breath and stop the endless death spiral of negativity about anything and everything they don’t agree with. We ALL would love a return to the top of the heap, especially those of us who’ve been fans long before the SOS decade and the short Meyer tenure. Silly comments made trying to claim some imaginary absolute discussion victory by suggesting some fans don’t want us to regain “elite” status are stupid and simpleton blather to hide behind. It reveals shortsightedness and being blinded by the tree in front of you instead of stepping back and seeing the entire forest.

It’s even more clear than ever, Gator fans chose to suffer victory as much as defeat. Many will find fault in everything simply to complain. A vast majority of them are products of the fan base spoilage given birth by the success of the SOS years. Success is built on a firm base. Mullen is a building block laid on the rubble left from the Butters regime. SOS had that base to build from when he came home. If it’s to happen again Mullen has to make tougher decisions, we all agree. He’s not perfect. However, people need to stop trying to discount the massive improvement Mullen has been and the turnaround he’s made in the direction of the program. It’s ignorant to even try to imply such.

Last edited:

GatorJB

Founding Member
Lifetime Member
Jun 12, 2014
Founding Member
Here's an undeniable fact for you. Both Spurrier and Meyer won SEC championships in their 2nd and 4th years. Do you believe Mullen will win his first this year (his fourth year)?

If yes, please explain why and be sure to highlight how you think he will overcome recruiting deficiencies, poor LB depth and coaching, and Todd Grantham as DC.

If no, then please explain why your fastest to 29 stat has any relevance.

neteng

Fuga!
Lifetime Member
Oct 15, 2018
I do like boobies.

If Dan was such a great coach, they wouldnt publicly discussing firing him.

By publicly I mean allowing their parrots to say it.

Dan Mullen is fired on Nov 1, 2021 or Nov 1 2022, with the same number of championships as Butters and Chimp.

Wrong. Are you not counting Peach Bowl Champions, Cotton Bowl Participation Champs and Transfer Portal Champs?

Oh yeah, forgot to add ... lose to Bama by less than a TD Champs and Fastest Coach to 29 wins Champs.

itsgr82bag8r

Founding Member
Tell your mom I said hi
Lifetime Member
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member
Here's an undeniable fact for you. Both Spurrier and Meyer won SEC championships in their 2nd and 4th years. Do you believe Mullen will win his first this year (his fourth year)?

If yes, please explain why and be sure to highlight how you think he will overcome recruiting deficiencies, poor LB depth and coaching, and Todd Grantham as DC.

If no, then please explain why your fastest to 29 stat has any relevance.

Did you really just ask why FACT is relevant? I get that it’s inconvenient for you, but irrelevant? Really?

itsgr82bag8r

Founding Member
Tell your mom I said hi
Lifetime Member
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member
Oh boy! They’re coming out from under the woodpile now!

:lol:

soflagator

Lifetime Member
Sep 4, 2014
He was out scored 3 times. He didn’t have his offense at all for the 4th. End of facts.

I'm generally a Mullen supporter and think the criticisms here are often way over the top. I've talked at length about how we tend to look back on the 90s with all the negatives taken out, but seemingly do the opposite with the current era. So as I said, I tend to give him a lot more credit than some on this board.

Having said that, the problem as I see it, is two-fold. One, as @ltraz said, he's surrounded himself with bad coaches, and one who even if he'd turned out to be good, was literally hated by much of Gator Nation going in. That's a big roll of the dice with a 6mil salary at stake, and not surprisingly, it has backfired. Secondly, his recruiting efforts have been dismal. Notice I'm not strictly judging final production, as I think the admin and program is doing him no favors in that regard. But it's the lack of intensity--the exact opposite of what he preached day one--that bothers me. I still think he's likely the best option for the time being, and hope he can take the next step. The last thing I want is Stricklin being in charge of another search. But those things I can't defend.

Users who are viewing this thread

Help Users

You haven't joined any rooms.