Kyle Pitts runs a 4.46; Jerry Jones "infatuated" with him

soflagator

Lifetime Member
Sep 4, 2014
With the Eagles recent history in drafting pass catchers... i'm expecting them to draft someone who couldn't catch a cold.

Oh, we're definitely back to the old days of our signature "no no, they'll be expecting that" approach. There's always a better idea. So if somehow KP fell into our laps, we'd trade him for two more 6h round picks and grab a raw
TE from the MAC instead.

I was trying to have a little fun this morning. That was short-lived. Thanks to the both of you.

TheDouglas78

Founding Member
Lifetime Member
Jun 12, 2014
Founding Member
Oh, we're definitely back to the old days of our signature "no no, they'll be expecting that" approach. There's always a better idea. So if somehow KP fell into our laps, we'd trade him for two more 6h round picks and grab a raw
TE from the MAC instead.

I was trying to have a little fun this morning. That was short-lived. Thanks to the both of you.

For KP sake I hope he is drafted by the a team as high as the Eagles. But I do not want him drafted by the Eagles... When it comes to the Eagles and recent pass catching draftees. I think of the Philly news where that dude caught the baby out of the burning building just to roast Agular (spelling) on the news.

Ancient Reptile

Mar 4, 2015
Keep us yes, he kept up in the SEC Championship game, but KP's size was too much for him.

Opening TD of Q3 against OleMiss(2 min mark) is the problem. There’s a reason he’s called a matchup nightmare. The guys who can run with him can’t stay with him physically.

Thanks, guys, but that was kind of my point. Specifically, hard for a LB to keep up. The Missouri LB (Nick?) said to be a possible first round selection barely got under 4 6.

AlexDaGator

Founding Member
The Hammer of Thor
Lifetime Member
Jun 19, 2014
Founding Member
Yall looking for ghosts where they aint. My point was John was a big guy like Pitts and could run that fast.

:facepalm:

C'mon Coach.

Kyle Pitts is 6'6" 240lbs.

John Carlos was tall for a sprinter but he wasn't 6'6" and Pitts outweighs him by over 50lbs. Wikipedia says Carlos was 6'4" 187lbs. That's downright scrawny for an NFL WR.

Calvin Johnson (Megatron) was 6'5" and 237lbs. That's your analogue if you want one. Megatron ran a 4.35, the only player 6'5" or taller to ever run a sub 4.4 40. He should have been the number 1 overall pick, but the Raiders took their QB of the future in JaMarcus Russell :facepalm:

Pitts is a little taller and a little heavier than Megatron, but I'm pretty sure Pitts' advantage grows when it comes to wingspan.

If you're looking for a tall sprinter, how could you forget Usain Bolt? 6'5" 207lbs.

Alex.

soflagator

Lifetime Member
Sep 4, 2014
:facepalm:

C'mon Coach.

Kyle Pitts is 6'6" 240lbs.

John Carlos was tall for a sprinter but he wasn't 6'6" and Pitts outweighs him by over 50lbs. Wikipedia says Carlos was 6'4" 187lbs. That's downright scrawny for an NFL WR.

Calvin Johnson (Megatron) was 6'5" and 237lbs. That's your analogue if you want one. Megatron ran a 4.35, the only player 6'5" or taller to ever run a sub 4.4 40. He should have been the number 1 overall pick, but the Raiders took their QB of the future in JaMarcus Russell :facepalm:

Pitts is a little taller and a little heavier than Megatron, but I'm pretty sure Pitts' advantage grows when it comes to wingspan.

If you're looking for a tall sprinter, how could you forget Usain Bolt? 6'5" 207lbs.

Alex.

Can he get back to you? He's currently staring at a fence and accusing passing squirrels of being anti-Emmitt.

AlexDaGator

Founding Member
The Hammer of Thor
Lifetime Member
Jun 19, 2014
Founding Member
Tua's soon-to-be new BFF is gonna look real good in the aqua & orange. :proud:

(warning, Dolphins thread hijack below)

As an old school Dolphins fan, I was going to correct you that the team colors were aqua and coral but it looks like the official colors were changed at some point. :dunno: Anyway.

I agree Pitts would be a fantastic weapon for Tua (still not sold on Tua though). Since the LT they got from Tennessee didn't pan out, the Phins might be looking at Penei Sewell. Plug him in at LT, move the current LT to RT (more natural position for him) and the entire OL is improved.

I don't think Wilson, the QB from BYU, will be there at 3 (either the Jets take him at 2 or they trade to somebody who takes him at 2) but if he is, the Phins need to take him. A stud QB is easily worth 2 high first round picks. Look at what Detroit got for Stafford and the prices people are discussing for Deshaun Watson and Russell Wilson. Taking Zach Wilson is hedging your bet. If Wilson or Tua proves to be a stud, you can probably still get something for the other guy. The chances of hitting on a high first round QB are 50-50 and the Phins NEED a stud under center.

Assuming Wilson is gone at 2, Phins either take Sewell (the "can't miss" LT) or they go receiver. Most mocks have Jamarr Chase penciled in (Devonta Smith was great in college but at 175lbs, no way I take a risk on him that high, he's waaaay too scrawny). I'm not sure Chase is a better pick at 3 than Pitts, especially if the 40 time is accurate. Either one helps the Offense a lot.

If the Phins go Sewell at 3, then they need to find a burner with the 18th pick (reunite Tua with Waddle?) or maybe go pass rusher at 18 and get a burner in the second round. They have possession receivers right now, they need somebody who can stretch the defense.

Alex.

TheDouglas78

Founding Member
Lifetime Member
Jun 12, 2014
Founding Member

As an old school Dolphins fan, I was going to correct you that the team colors were aqua and coral but it looks like the official colors were changed at some point. :dunno: Anyway.

I agree Pitts would be a fantastic weapon for Tua (still not sold on Tua though). Since the LT they got from Tennessee didn't pan out, the Phins might be looking at Penei Sewell. Plug him in at LT, move the current LT to RT (more natural position for him) and the entire OL is improved.

I don't think Wilson, the QB from BYU, will be there at 3 (either the Jets take him at 2 or they trade to somebody who takes him at 2) but if he is, the Phins need to take him. A stud QB is easily worth 2 high first round picks. Look at what Detroit got for Stafford and the prices people are discussing for Deshaun Watson and Russell Wilson. Taking Zach Wilson is hedging your bet. If Wilson or Tua proves to be a stud, you can probably still get something for the other guy. The chances of hitting on a high first round QB are 50-50 and the Phins NEED a stud under center.

Assuming Wilson is gone at 2, Phins either take Sewell (the "can't miss" LT) or they go receiver. Most mocks have Jamarr Chase penciled in (Devonta Smith was great in college but at 175lbs, no way I take a risk on him that high, he's waaaay too scrawny). I'm not sure Chase is a better pick at 3 than Pitts, especially if the 40 time is accurate. Either one helps the Offense a lot.

If the Phins go Sewell at 3, then they need to find a burner with the 18th pick (reunite Tua with Waddle?) or maybe go pass rusher at 18 and get a burner in the second round. They have possession receivers right now, they need somebody who can stretch the defense.

Alex.

I believe they will go Tackle. They need Oline help, especially after shipping out their best olinemen before the season last year (why they have the 3rd pick).

G. Gordon Gator

Intrepid Chauvinist
Lifetime Member
Aug 14, 2018

Alex.
We're not taking a QB at #3 after taking one at #5 last year. You can forget that. I'm not necessarily sold on Tua either but the jury is still out, it's not like he was clearly a bust. And I sure hope we don't go FULL DOLFINZ and pick an O-lineman in the first round again. We always seem to find the "can't miss" OL who turns out to be marginal at best. Or whose talents end up getting wasted (see Jake Long) because he had no offensive weapons to protect in the first place.

And that's the issue we need to address. Kyle Pitts is the kind of one-of-a-kind offensive playmaker that the Dolphins have been missing since...well, Dan Marino. Or maybe Ricky Williams. Let's put it this way - with the possible exception of Jarvis Landry, I'm pretty sure Ricky was the last Dolphins player who got drafted in the first two rounds, if not first three, or maybe even four, of anybody's fantasy football league. Am I forgetting anyone?

G. Gordon Gator

Intrepid Chauvinist
Lifetime Member
Aug 14, 2018
Opening TD of Q3 against OleMiss(2 min mark) is the problem. There’s a reason he’s called a matchup nightmare. The guys who can run with him can’t stay with him physically.
...and the ones who can match him physically can't run with him. Exactly. Dude's a unicorn. Gotta have him! I haven't been this convinced of who the Dolphins need to take with their first pick since Brady Quinn. ;)

GatorJ

Founding Member
Hopeful
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member

Alex.

I think Chase and Smith are superb wide receivers. But you can find really good wide receivers. Pitts will change the entire offense.

They should trade the pick and drop back to about number 10 or so. Penei won’t be there for them anyway. Then grab Pitts with that pick. If Penei is there at 3, grab him, and then trade up from 18 to 10 and grab Pitts.

What I don’t know, is if Tua uses the TE well. Yes – I know he plays a WR/TE hybrid, but if it doesn’t fit Tua’s skill set, it might be better to draft Chase. The Dolphins don’t have an elite WR. They would have one overnight with Chase.

Users who are viewing this thread

Help Users

You haven't joined any rooms.