Gator Basketball Scottie Lewis Declares

Marine1

Semper Fidelis
Dec 20, 2015
April fools or not, he thanked his HS coach and Gators. Someone is noticeably absent from his marks of appreciation.

Google that HS coach and look at the 2018 article. There is a reason why I am often negative about the AAU circuit and HS teams that load up on these players. I think it is possible there are underlying reasons why unprepared players often declare too early.

t-gator

Founding Member
too sexy for my shirt
Lifetime Member
Jun 13, 2014
Founding Member
You know what pisses me off? Some dick had the audacity to so say " enjoy Europe bud" to this kid on Twitter. What kind of grown man tweets shcit like that to a 20 year old kid? Like there's any shame in making 6 figures playing overseas. Social media is the worst

rogdochar

Founding Member
RIP
Lifetime Member
Jun 14, 2014
Founding Member

With so many in the portal, there's no doubt we will sign a bunch of transfers. The question is, what kind? Will they be quality players or just roster filler?

Picture yourself a "next-year Gator".? How long have you been looking forward to playing for the University of Florida? playing for Mike White? How long have you familiarized yourself & liked White's style? How glad are you to meet & mix with these new "Gator" teammates and these "non-Gator teammates? = this is the team that Mike White will land for GatorNation? Finally, we get an energetic, non-pouting head coach to lead his boys forward...? White's dynamism will enhance this hodge-podge into a top-winning SEC team. Florida will not have another wasted year.

deuce

Founding Member
"Cry 'Havoc!', and let slip the dogs of war."
Lifetime Member
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member
I just don't have much interest anymore.

Being exposed to constant negativity can have that affect.

Double Gator Dad

Founding Member
Lifetime Member
Jun 12, 2014
Founding Member
You know what pisses me off? Some dick had the audacity to so say " enjoy Europe bud" to this kid on Twitter. What kind of grown man tweets shcit like that to a 20 year old kid? Like there's any shame in making 6 figures playing overseas. Social media is the worst

I wish I shared your disgust but I don’t.
Today’s players have a lot to say and view themselves as beacons of society that have voices.
That fan was simply using their voice.

Marine1

Semper Fidelis
Dec 20, 2015
It’s re
Today’s players have a lot to say and view themselves as beacons of society that have voices.

it’s simply how society has been influenced by social media. Everyone has a voice and it is anonymous so ridiculing others has become popular.

rogdochar

Founding Member
RIP
Lifetime Member
Jun 14, 2014
Founding Member
It’s simply how society has been influenced by social media. Everyone has a voice and it is anonymous so ridiculing others has become popular.

True M1 ... become a popular impulse, offtimes regretted but rarely retracted.

Marine1

Semper Fidelis
Dec 20, 2015

It is very interesting that lawyers, accountants, plumbers, clerks, heavy equipment operators, CEO’s, grocery baggers, etc have lots to say on social media on any and all topics.....but nearly all are in agreement that athletes should shut the fvvck up.

No....everyone should have a voice....the idiots will always expose themselves as such even as they remain anonymous.

Double Gator Dad

Founding Member
Lifetime Member
Jun 12, 2014
Founding Member
It is very interesting that lawyers, accountants, plumbers, clerks, heavy equipment operators, CEO’s, grocery baggers, etc have lots to say on social media on any and all topics.....but nearly all are in agreement that athletes should shut the fvvck up.

No....everyone should have a voice....the idiots will always expose themselves as such even as they remain anonymous.

I never suggested that he should be quiet, I was simply pointing out that everyone has the right to voice their opinion.
One does not have to agree with someone to respect their right to speak. I don’t agree with what Scottie Lewis had to say last fall nor do I agree with the snarky shots being taken at him. I am only pointing out that he that speaks out must be prepared for a response.
I would hope that you agree.

BMF

Bad Mother....
Lifetime Member
Sep 8, 2014

I guess it's better than using all walk-ons. White should probably go camp out at a few JUCO's and see if any of them can play 2 or 3 minutes/game next year. I'm hoping for a losing season, expediting his exit.

Marine1

Semper Fidelis
Dec 20, 2015
I never suggested that he should be quiet, I was simply pointing out that everyone has the right to voice their opinion.
One does not have to agree with someone to respect their right to speak. I don’t agree with what Scottie Lewis had to say last fall nor do I agree with the snarky shots being taken at him. I am only pointing out that he that speaks out must be prepared for a response.
I would hope that you agree.

Yes I do agree and I was speaking generally and did not mean to suggest these were your beliefs.

My main point is that people tend to speak far more aggressively online than they would face to face. NOT necessarily because they fear doing so in person....but because they simply are better than that. I’m getting older but I hope we are still raising kids that way.

ChiefGator

A Chief and a Gator, Master of the Ignore list!!!!
Lifetime Member
Nov 9, 2015
My bad - but we don't make FTs in the tight games :confused:. I stand almost corrected ... yeah but their form was bad and they shot way too fast .. and they weren't careful not to drip sweat onto the ball ... and when the ref gave'em the ball, they didn't concernedly inquire about his family.

Every free throw in the game is the same, it counts one point. Now I get that some feel more pressure under some circumstances this is something to train out of them. After all a made free throw early in the game might make later ones irrelevant.

Users who are viewing this thread

Help Users

You haven't joined any rooms.