Gator Basketball Stricklin: “Mike White will be here a long time”

cover2

Founding Member
I've grown old
Lifetime Member
Jun 12, 2014
Founding Member
That’s great. Question is, who’s he going to coach? Sounds like a lot of the roster may be bailing in one way or another. I guess there’s always recruits from overseas (even Billy got a guy from Israel or somewhere). Maybe student body tryouts? I really wish Stricklin would share with us exactly what upside he is seeing.

t-gator

Founding Member
too sexy for my shirt
Lifetime Member
Jun 13, 2014
Founding Member
Meanwhile texas snags Chris Beard . Honestly didn't think he could be had. Wtf are we doing?

MertzJay26

Founding Member
Lifetime Member
Jun 18, 2014
Founding Member
Good. No need to waste money on a buyout for basketball, it all needs to go towards football.

Figured I’d say it before Donkey does

NVGator

Founding Member
Lifetime Member
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member
oh well... it was fun for a while.

oxrageous

Founding Member
It's Good to be King
Administrator
Jun 5, 2014
Founding Member
This is embarrassing, but sadly what we’ve come to expect. Stricklin is one of the worst AD hires the school could have made. We would have been better off hiring Phil Fulmer at the position.

There is ZERO reason to watch anytime soon.

rogdochar

Founding Member
RIP
Lifetime Member
Jun 14, 2014
Founding Member
Was there such dizzying euphoria over hiring Mullen from MSU that made Strickland a shoo-in success? IDK?

NOLAGATOR

God uses the unlikely to accomplish the impossible
Lifetime Member
Aug 20, 2018
As long as FUCHS is here...major sports will be secondary.

Hey but don't stress...UF is Elite and your kids will get ALMOST IVY jobs with ALMOST IVY pay

But then again I've got a Corn Dog MS...literally

aka

Founding Member
I Deliver
Lifetime Member
Jun 22, 2014
Founding Member
giphy.gif

Towels 'N Sporks

We R Bad Cause Urban Cheated on Wife
May 19, 2016
I think we are overreacting a bit and that white will be gone after next year. I'll get my pitchfork out with the rest of you if he's not. It does piss me off that Stricklin said this though.

MidwestChomp

Fun was the goal and we hit the bullseye
Lifetime Member
Sep 15, 2014
While I didn't think White would get fired this year, did Stricklin really mentioned patience like Gonzaga had with Few and Baylor had with Drew and then the ole Billy D patience. This argument is so stupid

Mark Few....is at tiny Gonzaga! He's one of the best coaches in history of college basketball and is at freakin Gonzaga. He also continues to improve himself and his coaching style.

Scott Drew? Come on....he inherited an absolute mess of a situation and 5 years later he had them competitive again. His teams play good fundamental basketball year in and year out.

And stop this madness with Mike White and Billy D comparison. I don't know what the heck White is doing, but you could see improvements being made by Billy. I mentioned this before but he made some great assistant coach hires to move the program forward. If not for Shyatt we don't win those championships with the stress on D, while playing good offense. Who has White hired? What the Fuchs has he done. Seriously.

lizardbreath

Nov 5, 2016
This is embarrassing, but sadly what we’ve come to expect. Stricklin is one of the worst AD hires the school could have made. We would have been better off hiring Phil Fulmer at the position.

There is ZERO reason to watch anytime soon.
Following up the worst FB AD in school history with the worst all-sports AD in school history is quite an accomplishment. A bizarro world slam dunk of sorts?

OIP.jpg

Users who are viewing this thread

Help Users

You haven't joined any rooms.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    fishermb