3:00 Presser Link?

Founding Member
Dazed and Confused
Lifetime Member
Jun 9, 2014
Founding Member
Insightful answers to the Newbauer questions. Also, can someone block Buddy Martin from attending these?

FireFoley

Lifetime Member
Nov 19, 2014
Strichnine looked like he knows his job is coming to an end soon. And with good reason. He fvkking blows!

gator1946

Founding Member
Lifetime Member
Jun 10, 2014
Founding Member
Basically we learned nothing from that presser other than confirmation that Mullen is fired, and will get paid in full.

Did you expect more? Oh and he did wake up this morning with the bright...too late...idea that it was time.

revgator

Founding Member
Lifetime Member
Jun 19, 2014
Founding Member
He kept his cards close to his chest. He kept saying sustained level of success. How could one possible evaluate that without ruling out up and comers

G. Gordon Gator

Intrepid Chauvinist
Lifetime Member
Aug 14, 2018
I heard Mel Tucker's name but didn't catch the reference the reporter was making, it was in the context of asking how much money we have to offer. Which of course he didn't answer.

Founding Member
Dazed and Confused
Lifetime Member
Jun 9, 2014
Founding Member
He kept his cards close to his chest. He kept saying sustained level of success. How could one possible evaluate that without ruling out up and comers

Four years ago he went to great lengths to describe the offensive mindset he sought. He wouldn’t even hint at the characteristics he’ll consider now other than the comment about the “little things” that did in Mullen. Discipline, or lack thereof, would rank high there.

Joegator96

Lifetime Member
Nov 5, 2019
I heard Mel Tucker's name but didn't catch the reference the reporter was making, it was in the context of asking how much money we have to offer. Which of course he didn't answer.
that was the reference but the answer I heard paraphrased is the administration know the price of poker and they will pay to play

G. Gordon Gator

Intrepid Chauvinist
Lifetime Member
Aug 14, 2018
It's a BS Strawman, anyway. No fan is out there thinking we should win championships every year, or even every other year.

If thinking we should win a championship every year is wrong I don't want to be right.

scarecrow-nodding.gif

gator1946

Founding Member
Lifetime Member
Jun 10, 2014
Founding Member
Stricklin is so FOS.

Well he's kinda FOS. I'd be drunk if I'd had a shot every time he inserted kinda. High level aggravates me too. But that's now coach speak, and I'm old and not adaptable to change in the lingo. Other than the fact that he's FOS, we all knew that already, what would you have had him kinda of say while we get to a "high level". Annnnnnnnnnnnnd reeling off our number of SEC and national championships unrelated to football while we were talking about football kinda ticked me off too.

Last edited:

AnObfuscator

Lifetime Member
Nov 20, 2017
apparently he doesn't spend much time on Gator message boards LOL

Spurrier only won 1 national title in 12 years, did he underperform?

Unless by "championship" we mean SEC not national, in which case I would agree that winning the SEC every other year or so is a reasonable expectation given our recruiting footprint.

Gator4Life

Known as A Member.
Lifetime Member
Jun 15, 2018
I thought it was still very interesting that he wouldn't throw Diaper Dan under the bus no matter how hard a few reporters tried to get him to slap old Danny boy around!! I'm not sure how much faith we should put in Stricklin or the higher ups to find our next new coach! Atleast cuz Eddie WON'T be on our sideline next year

jdh5484

Founding Member
Just Beat UGa
Lifetime Member
Jun 30, 2014
Founding Member
Well he's kinda FOS. I'd be drunk if I'd had a shot every time he inserted kinda. High level aggravates me too. But that's now coach speak, and I'm old and not adaptable to change in the lingo. Other than the fact that he's FOS, we all knew that already, what would you have had him kinda of say while we get to a "high level". Annnnnnnnnnnnnd reeling off our number of SEC and national championships unrelated to football while we were talking about football kinda ticked me off too.
The "high level" is what ticked me off.Thats a meaningless term. If he had said "Compete for the SEC championship on a consistent basis" that would have satisfied me. And beat the leghumpers EVERY YEAR. :)

Swamp Donkey

Founding Member
7-14 vs P5 Fire Stricklin First
Lifetime Member
Jun 9, 2014
Founding Member
The reasonable expectation for a head coach at Florida is, "a high level of success for a sustained period of time." Championships? Repeats, "a high level of success."
yeah, exactly.

Swamp Donkey

Founding Member
7-14 vs P5 Fire Stricklin First
Lifetime Member
Jun 9, 2014
Founding Member
The "high level" is what ticked me off.Thats a meaningless term. If he had said "Compete for the SEC championship on a consistent basis" that would have satisfied me. And beat the leghumpers EVERY YEAR. :)
Not me. Butters and Mullen think they competed for the SEC championship.

Users who are viewing this thread

Help Users

You haven't joined any rooms.

Birthdays

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    fishermb