3:00 Presser Link?

Joegator96

Lifetime Member
Nov 5, 2019
Spurrier only won 1 national title in 12 years, did he underperform?

Unless by "championship" we mean SEC not national, in which case I would agree that winning the SEC every other year or so is a reasonable expectation given our recruiting footprint.

In my mind competing for the SEC title makes you relevant on the National stage. We should contend for the SECE every year and using Spurriers stellar record as the benchmark I believe most would be satisfied with that, not all would though.

jdh5484

Founding Member
Just Beat UGa
Lifetime Member
Jun 30, 2014
Founding Member
Not me. Butters and Mullen think they competed for the SEC championship.
Competing means being competitive against ALL levels of competition in the ENTIRE SEC... on a consistent basis. They both failed that test. Because one thinks making PB&J sandwiches is a metaphor for life and the other thinks thumb-wrestling is a competitive sport just goes to show they are, ahem, special.

jdh5484

Founding Member
Just Beat UGa
Lifetime Member
Jun 30, 2014
Founding Member
In my mind competing for the SEC title makes you relevant on the National stage. We should contend for the SECE every year and using Spurriers stellar record as the benchmark I believe most would be satisfied with that, not all would though.
Contend for the SECC every year and you're in the play-off discussion, in the top recruit class discussion and in the top facilities discussion.

Swamp Donkey

Founding Member
7-14 vs P5 Fire Stricklin First
Lifetime Member
Jun 9, 2014
Founding Member
Competing means being competitive against ALL levels of competition in the ENTIRE SEC... on a consistent basis. They both failed that test. Because one thinks making PB&J sandwiches is a metaphor for life and the other thinks thumb-wrestling is a competitive sport just goes to show they are, ahem, special.
Good Lord we hired two freaks.

jdh5484

Founding Member
Just Beat UGa
Lifetime Member
Jun 30, 2014
Founding Member
Good Lord we hired two freaks.
giphy.gif

AnObfuscator

Lifetime Member
Nov 20, 2017

I would agree that we should be competing for top in the SEC every year, and win consistently.

Silverback Gator

Lifetime Member
Aug 1, 2018
I would agree that we should be competing for top in the SEC every year, and win consistently.
I do not know what the right answer is. I know we should not be eliminated from Atlanta before we play georgia. That seems obvious and the least we should expect. Mullen was not playing to win.

I'm not sure mullen even built a back office anywhere near what bama and georgia have done. If you are not at least emulating the best you are going to lose to the best, always.

Users who are viewing this thread

Help Users

You haven't joined any rooms.

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    A2xGator