#3 Florida vs #5 LSU Gymnastics tonight at 9pm

no1g8r

Bringing Reason to the dumb masses
Lifetime Member
Oct 23, 2017
Tonight at 9pm Eastern on SECN, the #3 Gators visit the #5 LSU Tigers in a dual meet that pits SEC #1 vs SEC #2 as two of the nations top 5 gymnastics teams go head-to-head

Dunder

Dec 31, 2014
Tonight at 9pm Eastern on SECN, the #3 Gators visit the #5 LSU Tigers in a dual meet that pits SEC #1 vs SEC #2 as two of the nations top 5 gymnastics teams go head-to-head
I don't think these freshman are ready to head into an environment like LSU & pull out a victory. And the judges always favor the home team anyway.

soflagator

Lifetime Member
Sep 4, 2014
Hopefully one of our girls gets a perfect 10, sticks the landing to seal the win, and then punts the chalk-ball into the stands.

no1g8r

Lifetime Member
Oct 23, 2017
I don't think these freshman are ready to head into an environment like LSU & pull out a victory. And the judges always favor the home team anyway.

It is their first away meet of the year, but UF will open on bars. UF is #1 in the country on bars, so that might help mitigate the jitters that come from the first away meet of the year.

UF's "average" is almost a full point above LSU's average at this early point in the year. I watched both UF and LSU last week, and UF is much closer to mid-season form than LSU, despite the fact that LSU has one more meet under their belt than UF.

The reality is that head-to-head wins don't matter as much towards a national championship than the scores do. Even if LSU manages to beat the Gators, as long as the gymnastics are good and the scores are high, it will still be a positive for the Gators.

It should be a fun meet to watch.

g8r.tom

Lifetime Member
Nov 17, 2017
2018GatorGymnasticsTeam_Close_180103_3714_Select_Jim_Burgess.jpg

no1g8r

Lifetime Member
Oct 23, 2017
Florida wins! 197.475 - 197.425 over LSU in a meet that came down to the final gymnast on the final event for the deciding score.

This marked the first home loss for LSU in 34 meets, since 2012.

Several LSU gymnasts scored career highs, but it wasn’t enough to overcome the razor sharp Gators.

The Gators trailed by .075 going into the last rotation, with the always gut-wrencing beam to tackle in order to pull out the win. They delivered 4 scores at 9.9 or higher, capped by Rachel Gowey’s meet-high 9.925.

While the all-around award went to Sarah Finnegan of LSU with a 39.70, Florida freshman Trinity Thomas followed in 2nd place with a 39.65 on the strength of an exceptional 9.95 on floor.

All in all a great meet for the Gators, enough to likely keep them in the top 3 for another week.

Go Gators!

Ocalaman

Mar 7, 2018
The visiting team always finishes on the beam, which to me is the most difficult of all to score big. And yet this young team of Gators won it during the last rotation. Both teams are excellent, but what composure in front of 12,000+ LSU fans!!!

rogdochar

Founding Member
RIP
Lifetime Member
Jun 14, 2014
Founding Member
The visiting team always finishes on the beam, which to me is the most difficult of all to score big. And yet this young team of Gators won it during the last rotation. Both teams are excellent, but what composure in front of 12,000+ LSU fans!!!

Won 'cause we have such a balanced team. Go Gators #1 is within reach.

Users who are viewing this thread

Help Users

You haven't joined any rooms.