Recruiting 3 Star DB/ATH Aaron Robinson commits

t-gator

Founding Member
too sexy for my shirt
Lifetime Member
Jun 13, 2014
Founding Member
It's pretty sad that after striking out with every top qb , our top target is leaning towards Houston over us. You would think a career qb coach would be able to land a qb. That's my biggest concern.

LagoonGator68

Founding Member
mostly peaceful protester
Lifetime Member
Jun 12, 2014
Founding Member
t-gator;n232404 said:
It's pretty sad that after striking out with every top qb , our top target is leaning towards Houston over us. You would think a career qb coach would be able to land a qb. That's my biggest concern.

something aint quite right, I don't know if we're being too haughty or what, but something is going on.

S

skyflake

Founding Member
Founding Member
Perhaps reality is finally sinking in. Florida is NOT an upper tier program in the SEC. McElwain, the Pillsbury Dough Boy, is not impressing anyone on the recruiting trail. The evidence is clear, UF is getting waxed in recruiting this year. The only saving grace is that UF will get some top receivers because there are so many of them and the big dog, FSU, doesn't need any and will only take someone like Craig-Myers. Some are holding on to the fantasy that the blue-chippers are awaiting the magical transformation of Florida's offense in the Fall. Guess what, it's not coaching, it's the lack of talent, especially at the skill positions. The most important one, quarterback, is going to be manned by a guy who can't throw the ball well, Harris, or a guy who hasn't played a down, Grier, who couldn't beat out the guy who can't throw. The top back, Kelvin Taylor, is a dog that isn't even an average back. Robinson is an All-American talent at wide receiver, but is inconsistent and needs someone who can throw the ball.
Foley chose to be cheap again when hiring a new head coach with his hire of a nobody like McElwain. So UF is getting what it paid for, a second stringer trying to compete in the big leagues, who's getting his ass handed to him by the big boys at schools like FSU and Georgia. It's not a question of when UF gets back to Atlanta, it's a question of how long before the latest "Foley Special" lasts before he is fired. Welcome to the real world of getting what you pay for.

soflagator

Lifetime Member
Sep 4, 2014
LagoonGator68;n232410 said:
something aint quite right, I don't know if we're being too haughty or what, but something is going on.

If you go back and look at some of the Pros/Cons articles during the beginning stages of our coaching search, they typically pointed to JM's lack of ties to the SE and Florida and had questions about his ability to recruit. I really thought his resume of guys like Julio Jones, IMark Ingram and Trent Richardson would do wonders on the recruiting trail. But apparently some of those concerns were valid. I don't think it means he won't ever be a lights-out recruiter. I just think he's going to have to prove it on the field a lot more than some other coaches. It doesn't help that we allowed the State to become completely locked down by our biggest rival and lost ground in GA as well. He's got a lot of work cut out for him and we're going to have to be patient in that area. Hopefully we make a big splash on the field and that shifts things back our way a bit.

GatorBart

Founding Member
:bandit:
Lifetime Member
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member

We have a RFR QB who is supposed to kill it for the next few years - try selling early PT to any stud QB recruit when you have that situation. It's got to be difficult.

LagoonGator68

Founding Member
Lifetime Member
Jun 12, 2014
Founding Member
soflagator;n232423 said:
If you go back and look at some of the Pros/Cons articles during the beginning stages of our coaching search, they typically pointed to JM's lack of ties to the SE and Florida and had questions about his ability to recruit. I really thought his resume of guys like Julio Jones, IMark Ingram and Trent Richardson would do wonders on the recruiting trail. But apparently some of those concerns were valid. I don't think it means he won't ever be a lights-out recruiter. I just think he's going to have to prove it on the field a lot more than some other coaches. It doesn't help that we allowed the State to become completely locked down by our biggest rival and lost ground in GA as well. He's got a lot of work cut out for him and we're going to have to be patient in that area. Hopefully we make a big splash on the field and that shifts things back our way a bit.

I can just imagine the negative recruiting going on about our zip point chit O line.

LagoonGator68

Founding Member
Lifetime Member
Jun 12, 2014
Founding Member
GatorBart;n232425 said:
We have a RFR QB who is supposed to kill it for the next few years - try selling early PT to any stud QB recruit when you have that situation. It's got to be difficult.

Who hasn't played a down...

WobbleGator

Founding Member
Chatterbox Mod
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member
T REX;n232427 said:
Still won't help us in recruiting

Make sure you let the recruiting gods know you are sacrificing yourself for the betterment of UF. That should help then.

GatorBart

Founding Member
:bandit:
Lifetime Member
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member
LagoonGator68;n232429 said:
Who hasn't played a down...

That's kind of my point - he could be our QB for the next 4 years.

LagoonGator68

Founding Member
Lifetime Member
Jun 12, 2014
Founding Member
WobbleGator;n232431 said:
Make sure you let the recruiting gods know you are sacrificing yourself for the betterment of UF. That should help then.

I got to have 71 more virgins

LagoonGator68

Founding Member
Lifetime Member
Jun 12, 2014
Founding Member
GatorBart;n232433 said:
That's kind of my point - he could be our QB for the next 4 years.

He could also be a bust or get injured or both.

MJMGator

Founding Member
Slightly amused
Lifetime Member
Jun 10, 2014
Founding Member

WTF is Foley waiting on?!? He needs to fire Mac now and get someone in that can have the #1 recruiting class on June 9th damnit!

Marianna-FL_Gator

#GangGang
Lifetime Member
Aug 1, 2014
JUCO OT Quinn Mettermeier said he enjoyed his visit to UF and will make a decision soon. I believe him leaving campus without committing might not be good for us. It's out of us and OU for his sevices.

soflagator

Lifetime Member
Sep 4, 2014
LagoonGator68;n232426 said:
I can just imagine the negative recruiting going on about our zip point chit O line.

I'm sure it's bad. We really needed a big name splash as a hire, but I just don't think there was one available this go around. So we'll have to be patient with the steady approach of someone who at least can coach up what we do have. We've already tried it with the guys who can recruit but struggle as coaches and it clearly didn't work. Hopefully this will.

T REX

Founding Member
Jun 24, 2014
Founding Member
MJMGator;n232445 said:
WTF is Foley waiting on?!? He needs to fire Mac now and get someone in that can have the #1 recruiting class on June 9th damnit!

I did chuckle. Not to devolve the thread but this is a result of letting the puss in the muschamp wound fester a year too long. Assuming that the BS of firing a coach too soon is slightly true(it's not)....which is worse - letting a garbage coach ruin your brand for an extra year or deal with the consequences of firing a coach a year early at one of the best coaching jobs in the universe....

So which is worse?

soflagator

Lifetime Member
Sep 4, 2014
T REX;n232471 said:
I did chuckle. Not to devolve the thread but this is a result of letting the puss in the muschamp wound fester a year too long. Assuming that the BS of firing a coach too soon is slightly true(it's not)....which is worse - letting a garbage coach ruin your brand for an extra year or deal with the consequences of firing a coach a year early at one of the best coaching jobs in the universe....

So which is worse?

Pretty obvious.

Ray Finkle

Fallen Mod
Lifetime Member
Jul 28, 2014
LagoonGator68;n232310 said:
That's what you always say. :lol:
Its close to what I always say :lol: Usually I say let the season partially play out and/or wait until the all american games, but I'm pretty sure Mac will have some additions you be pleased with by the end of the month

LagoonGator68

Founding Member
Lifetime Member
Jun 12, 2014
Founding Member
T REX;n232471 said:

So which is worse?

Deep down Foley knew what was very likely going to ultimately happen. 95% of Gator Nation knew.

That's history.

The first full Mac class is NOW! Before fall practice starts. Athletes and classes are MADE in the off-season.

Users who are viewing this thread

Help Users

You haven't joined any rooms.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    A2xGator