300-pound Kerwin Bell named USF OC

divits

Founding Member
A Muffin of the Studly Variety
Lifetime Member
Jun 13, 2014
Founding Member
Every time a virgin graduates from UF a brick falls off Century Tower.

It's the safest building on campus.

That joke was in existence long before Bob Hope ever uttered it. I heard it when I was in high school in the mid 70s.

Hope was awful. Corn pone and boring humor and he had a bit of an attitude. I remember being disappointed because when he first came he was the biggest act that had ever been at gator growl. I think he came back two more times for TV shows And they were just as bad.

FireFoley

Lifetime Member
Nov 19, 2014
images

Bait'n Gator

Go away..... bait'n
Lifetime Member
Mar 14, 2015
It was before I was born but some of you more seasoned fckers may remember the story but I just heard it for the first time over the weekend at a family get together. Evidently Kerwin's family didn't have the money to send him to Florida. So there was a group of dairy farmers in the area who all got together and paid Kerwin's way, I'm guessing until he got on scholarship. Among the group was my grandfather and his brother. Their both dead and gone now so I don't really know the specifics but I thought that was pretty cool.

Also I can assure you if either one of them were alive today they'd also call him a fat ass.

deuce

Founding Member
"Cry 'Havoc!', and let slip the dogs of war."
Lifetime Member
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member
Kerwin never says no to BBQ!

Ocalaman

Mar 7, 2018
I'm glad to see Kerwin finally making some real money. He's always seemed a down to earth, honest, good guy. Hard not to pull for him to succeed. And I don't care about his weight. The guy knows offensive football.

Thick&ThinG8r

Lifetime Member
Aug 21, 2014
My sister's stood in a line the length of Florida field to get Kerwins autograph, while I had a 20 minute one on one conversation with a freshman named Emmitt Smith. Oddly by the end of the season their love for kerwin had faded, while my man crush for emmitt has lasted over thirty years and is still going strong.:lol:

Swamp Queen

Founding Member
Mrs. Sasquatch
BANNED
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member
My sister's stood in a line the length of Florida field to get Kerwins autograph, while I had a 20 minute one on one conversation with a freshman named Emmitt Smith. Oddly by the end of the season their love for kerwin had faded, while my man crush for emmitt has lasted over thirty years and is still going strong.:lol:
I have an old t-shirt from an Orange & Blue game with both of their signatures on it. Emmitt was there as a high school senior.

fischerwood

Wake me when we fix this mess
Sep 5, 2014
Bell’s first game as a Gator was in the old “Sombrero” - Tampa Stadium vs. scUM. That was ESPN’s first live college football broadcast. Great game, Kerwin was amazing in a close loss to the defending NCs. I was there.
Yeah, I was also...some guy named Testaverde I think messed up our comeback.

PastyStoole

Founding Member
Man, there's no boundary line to art. ~Bird Parker
Lifetime Member
Jun 12, 2014
Founding Member
Kerwin Bell holds the highest passer rating in the entire history of the NFL. All you guys can do is make fun his ever-ballooning weight problem, his twin-fisted and horrifyingly obscene compulsion toward consuming greasy chicken wings, and his grotesquely bloated physique. I'm ashamed to be on this board.

Screen Shot 2019-01-11 at 12.10.24 PM.png

TheDouglas78

Founding Member
Lifetime Member
Jun 12, 2014
Founding Member
Kerwin Bell holds the highest passer rating in the entire history of the NFL. All you guys can do is make fun his ever-ballooning weight problem, his twin-fisted and horrifyingly obscene compulsion toward consuming greasy chicken wings, and his grotesquely bloated physique. I'm ashamed to be on this board.

That one game and really one drive with the Colts I remember watching live on ESPN.

NVAGATOR86

Lifetime Member
Nov 10, 2017
My favorite "Kool" Bell game was the 1986 18-17 comeback win against Auburn. One of the greatest wins almost nobody outside of Florida Field saw since we were still on NCAA probation, and no live broadcasts allowed. I was supposed to go to the game but I had a project that had to be completed, and had to work that Saturday. The ironic deal was that I worked for a large Cable TV company in SFL. but had to listen to the game on the radio. I turned it off when we went down 17-0, but for some reason turned it back on right as the 4th Q started. Bell had a gimpy knee and did not start. He led a 4th Q comeback and ran in the winning 2 point conversion to stun the 5th ranked Tigers coached by old Pat "cry" Dye. I yelled so loud that the manager working in the call center almost called EMS. Bell was a winner and I wish him the best.

ChiefGator

A Chief and a Gator, Master of the Ignore list!!!!
Lifetime Member
Nov 9, 2015
Great news and perhaps with a team with a workout facility he could lose some of that weight. Amazing to be a pro QB and OC at the same time, it is Canada but they play some good football.

NOLAGATOR

God uses the unlikely to accomplish the impossible
Lifetime Member
Aug 20, 2018
I hope that Trask graduate transfers to USF. He has the talent to be in the NFL some day. Kerwin is a great QB coach and OC.

Wouldn't that be ironic?

I think Kerwin brings back the Fun to South Florida...young people will again know the name... who knows were this goes.

Users who are viewing this thread

Help Users

You haven't joined any rooms.