300-pound Kerwin Bell named USF OC

5-Star Finger

Apex predator of the political forum biome
Lifetime Member
Nov 16, 2017
sarcasm only takes you so far..........;)

If it ain't broke don't fix it. Rants from old men about rants from younger men aside, I do agree with you that Bell was a great Gator who might well have been remembered with fourth statue outside the stadium had he played in a different era. His '85 season was arguably better than Chuck Long who almost beat out Bo Jackson for the Heisman that year.

SeabeeGator

Lifetime Member
Jan 2, 2018
I figured it would cause some discord........Ox calls it finger wagging............ Its really called perspective and calling out the elephant in the deep recesses of the brain where the future aint so bright in terms of appearance and/or health
I’ve gotten hotter as I’ve aged.

Theologator

Enchanter
Lifetime Member
Aug 11, 2015
I figured it would cause some discord........Ox calls it finger wagging............ Its really called perspective and calling out the elephant in the deep recesses of the brain where the future aint so bright in terms of appearance and/or health

I have to watch a tendency to get all philosophical, the wise older (57) guy. But I’ve got all my hair and you have to get really close to see the gray.

But, I’m 50lbs heavier than my best weight (175). I’m committed to knocking 1/2 that off by spring. It creeps up and sticks.

One thing I admire about Mullen: he has all this “relentless effort” workload yet knocks out a 5-mile run regularly and seems to have life in pretty good balance with his family.

oxrageous

Founding Member
It's Good to be King
Administrator
Jun 5, 2014
Founding Member
Does Kerwin really weigh 300?

No. Goodness when will people stop believing everything Ox posts on this board :lol:
Bell is 6'3", and you can see his girth in these pictures. If he isn't 300, he's extremely close, and I'm not saying that to be a jerk, just stating a fact.

I think he really is 300 pounds. Hence, the thread title is just stating reality, not hate.

Also, several people were offended with my "hardware" question about his time at UF, but no one bothered to answer the question.

CGgater

Gainesville Native
Lifetime Member
Jul 30, 2014
Also, several people were offended with my "hardware" question about his time at UF, but no one bothered to answer the question.

Ummm, yes I did.

Edit: I guess I should’ve addressed the quantity in question. If I recall correctly, 2 SEC Titles, 1 stolen and 1 blocked by the hypocrite from athens. It wasn’t just him, but he led the campaign.

Oh, and if you wanna use the bamuh/voles standard for counting MNCs, I think the NYT ranked us #1 at the end of the ‘85 season.

Last edited:

grengadgy

Founding Member
Lifetime Member
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member
The title of this thread is beyond childish . Kerwin is a member the University of Florida Athletic Hall of Fame as a "Gator Great".

"Among the top 100 Gators of the first 100 years of Florida football, the sportswriters of The Gainesville Sun ranked him the No. 26 greatest Gator of all time in 2006."

gatormandan

Are we back yet?
Lifetime Member
Oct 15, 2014
Lets have a weight guess thread and then email him to find out his real weight and see who wins. Maybe some oxbux.

NOLAGATOR

God uses the unlikely to accomplish the impossible
Lifetime Member
Aug 20, 2018
Does it matter what his weight is?

When he has offenses that can hang 50 and go undefeated y'all worry about a coach's weight?

Swamp Donkey

Founding Member
7-14 vs P5 Fire Stricklin First
Lifetime Member
Jun 9, 2014
Founding Member
Some of my first gator games that I remember were with Bell. There's an emotional attachment. Not SOS level but he's up there. Gator great, let's not denigrate.
Oh... I love Bell. Hope he dominates and makes people look stupid.

Some people don't like the fact that he and Matthews advocate for scoring points instead of running the option.. It is usually people for whom Gator football began with CUM.

Last edited:

Founding Member
Dazed and Confused
Lifetime Member
Jun 9, 2014
Founding Member
Pell throws Bell in against Miami as a raw freshman and the kid damn near leads an upset of Kosar & Co. Had ice in his veins.

Users who are viewing this thread

Help Users

You haven't joined any rooms.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    A2xGator