Bits & Pieces: Florida vs. South Florida

revgator

Founding Member
Lifetime Member
Jun 19, 2014
Founding Member
Great post again @cover2. I was looking forward to this today. Agree on all points.

What's your take on Rashad Torrence? This guy was everywhere yesterday. Reminds me of a Greenard, Ahmad Black type of player on defense

Gatorbait25

Founding Member
H.E. Pennypacker, wealthy American industrialist
Lifetime Member
Jun 12, 2014
Founding Member
Perkins played well and has earned a starting spot . I wish they would move
Travez to safety because it would get Torrance off the field . I expect he and Helm will get roasted on Saturday.

It was good to see Diwun Black fly down the field on kickoff and knock the hell out of the return man . Between this young man and Wingo looking lost out there whenever he’s playing backer it’s clear we aren’t optimizing our talent level on defense . Thanks Todd .

Don’t recall seeing much on Miller. Think he got dinged because we saw a lot of Hopper . He played well at times and will need to continue to do so . Moon picked up where he left off last week .‘putting in another damn fine performance . Maybe after all these years it’s finally coming together for Jeremiah .

Not much more to say about Emory . We see the same mistakes again and again . The inability to asses what he is seeing . Even when he’s making the right choice often times he’s late . Which has led to disaster . There are things Dan can do to
Help him ,using bootlegs and stop asking him to scan the whole field for example.

Obviously Richardson gives us the best chance to win . It’s hard to fathom why a sane man would continue to argue otherwise. I don’t feel very good about this coming Saturday . Especially if #5 is taking the snaps.

GatorInGeorgia

Lifetime Member
Aug 25, 2014
I wondered if he was teaching AR to buckle the helmet.

No, that’s what he & AR will focus on this week, all week.

“AR, this is how you buckle the helmet. Now go practice this 20,000 times this week while I teach EJ how to stand like a statue in the pocket. Oh, AR, don’t forget the Bama game starts at 7:30, so get to the stadium around 6:45.”

GatorInGeorgia

Lifetime Member
Aug 25, 2014
First of all: great write up, as usual @cover2.

Second: This will not be a news flash to most of you here on GC, but we may have the stupidest and most stubborn coach in America (as well as the biggest doooshbag). How AR15 is not our every down QB is beyond me.

Maybe Dan is planning on playing AR the entire game but is just saying EJ’s the starter to fool Bama.

:bwahaha:

Nah, nevermind, he’s not that clever.

GatorInGeorgia

Lifetime Member
Aug 25, 2014
Isn't there a coaches call-in show every Thursday? gatorkev needs to call in and ask the questions.

What does EJ do better than AR because there is not a human being on the planet other than you that sees it.
Why is Todd Grantham still employed?
Are you running a teaching clinic or an elite football team?

That’s a big part of Mullen’s problem. He thinks it’s his job to coach these guys up over 4-5 years so they make it to the NFL and hopefully have a modicum of success. He doesn’t seem to understand that his actual job is to put the best team possible on the field to win football games and championships for Florida…right now.

Swamp Donkey

Founding Member
7-14 vs P5 Fire Stricklin First
Lifetime Member
Jun 9, 2014
Founding Member
That’s a big part of Mullen’s problem. He thinks it’s his job to coach these guys up over 4-5 years so they make it to the NFL
Did Mullinz help Trash get to the NFL? He cost him tens of millions with his bullshtt with LSU and Oklahoma. Did he help the WRs with first or second day talent by giving them few receptions and a 4-6 draft pick?

Ask Trevon Grimes how much he helping by ignoring basically any skill other than blocking.

GatorInGeorgia

Lifetime Member
Aug 25, 2014
Did Mullinz help Trash get to the NFL? He cost him tens of millions with his bullshtt with LSU and Oklahoma. Did he help the WRs with first or second day talent by giving them few receptions and a 4-6 draft pick?

Ask Trevon Grimes how much he helping by ignoring basically any skill other than blocking.

No, but HE THINKS that’s his job, regardless of how ineffective he is at actually doing it.

I guess when he’s got Dak Prescott as his proof source, well, he must be right. Except that maybe Dak is a 1st rounder, not a 4th, if he didn’t play for fvvcktard and maybe, just maybe, Dak made Dipshyt Dan, not the other way around (kind of like Tom Brady & Charlie Weis).

Gator By Marriage

A convert to Gatorism
Lifetime Member
Dec 31, 2018
I wonder where the line is between having two guys push each other to be better, and having one of them press too hard trying to keep up with the highlight reel.
I’ve been wondering this as well. I thought EJ played pretty decently in the first half, and was pleasantly surprised on the TD throw to Henderson. But it’s almost as if he got in the locker room at half time, had some time to think, and came to the conclusion that while he had played well, AR was spectacular and he better light it up in 2nd half. Consequently, he started thinking too much.

Too be fair to him, there were also a couple of impressive throws that receivers couldn’t haul in in the 2nd half. (Shorter and Wells I think.) I don’t know very much about proper footwork and technique, but I know enough that he looks terrible at times. It also looked to me that on both pics the receivers were open, but the throws were waaaaay too late.

Swamp Donkey

Founding Member
Lifetime Member
Jun 9, 2014
Founding Member
The criminal who allowed his school to sell brownies to pay for his plane ticket.

That still burns my ass. NCAA and our AD can DIAF.

All while Trailerbammer and NCAA ignore their players driving Escalades and finding hundreds of thousands from their "uncle".

B52G8rAC

SAC Trained Warrior
Lifetime Member
Feb 15, 2016
The criminal who allowed his school to sell brownies to pay for his plane ticket.

That still burns my ass. NCAA and our AD can DIAF.

All while Trailerbammer and NCAA ignore their players driving Escalades and finding hundreds of thousands from their "uncle".
Dang, I have to like and agree with Law. twice this season. The boy must be coming around.

gatorfan81

Founding Member
Done
Lifetime Member
Jun 18, 2014
Founding Member
There are only 4 outcomes where we win this game.
1. Alabama has a we are Marshall event
2. AR starts and is healthy
3. Ej starts but is pulled after the first series.
4. Alabama mistakes us for Auburn and let's us win

rogdochar

Founding Member
RIP
Lifetime Member
Jun 14, 2014
Founding Member

5. Alabama puts us in an Appalachian State of mind.

cover2

Founding Member
I've grown old
Lifetime Member
Jun 12, 2014
Founding Member
Great post again @cover2What's your take on Rashad Torrence? This guy was everywhere yesterday. Reminds me of a Greenard, Ahmad Black type of player on defense
I don’t recall enough positive plays to have paid a lot of attention to him. See that he has made a few tackles in two games. As a sophomore safety who presumably was coached by the previous safeties coach, I’m not confident that there was a great amount of fundamentals imparted, refined, and repped sufficiently based on the overall play of the secondary last year and thus far. I read where he played at Marietta HS and was a member of their 2019 state champs, so he comes from a good HS program and has experienced success. Hopefully we’ll start seeing some tangible improvement under Coach McGriff’s leadership. The start, I believe, thus far hasn’t been real swift.

Gator By Marriage

A convert to Gatorism
Lifetime Member
Dec 31, 2018
I don’t recall enough positive plays to have paid a lot of attention to him. See that he has made a few tackles in two games. As a sophomore safety who presumably was coached by the previous safeties coach, I’m not confident that there was a great amount of fundamentals imparted, refined, and repped sufficiently based on the overall play of the secondary last year and thus far. I read where he played at Marietta HS and was a member of their 2019 state champs, so he comes from a good HS program and has experienced success. Hopefully we’ll start seeing some tangible improvement under Coach McGriff’s leadership. The start, I believe, thus far hasn’t been real swift.
That ‘19 Marietta team was stacked with talent including Arik Gilbert, BJ Ojulari, and Harrison Bailey. I believe they got in some trouble with the GHSA for some recruiting shananigans.

cover2

Founding Member
I've grown old
Lifetime Member
Jun 12, 2014
Founding Member
That ‘19 Marietta team was stacked with talent including Arik Gilbert, BJ Ojulari, and Harrison Bailey. I believe they got in some trouble with the GHSA for some recruiting shananigans.
That was the story. There’s always been recruiting in HS football, but it’s more in your face these days. Lee County, north of Albany, have had good harvests these last few years and have the resources to avoid scrutiny. Buford is another that is able to get a lot of talent to relocate.

Swamp Donkey

Founding Member
Lifetime Member
Jun 9, 2014
Founding Member
No one player can overcome Mullinz. See Dak.

Gator By Marriage

A convert to Gatorism
Lifetime Member
Dec 31, 2018
That was the story. There’s always been recruiting in HS football, but it’s more in your face these days. Lee County, north of Albany, have had good harvests these last few years and have the resources to avoid scrutiny. Buford is another that is able to get a lot of talent to relocate.
In my neck of the woods, Roswell has been known to “find” a few kids from outside the district. Worst of all is Grayson over in Loganville.
I really shouldn’t complain though as my kids went to Blessed Trinity. Their graduating class of about 250 kids had five D 1 football players including one to OSU and one to ND.

Users who are viewing this thread

Help Users

You haven't joined any rooms.