Tears of joy: Dan Mullen Fired

gator1946

Founding Member
Lifetime Member
Jun 10, 2014
Founding Member
According to my uncles who fought them in the Pacific, it was properly expressed as "Jap Bastards." One was Army and one was Navy and they didn't agree on much - but the did agree on that.

My father was a very kind man. Kind but no push over. He made it to GS-16 in the civil service and full colonel in the reserves. But I remember when I was five, six years after the war, when he saw some people of Japanese heritage (for all we knew they were grew up in America not immigrants from Japan). The look in his eyes sent shivers down my spine. He got over it. But it took him more than a few years.

Gator87

Founding Member
Lifetime Member
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member
He doesn’t need the big truck, he’s got no trophies to pack.

GatorFL

Lifetime Member
Oct 29, 2017
I do not agree with that. Most knew there was some talent here, but that Zook was an awful coach which he was. I mean Marcus Thomas was here, Jarvis Moss (although could not figure out his issue at the time) Joe
Cohen, Steven Harris, Brandon Siler, etc. on defense. Meyer was a good coach who could figure out how to use guys like Cohen and Harris and Brian Crum, Earl Everett etc. And on offense there was Leak, Wynn, Baker, Caldwell, Cornelius, etc. The Oline was very weak like the current one, but Meyer made it work. This team has much less talent than when Meyer took over in 2005
I think we have a few guys on both sides of the ball. The mismanagement was different than McElwain's. MuLLLLLLen had them in great physical shape, unlike Butters, but there were there issues. There are some fantastic athletes on this team but like Pierce and AJ they're not utilized or they're ill positioned to become great like Elam; or collectively they are miscoached for various reasons and they play at a discount on their ability. Different than Mc but equally as crippling. Nevertheless with the right coach this team should have been 10-2, maybe 11-1.

williston_gator

Founding Member
Twitter junkie
Lifetime Member
Jun 12, 2014
Founding Member
@Demetrius82: Napier would be one of the more intriguing coaches to replace Mullen. I like an up and coming coach who’s had success at all stops, plus this:

oxrageous

Founding Member
It's Good to be King
Administrator
Jun 5, 2014
Founding Member
Napier is a homosexual and his partner kisses each player as they run onto the field. Is that something we really want to see?

Swamp Donkey

Founding Member
7-14 vs P5 Fire Stricklin First
Lifetime Member
Jun 9, 2014
Founding Member
@Demetrius82: Napier would be one of the more intriguing coaches to replace Mullen. I like an up and coming coach who’s had success at all stops, plus this:

Besides, we don't even HAVE 40 staffers. We have like 6. How important will he feel having to cut his staff meetings to a 1/3 of what they are now, in the Sunbelt.

lizardbreath

Nov 5, 2016
My father was a very kind man. Kind but no push over. He made it to GS-16 in the civil service and full colonel in the reserves. But I remember when I was five, six years after the war, when he saw some people of Japanese heritage (for all we knew they were grew up in America not immigrants from Japan). The look in his eyes sent shivers down my spine. He got over it. But it took him more than a few years.
I understand completely. War is indeed hell and the atrocities and general brutality of WWII are still unrivaled. The Japanese penchant for mass slaughter of prisoners and civilians, and the insanely cruel way in which they committed their crimes, will be a stain on their nation that will never be fully washed away. Thanks for sharing your father's story with me, please allow me to reciprocate.

My father served as an armorer and enlisted bombardier from 1940-46 in The Army Air Corp, later known as the Army Air Force. Dad flew anti-sub patrol for a year or so and was subsequently assigned to teach air-to-air gunnery and the use of the Norden bombsight. In 10/44 he deployed to the 99th bomber group in Foggia, Italy and managed to get in 24 missions, while being "knocked down" twice, before the end of the war. He was too old to receive a commission by that time, but he was promoted from staff sergeant to master sergeant in theater. Dad had nothing against the German or Italian peoples, but he was a "true anti-fascist" in the best possible use of the term.

AnObfuscator

Lifetime Member
Nov 20, 2017

His recruiting is pretty good, relative to his conference. Per 247 the year before he was hired they were 9th in conference, his transition class was 5th, then he was 1st every year after.

Dunno about his recruiting at the P5 level.

williston_gator

Founding Member
Twitter junkie
Lifetime Member
Jun 12, 2014
Founding Member
Besides, we don't even HAVE 40 staffers. We have like 6. How important will he feel having to cut his staff meetings to a 1/3 of what they are now, in the Sunbelt.
He'd probably come with a list of demands. Which is sad for a school so rich. It should just be available.

Users who are viewing this thread

Help Users

You haven't joined any rooms.

Birthdays

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    fishermb