Tears of joy: Dan Mullen Fired

Durty South Swamp

Founding Member
doodley doodley doo!
Lifetime Member
Jun 19, 2014
Founding Member
I didn’t want to be the guy to go against Ox’s inside source but I was told this was already done before yesterday from a top connected UGA booster. Not only did he tell me Fan was out but apparently it’s Kiffin as HC and Orgeron as DC.
same source as the one who claimed all those secret commits? :grin:

FireFoley

Lifetime Member
Nov 19, 2014
I get it but my point is he has been complacent and has allowed this crap to go on. He needs to go too and we can’t afford a Macelwain 2.0 hire

I hear you and I have a feeling Strichnine is history. I made it clear in my email to him last week and yesterday prior to OT that he must go. but I did just send a follow up thank you and wished the new interns luck in finding a new coach.

gingerlover

Lifetime Member
Sep 20, 2014
Maybe true record wise, but what about those who see beyond the numbers and care about quality of play and quality of other things. Many people even on this board were fooled by 9-3, 10-4 Cousin Eddie. I never saw it. I saw horrendous game management, poor quality of play and other things that show whether you are a competent coach or not. Some good coaches at places going 7-5, 8-4, but not everyone sees them.
Agree completely. I’ll admit that year one I wanted to believe because of results, but then recruiting finished and it was clear where we were going. I’m fine with a struggle the next few years if the product and recruitment are showing building something better. Just pointing out how this roster is worse than what he inherited and the next guy has a lot to clean up

FireFoley

Lifetime Member
Nov 19, 2014
You know in hindsight, Cousin Eddie should have taken one of those multiple offers from the NFL after last season. Could have saved him this embarrassment of being fired. :lmao2:

Founding Member
Dazed and Confused
Lifetime Member
Jun 9, 2014
Founding Member
When Fuchs told Mullen “you’re doing great,” he was apparently referring to choosing a moving company.

G. Gordon Gator

Intrepid Chauvinist
Lifetime Member
Aug 14, 2018
If you look around online there's already all these long articles listing all the reasons Cousin was canned. They had them all cued up and ready to go, just waiting to put the date at the top lol

FireFoley

Lifetime Member
Nov 19, 2014
I know it crazy but maybe, just maybe stricknine started lurking in the shadows contacting coaching candidates after the Kentucky game. Naw that's just crazy.

Sorry, had to give :facepalm: for that. No way Strichnine would not do that. He still thinks UF baseball is the most sound fundamental team in the country

AnObfuscator

Lifetime Member
Nov 20, 2017

We don't need a flight tracker, they're just going to drive down the road and hire Malzahn because he'd come here for cheap.

Users who are viewing this thread

Help Users

You haven't joined any rooms.

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    fishermb