Head Coaching Candidates Thread; Brian Kelly goes to LSU

Swamp Donkey

Founding Member
7-14 vs P5 Fire Stricklin First
Lifetime Member
Jun 9, 2014
Founding Member
That’s a very close friend’s son reporting that. UF journalism grad. Evidently Stoops is pondering it.
I cant imagine this, but it would be nice l, I guess. He seemed to constantly land great OCs. Very rare to find that. Saban has definitely gone through a few turds.

However, this is probably just putting pressure on Slingblade.

Bait'n Gator

Go away..... bait'n
Lifetime Member
Mar 14, 2015
I cant imagine this, but it would be nice l, I guess. He seemed to constantly land great OCs. Very rare to find that. Saban has definitely gone through a few turds.

Or Kiffin told them to fuch off and they finally got around to watching one of Napier's interviews. I could be on board with big game Bob, let him groom another Lincoln Riley to take over for him in a few years.

SGG

Call me Ernie, or Big Ern
Lifetime Member
Sep 24, 2015

I’d rather put pressure on LSU or uscW to hire him

GatorScott

If you ain't first, you're last
Jan 21, 2019
That’s a very close friend’s son reporting that. UF journalism grad. Evidently Stoops is pondering it.
So how come they've got Stoops as best odds (+400) to be the next coach? What inside info do they have to have the confidence and balls to put those odds in print? Serious question...

GatorScott

If you ain't first, you're last
Jan 21, 2019
8ball.jpeg

OcalaGator83

Not Hopeful
Lifetime Member
Oct 23, 2014
If Bob Stoops has any itch or inclination to get back into the game, then IMO this is his tailor made opportunity. He has instant credibility with the fanbase. He's 60, not 100 like some people think. His good buddy Spurrier is in place and would give him his endorsement. Frankly the stars couldn't align better for him, IF he actually wants to. Yeah the cupboard is bare right now but he can fix that. I'd vote for it.

Gator4Life

Known as A Member.
Lifetime Member
Jun 15, 2018
Anybody posted that 20 Gator players have asked that Savage be retained?
I saw that and wondered that myself?
I really don't understand them wanting him kept on but maybe Mullen held him back also! I'd think whoever tales over sends him packing with the rest. I haven't seen anything he's done that would make you keep him! I think the opposite of this, that he's not that good look at AR and his stupid injuries and our guys on DL & OL that aren't putting on mass as the need to and also lots of beat up players there to!! I say let him go IMO.

HauntedGator

Dec 14, 2016
All I ask, with my best Casey Kasem voice, is take your time, don't rush into Napier. He's already a laughing stock!

Swamp Donkey

Founding Member
7-14 vs P5 Fire Stricklin First
Lifetime Member
Jun 9, 2014
Founding Member
I always thought players hated a really good strength coach. ????
rarely. the coaching staff is highly regulated numbers of contact sessions with the players. the strength coaches are not. therefore the strength coach spends 5 to 10 times as amount of time hours with the kids.

everyone gets motivated differently but drill sergeant doesn't work that well and doesn't work for long. you can only keep that face on for a while until they realize you're human too.

it's pretty natural for the kids to bond with the strength coaches. they see them as helping all those off-season size and strength goals and getting them to where they need to be.

that being said maybe one of the most important positions for a new coach. few would trust an unknown.

frankly Savage was minimally qualified when he got here. I think he was a ga or not far removed from being a graduate assistant.

if his reputation is good he'll find a job quickly. I just don't know enough about his techniques and the metrics regarding how much bigger or faster the kids got over time to offer any sort of opinion. I see some pretty small kids on the field but frankly they were recruited at an extremely small size usually without much of a frame, so I'm not certain that that's on Savage. Im talking specifically about linebacker and defensive end.

Users who are viewing this thread

Help Users

You haven't joined any rooms.

Birthdays

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    fishermb