Head Coaching Candidates Thread; Brian Kelly goes to LSU

running gator

Banned
BANNED
Sep 14, 2020

Of course you would believe that. You are one of those who people should not trust without verifying. They are everywhere on sports forums, facebook, any place where they can see their opinion being preserved.

One of the first things that any college professor like myself teaches students is that people lie almost all the time.

The first thing that any psychologist tries to get a patient to understand is that one's self image is usually self delusion. Denial is not just a river in Egypt! It is a constant state of being for most people and even the most self aware person deals in self denial constantly.

Therapy is designed to get the person to see themselves as they really are. And almost everyone desperately needs therapy.

You could really use it. Of course, this forum is full of people living in denial. It is the human condition.

Do a little research but I am sure that you will not.

Denial rules!

running gator

Banned
BANNED
Sep 14, 2020
You're so full :kiffin: it's coming out of your ears... and mouth. You don't know dck about football and nearly everything you've said in this thread is 100% wrong, most of it straight up retarded. "Good preparer and game day coach"

Give. Me. A. Fking. Break.

He's one of the worst preparers and in game coaches I've ever seen. Theres a reason our first half team was an abortion 8/10 times. The dude didn't even watch film or develop an opponent specific game plan. He just winged it and if it didn't work, came out after halftime trying something else. His clock management was horrific. Winding the clock when we needed to score, calling time outs so that the other team could get the ball back and have time for a score, being down 10 with only a couple mins left and calling run plays with no 2 min offense and no sense of urgency. Seriously, just STFU.

The experts disagree with you on Mullen but that is not unusual for a many Gator fans. Gator fans are the among the most ignorant fans in the nation. Before Spurrier we won next to nothing.

And your opinions are simply opinions that cannot be backed with facts.

You get emotionally involved and let your emotions control what little intelligence that you have.

Florida fans are not experts in football. In fact, very few are.

When you develop players you are going to have down years. Next year would have probably been a much better year as was last year.

He had McElwain's recruits for the first two years and they were already mostly developed when Mullen came in.

You really need to get a grip. You are just a typical Gator fan who knows nothing about football and expects to win all the time.

That is why we lost Spurrier AND Meyer.

Unrealistic expectations from ignorant fans. Which is a constant problem at UF for what seems like forever.

running gator

Banned
BANNED
Sep 14, 2020
Mullen philosophy was development over recruiting.....period. How'd that work out for us?

Pretty good to the knowledgeable football. Not so good for gator fans who are not very knowledgeable.

We would have been much better next year as this was a rebuilding year.

I know ignorant football fans do not understand rebuilding but it is typical when a program does not have a strong recruiting presence.

The funny thing is that Gator fans should understand that. We had down years with SOS and just about every other coach we have had. Even Meyer had down years. The caliber of school that UF is almost demands down years unless you have an amazing recruiter. Meyer had to cheat to try to maintain after Mullen left.

The young, not so knowledgeable fans at UF demand A GREAT RECRUITER TO TRY TO MAINTAIN EVERY YEAR!

Even then we still have down years and fans that just do not understand because they do not understand collegiate football.

The only choice Scott S. has is to try to get a coach who can recruit well every year - which is an impossibility without cheating as Meyer learned. Of course the coach must be a great developer of talent to make up for the lean years. Which must be few and far between to suit an football uneducated crowd of fans.

running gator

Banned
BANNED
Sep 14, 2020
he really wasn't into development.

but in general 5th year seniors beat most sophomores when they are lined up against you. he just doesn't realize that he cannot force these kids to be 5th seniors. the good ones are leaving in three years.

Fans like you never try to be fair. You are too wrapped up emotionally in needing for your team to win in order to validate yourself. That's is true of most football fans. Not a very bright or psychologically health group of people. Just watch the Finebaum show after Bama loses or any gator site after we lose.

Brooks

Jul 1, 2021
Fans like you never try to be fair. You are too wrapped up emotionally in needing for your team to win in order to validate yourself. That's is true of most football fans. Not a very bright or psychologically health group of people. Just watch the Finebaum show after Bama loses or any gator site after we lose.

There's so many dumb things in every post you put up that its almost not even worth responding to you. You are incredibly stupid.

running gator

Banned
BANNED
Sep 14, 2020
I remember when they were hailing Butters as a great recruiter, all those QBs, HaHa-Dix, Dee, on and on.

Then Suns came to us and failed to land a DT for two straight classes, goes back to Bammer and destroys it on the trail again.

Im pretty over assuming that a "good recruiter at Alabama is a good recruiter elsewhere.

That is the built in advantage that Bama has as a legacy program. Expecting UF, a top 5 academic school, to get the same breaks as Bama (a school with a long history of football success for about a 100 years) for recruiting and basic operations is crazy. The blueblood schools of football get away with way more than we could ever get away with. We have a long history of probation trying to do it the Bama way without their built in protection.

Lame Kitten could do just about anything at Bama and they would cover him. They would nail him for cheating within two years at UF. Even Meyer got burned. He knew that he was done when Saban beat him at the SECCG.

No way to match Bama at recruiting when they are protected and we are not. That is why he quit and went with a legacy program like OSU. Unfortunately, they are not protected like Bama is either.

Maybe Urban would get that at USC but they have been nicked also. Lame Kitten would know that from personal experience. Of course, USC has probably the best recruiting field in the US. You just have to hold serve there. Although Chip Kelly is treading water at UCLA.

running gator

Banned
BANNED
Sep 14, 2020
There's so many dumb things in every post you put up that its almost not even worth responding to you. You are incredibly stupid.

That is exactly what sick people do - they deny and get angry!

I have two doctorates (One in math and one in psychology) and you obviously have none, zero, zip, nada.

You are not interested in the truth. You simply live with your own version of denial.

Which is ok with me. You are not paying me to help you get well.

But that will not keep me from telling the truth when challenged.

bayou gator

Lord I was born a shamblin' man...
Lifetime Member
Aug 30, 2014
No, it was not the same. A casual observer might assume that but Mullen adapts for the specific QB. He is very good like that!

He is an excellent game day and preparation coach.

This is hands down the dumbest sh!t I’ve read here since Alvin was booted into oblivion. Without otherworldly talent to overcome his crayon-riddled playbook, Dan’s offense has no chance in hell. Add in his ridiculously poor game management skills (or, the total lack of) and absolute refusal to pay attention to details (wristband debacle, did he even practice special teams?), and you get exactly what we’ve seen over the past 4 years: a non-stop sh!tshow that ultimately ended with a team that quit on their coach. A coach who never figured out that putting points on a scoreboard matter more than anything else; and everything must go into that effort.

When Dan was at MSU, he once said going to UF was a “lateral move”. We all took those words to mean that he was saying MSU was just as good of a job as UF. No one thinks that. But I think he was admitting that he couldn’t do any better at UF than he doing at MSU. It was the only time he was ever honest to us. Dan’s biggest problem is that deep down, he knows we won championships in 06 and 08 in spite of him. Not because of him. He’s not a good coach, and he knows it.

E278FB8B-9B12-4D4B-95F6-FC1746FCC460.jpeg

Brooks

Jul 1, 2021

I have two doctorates (One in math and one in psychology) and you obviously have none, zero, zip, nada.

You are not interested in the truth. You simply live with your own version of denial.

Deny and get angry? I'm not angry. I am paying your mom to help me get well though.
All kidding aside man you are the dumbest member by far here. You have said dozens of retarded things in the span of a couple hours. It would be impressive if it wasn't so stupid. You don't make one good point. Look its not just one poster picking your dumbass posts apart. You have failed miserably at whatever points you were trying to make. Maybe you are too old to know what a troll is...but maybe you are aware what you are doing. There's a place for special morons like you. Its called swamp gas.
Also this is a football message board. Wtf do your degrees or my college education have to do with it at all? You are clearly out of your depth. You have no clue what you are talking about when it comes to football. There's posters here that have forgotten more about football than you have the capacity to understand. I would give you credit if you made ONE good point. Lotta good those doctorates did you. You sound like a ****ing retard.

Last edited:

running gator

Banned
BANNED
Sep 14, 2020
.[/QUOTE]

I think I have found at least part of the problem.
1) You do not do research or not very well anyway.

There are ways to allow testing to exempt as much as two years of undergrad work.

A doctorate (Ph.D or Ed.D ) normally takes 3 years to complete in most academic programs after you earn your BS or BA.

It is possible to test out of certain courses if you have the background already and a second doctorate can use some of the courses that you have already completed in the first doctorate.

In addition, students may have work which can be count as all or part of a thesis - particularly if the thesis was for an earlier doctorate. but I did not do that.

Two completely separate doctorates can be easily finished in less than 3 years each if everything goes smoothly. Sometimes much faster.

I had completed my doctorates by age 30. While teaching and coaching on the side. People who complete doctorates are usually much smarter than the average person.

I know people who have had 4 or 5 doctorates by age 30 and some people who have as many as 12 earned doctorates. There may be people with more. I do not care to check.

I once heard of a guy who was working on his bachelor's degree and a doctorate at the same time as he had tested high enough to be allowed to start his doctorate in mathematics. He had scored 7 out of 10 on a mathematics power test as an 18 year old that the average PhD scored only 3 on.

So there are limitless possibilities if you are intelligent enough.

I have taught and coached at some level ever since I was in my 20s. With a few breaks from one or the other.

I am well over 60 so you can do the math.

running gator

Banned
BANNED
Sep 14, 2020
This is hands down the dumbest sh!t I’ve read here since Alvin was booted into oblivion. Without otherworldly talent to overcome his crayon-riddled playbook, Dan’s offense has no chance in hell. Add in his ridiculously poor game management skills (or, the total lack of) and absolute refusal to pay attention to details (wristband debacle, did he even practice special teams?), and you get exactly what we’ve seen over the past 4 years: a non-stop sh!tshow that ultimately ended with a team that quit on their coach. A coach who never figured out that putting points on a scoreboard matter more than anything else; and everything must go into that effort.

When Dan was at MSU, he once said going to UF was a “lateral move”. We all took those words to mean that he was saying MSU was just as good of a job as UF. No one thinks that. But I think he was admitting that he couldn’t do any better at UF than he doing at MSU. It was the only time he was ever honest to us. Dan’s biggest problem is that deep down, he knows we won championships in 06 and 08 in spite of him. Not because of him. He’s not a good coach, and he knows it.

You have some serious problems when all the experts say the opposite and only fans agree with you.

Football fans are well known for their inability to deal with reality.

They attach their self worth to their beloved team winning.

It is a mental illness that is very common.

What your team does has absolutely nothing to do with your self worth.

Get counseling because winning is just not that important.

Please know that about 50 million dumb rednecks agree with you.

They live and die with their team winning or losing.

When Bama loses, thousands of fans call into shows like Finebaum and scream insanity.

Once on ESPN a announcer made a slightly derogatory remark about the mania of Tennessee football fans.

The resulting flood of telephone calls to ESPN's phones closed down the telephone sector for hours.

Watching football and rooting for your team is great but getting so wrapped up in any sport's team that you cannot function when they lose or you cannot be objective about the team or coaches' performances is mental illness.

I love to win. I am a very competitive person. When I was in college my girl friend was asked in one of her classes how competitive was I. She replied that on a scale of 1 to 10 I was a 26!

So I have quite a reputation for being competitive.

But I can go and eat after a loss for one of my favorite teams now when I could not when I was younger. I learned that neurotic and psychotic behavior did not mean that one was more of a fan than others. I basically learned that it was crazy.

Like attacking Mullen for all the imaginary things that one can think of. That is not fandom. That is mental illness!

AugustaGator

Founding Member
Lifetime Member
Jun 12, 2014
Founding Member

Biden voter?

running gator

Banned
BANNED
Sep 14, 2020
Deny and get angry? I'm not angry. I am paying your mom to help me get well though.
All kidding aside man you are the dumbest member by far here. You have said dozens of retarded things in the span of a couple hours. It would be impressive if it wasn't so stupid. You don't make one good point. Look its not just one poster picking your dumbass posts apart. You have failed miserably at whatever points you were trying to make. Maybe you are too old to know what a troll is...but maybe you are aware what you are doing. There's a place for special morons like you. Its called swamp gas.
Also this is a football message board. Wtf do your degrees or my college education have to do with it at all? You are clearly out of your depth. You have no clue what you are talking about when it comes to football. There's posters here that have forgotten more about football than you have the capacity to understand. I would give you credit if you made ONE good point. Lotta good those doctorates did you. You sound like a ****ing retard.

Thanks for proving my points so succinctly! It is always a pleasure to have others unwittingly confirm my every point.

As I have said time and again - denial is not just a river in Egypt. People in the South or maybe the whole US are getting sicker and sicker.

I have the perfect profession! Raging mental illness will keep me employed forever! Thanks everyone!

jdh5484

Founding Member
Just Beat UGa
Lifetime Member
Jun 30, 2014
Founding Member
Running Gator is gone for good. The last thing we need is a more arrogant version of Sigmund Freud on this board.

Now go “running” off to Swamp Gas, good sir!
Is this quote from him that broke the camels back?
So I have quite a reputation for being competitive.

Last edited:

Gator4Life

Known as A Member.
Lifetime Member
Jun 15, 2018
No, it was not the same. A casual observer might assume that but Mullen adapts for the specific QB. He is very good like that!

He is an excellent game day and preparation coach.

He is just not a good recruiter.

As a coach for over 30 years I can tell who is good on game day and who is not.

Mullen just did not care about recruiting that much.

He did not have good recruiters on his staff (as a general rule)

Although he was trying to get them before he was fired.

Too many keyboard coaches out there who prefer their delusions to reality.

It is all about the record to them as they really do not know anything about the game.

They get their opinion from TV analysts and could not break down a play if their life depended upon it.

The TV generation.

I am a member of it but I was fortunate to be intelligent with intelligent parents who taught me that the average person is as dumb as a stump and everything needs to be verified.

The intelligence community also taught me that before I went back to school and got a pair of doctorates and started teaching and coaching.

The maxim that I live by is "Believe half of what you see and none of what you hear! And verify everything!"

My Dad also taught that "People are Stupid. Judge for yourself."

Good advise. Particularly on a forum.
This cat needs to (WOW) shut his ***k holster!! Where has he been? Reading to many head fixer books and watching soccer games! I'm not sure where he's getting his Mulligan info at but he definitly hasn't been watching the same football that I've been watching!!! I hope you did fire that turd down to swamp gasS
SEEYA

Bait'n Gator

Go away..... bait'n
Lifetime Member
Mar 14, 2015
This cat needs to (WOW) shut his ***k holster!! Where has he been? Reading to many head fixer books and watching soccer games! I'm not sure where he's getting his Mulligan info at but he definitly hasn't been watching the same football that I've been watching!!! I hope you did fire that turd down to swamp gasS
SEEYA

Not gonna lie, you've got over 150 post and I've yet to understand a single fuching one of them.

Users who are viewing this thread

Help Users

You haven't joined any rooms.

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    A2xGator