Billy Napier - UF Head Football Coach

Status
Not open for further replies.

Alumni Guy

Lifetime Member
Nov 7, 2015
Top 3 jobs USC Gets OK coach LSU pulls ND coach. The gates go big, “lands” first choice some idiot from the sunbelt conference. How the mighty have fallen.
Lincoln Riley took what Stoops built and maintained a poor man’s version of it. Name a memorable sooner’s game under his tenure? Had multiple heisman QBs, and only had some Big 12 trophies to show for it. Big 12 is dog $hit, he should go undefeated every year.

$15,000,000 a year for Brian Kelly, who gets SMOKED in big games. Hard pass.

Give me Napier over these two overrated and overpriced divas all day.

soflagator

Lifetime Member
Sep 4, 2014
Lincoln Riley took what Stoops built and maintained a poor man’s version of it. Name a memorable sooner’s game under his tenure? Had multiple heisman QBs, and only had some Big 12 trophies to show for it. Big 12 is dog $hit, he should go undefeated every year.

$15,000,000 a year for Brian Kelly, who gets SMOKED in big games. Hard pass.

Give me Napier over these two overrated and overpriced divas all day.

Riley could end up being incredible at USC. I’d have been thrilled to have him if that was the direction we looked. But I’d be lying if I said this move wasn’t up there with some of the shadiest I’ve ever seen. Concentrating his recruiting efforts in Cali, while on OU’s recruiting dime, almost mockingly answering a question about Lsu just hours before, and the fact that he’s denying that this was in the works for a while(saying instead it was just overnight decision) is not a good look. Bordering on RichRod territory. All while not actually winning anything any real consequence and being 0-for in the Playoff despite getting possibly the smoothest handoff in cfb history.

He better hope he kills it in LA because right now he has the loyalty of an Urban Meyer with the trophy case and likability of Dan Mullen.

TheDouglas78

Founding Member
Lifetime Member
Jun 12, 2014
Founding Member
Us btching about hiring guys with playoff appearances getting paid top five, is funny. Especially when some of those people talked us playing Mullen top 5 twice was just the cost of doing business for a guy that had won a total of jack****.

oxrageous

Founding Member
It's Good to be King
Administrator
Jun 5, 2014
Founding Member
Us btching about hiring guys with playoff appearances getting paid top five, is funny. Especially when some of those people talked us playing Mullen top 5 twice was just the cost of doing business for a guy that had won a total of jack****.
If Kelly was in an actual conference he never would have had a single playoff appearance.

TheDouglas78

Founding Member
Lifetime Member
Jun 12, 2014
Founding Member
If Kelly was in an actual conference he never would have had a single playoff appearance.

He has accomplished more than disco Dan, but for years cumdumpsters made excuses for him being paid top 5. Brain Kelly is a solid but not great coach, but had accomplished more than we have in the last decade.

oxrageous

Founding Member
It's Good to be King
Administrator
Jun 5, 2014
Founding Member
I agree Kelly runs a solid program, but there’s a reason no other school has made a run at him in the last decade.

G. Gordon Gator

Intrepid Chauvinist
Lifetime Member
Aug 14, 2018
I agree Kelly runs a solid program, but there’s a reason no other school has made a run at him in the last decade.
To be fair did YOU think Brian Kelly was open to leaving Notre Dame? I sure didn't.

As I mentioned earlier, his name is BRIAN KELLY. Considering that George O'Leary never actually coached a game for them, you'd have to go all the way back to Eddie McKeever or Frank Leahy in the 1940's for the last Notre Dame coach with a Notre Dame name like that.

G. Gordon Gator

Intrepid Chauvinist
Lifetime Member
Aug 14, 2018
To be fair did YOU think Brian Kelly was open to leaving Notre Dame? I sure didn't.

As I mentioned earlier, his name is BRIAN KELLY. Considering that George O'Leary never actually coached a game for them, you'd have to go all the way back to Eddie McKeever or Frank Leahy in the 1940's for the last Notre Dame coach with a Notre Dame name like that.
Speaking of George O'Leary...here's a deep dive for you mofos...word is that O'Leary's fellow New Hampshirer Dan Mullen is being pursued for the head coaching vacancy at NYU-Stony Brook University! ;)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Help Users

You haven't joined any rooms.

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    A2xGator