3D Printing update, haters: K2SO

oxrageous

Founding Member
It's Good to be King
Administrator
Jun 5, 2014
Founding Member
Star Wars "Rogue One" droid K2SO. 7'1" tall. 3D printed in both filament and resin. Took two months. I had been doing Ghostbusters props for most of the last year but I wanted to do a full-sized droid. He's certain to scare the bejesus out of anyone walking into the room.

Image-7.jpg

Image-8.jpg

Image-3.jpg

Image-1-1.jpg

Image-2.jpg

Image-3.jpg

Image-4.jpg

Image-5.jpg

Image-6.jpg

Before you say something hateful, just remember my finger is on the ban button.

Discuss.

NVGator

Founding Member
Lifetime Member
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member
Now that you've done that, you should do the 12' skeleton you have for Halloween.

jdh5484

Founding Member
Just Beat UGa
Lifetime Member
Jun 30, 2014
Founding Member
Can you make a 7' Safety or LB?

What were material costs?

How much does it weigh?

backstop13

Behind Enemy Lines
Lifetime Member
Sep 7, 2014
Nice job man. That's really cool. Did you have to paint, weather and distress it yourself or does the printer handle most of that?

I'm not super familiar with 3D printing these days but how did you avoid getting the extrusion grooves that typically show up in prints? Are new printers just that good or did you have to primer and sand everything?

G. Gordon Gator

Intrepid Chauvinist
Lifetime Member
Aug 14, 2018
Nice! Very well done with the battle scars and everything. Does it move? Look like it's eyes light up at least, and it probably makes some noise. Video please if so.

Back Alley Gator

Lifetime Member
Jul 16, 2018
I'm going to briefly share this in here, then I'll move it.

Star Wars "Rogue One" droid K2SO. 7'1" tall. 3D printed in both filament and resin. Took two months. I had been doing Ghostbusters props for most of the last year but I wanted to do a full-sized droid. He's certain to scare the bejesus out of anyone walking into the room.

Image-7.jpg

Image-8.jpg

Image-3.jpg

Image-1-1.jpg

Image-2.jpg

Image-3.jpg

Image-4.jpg

Image-5.jpg

Image-6.jpg

Before you say something hateful, just remember my finger is on the ban button.

Discuss.
Looks like it would do about as good a job as Trey Dean back there in our secondary. Probably more intimidating. And it won't get you a personal foul penalty.

Users who are viewing this thread

Help Users

You haven't joined any rooms.