3D Printing update, haters: K2SO

Back Alley Gator

Lifetime Member
Jul 16, 2018
Profit? He's losing money if you consider the TIME it takes him to sand, prime & paint. Not to mention the time waiting for the primer and paint to dry while he paces around the Miata in the garage or watching The View w/a Zima in hand. And he probably uses the air compressor's little air-jet attachment to blow off the residue from his Comicon hoodie and each time he plugs that thing in it takes a minute to reach pressure. These idle times add up man! How about the drive to Home Depot? There's traffic to account for and the .58 cents he spends to drive there and back, plus standing in isle 21 staring at the myriad of options for sandpaper. It boggles the mind really that he does this at all. He's going broke as we speak.
Let the man dream for awhile.

CGgater

Gainesville Native
Lifetime Member
Jul 30, 2014
You're gonna phuck ALL OF THIS up aren't you?!
You're gonna go and get hired to do this schitt full time by some production company in Kommifornia and then what?
WHAT THEN?

I'll tell you what then. You forget about GatorChatter and about all of us, about all of these intimately personal relationships that you've built and fostered.

You're a real piece of work Andy. Such an ass.

Where will WE go?
What will WE do?
:couch:

Most of us will probably seek therapy to recover from the toxic, co-dependent “family” Ox created here. This could also lead to a class action lawsuit based on extended emotional abuse, but I’m just wildly speculating. It’s not like I’ve thought about this possibility for hours while sitting in the dark with a 5th in my hand. Quit trying to force me to answer these questions!!! What’s wrong with you??? Leave me alone!!!

PastyStoole

Founding Member
Man, there's no boundary line to art. ~Bird Parker
Lifetime Member
Jun 12, 2014
Founding Member
Holy cow, that is frikkin awesome, man! Unbelievable detail. I haven't seen any of the Starwars episodes, but even I can see it's amazing. Some star wars collector would be drooling over this.

CDGator

Not Seedy
Lifetime Member
Jul 24, 2020
What would you do with it if you had one?

If it were me and money were no object, I would also purchase this from Elon Musk and then make them fight.
Yours does fight, right?

1664638879459.png

AuggieDosta

I Don't Re Member
Lifetime Member
Aug 1, 2018
What would you do with it if you had one?

If it were me and money were no object, I'd also purchase Elon Musk's robot and make the two of them fight.

So I hope yours can fight.

View attachment 49425

CDGator

Not Seedy
Lifetime Member
Jul 24, 2020
Are the plans in some kind of machine language ? Or are they 3D models and converted via the printer?

Did you read DIY books? Anyrecommendations?

Seems like a pretty cool hobby.
Our library has 3d printers that we can use for free. The kids and I went to a training. Wonder what they would say if I started printing one of these. :lol:

Last edited:

G. Gordon Gator

Intrepid Chauvinist
Lifetime Member
Aug 14, 2018

AuggieDosta

I Don't Re Member
Lifetime Member
Aug 1, 2018

G. Gordon Gator

Intrepid Chauvinist
Lifetime Member
Aug 14, 2018
Yep, he could make 3D printers...

:lol2: Now that is funny. :lol:

Question for @oxrageous, have you considered using your 3D printer to print out another, much larger 3D printer? :scratchchin:

If I ordered a full-scale Millennium Falcon replica could you deliver by Christmas?

star-wars-weekend-video.jpg

oxrageous

Founding Member
It's Good to be King
Administrator
Jun 5, 2014
Founding Member
:lol2: Now that is funny. :lol:

Question for @oxrageous, have you considered using your 3D printer to print out another, much larger 3D printer? :scratchchin:

If I ordered a full-scale Millennium Falcon replica could you deliver by Christmas?

star-wars-weekend-video.jpg
What's amusing is that theoretically you could absolutely build this with enough time and effort.

Users who are viewing this thread

Help Users

You haven't joined any rooms.

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    fishermb