4* QB Joe Milton

TN G8tr

Founding Member
The "Original" TN G8tr
Lifetime Member
Jun 14, 2014
Founding Member
We didn't want him anyway.............did we??

Swamp Donkey

Founding Member
7-14 vs P5 Fire Stricklin First
Lifetime Member
Jun 9, 2014
Founding Member
We didn't want him anyway.............did we??
I don't know really. I don't want the guy who completed 40% of his passes last year, that's for sure.

Actually, I don't really want any of the guys who seem to even be slightly interested in Butters.

MertzJay26

Founding Member
Lifetime Member
Jun 18, 2014
Founding Member
Guess they're going all in on Fields right now. Don't know much about him other than the fact he's committed to PSU.

ATXGator

Founding Member
Austin Gator
Lifetime Member
Jun 14, 2014
Founding Member
This was not a surprise. Milton even stated communication was spotty. I don't get it, but I certainly hope there is a good reason for backing off of this kid. He seemed like he was poised to be a star to me.

I don't have much confidence in this coaching staff's ability to pull Fields. I am in more of a I'll believe it when I see it place.

Having a guy like Milton could helped the whole recruiting class...

URGatorBait

Founding Member
Ox's Former Favorite Poster
Lifetime Member
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member
This was not a surprise. Milton even stated communication was spotty. I don't get it, but I certainly hope there is a good reason for backing off of this kid. He seemed like he was poised to be a star to me.

I don't have much confidence in this coaching staff's ability to pull Fields. I am in more of a I'll believe it when I see it place.

Having a guy like Milton could helped the whole recruiting class...
I agree. I think Milton has a bigger upside than his figures have shown. The guy can throw it a friggin mile, that's for sure, but to have such a low completion % makes you wonder if it's him, or the kids around him. Olympia wasn't that good as a team. With his break out in the camps, it makes me believe that it is the kids around him that just aren't that good.
I think Milton was a risk worth taking and we should have been after him hard. The only reason not to is if we know we have a bigger guy on the hook, but I don't see anything that says we do.

MertzJay26

Founding Member
Lifetime Member
Jun 18, 2014
Founding Member
Someone should be eating a fat plate of crow, served up by marianna right about now.

Pretty sure most knew he wasn't coming here and was going to UM judging on his latest quotes and the fact we cooled on him (who knows why). I think Threat was commenting more on the timing and the fact that Marianna said Milton was going to commit weeks ago. Maybe I'm misinterpreting what Threat meant :dunno:

Alumni Guy

Lifetime Member
Nov 7, 2015
I am so tired of hearing recruits say one of the following: 1) I would have considered UF had they recruited me earlier; 2) I was strongly considering them, but then the communication just fell off; 3) I'm an average 3-star, they showed me way more love than any other program.

maheo30

WiLLLLLLLie! WiLLLLLLLie!
Lifetime Member
Jul 24, 2014
I am so tired of hearing recruits say one of the following: 1) I would have considered UF had they recruited me earlier; 2) I was strongly considering them, but then the communication just fell off; 3) I'm an average 3-star, they showed me way more love than any other program.

Nuss has a bad habit with number 2 on your list. Recruits say his excuse is he gets to caught up in the offense and forgets to contact guys.

t-gator

Founding Member
too sexy for my shirt
Lifetime Member
Jun 13, 2014
Founding Member
I think we shoulda took him and kept recruiting fields. Unless we feel good about the kid kid that just decommited from kentucky.

ATXGator

Founding Member
Austin Gator
Lifetime Member
Jun 14, 2014
Founding Member
Nuss has a bad habit with number 2 on your list. Recruits say his excuse is he gets to caught up in the offense and forgets to contact guys.

That is what Sitowski said and basically Nuss stopped recruiting Sitowski... I get the impression he stopped recruiting Milton also... so he better have an Ace up his sleeve and I am not convinced he does.

MertzJay26

Founding Member
Lifetime Member
Jun 18, 2014
Founding Member
That is what Sitowski said and basically Nuss stopped recruiting Sitowski... I get the impression he stopped recruiting Milton also... so he better have an Ace up his sleeve and I am not convinced he does.

They're going all in on Fields. Would be a nice get from everything I read, but who knows if it happens

Users who are viewing this thread

Help Users

You haven't joined any rooms.

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    fishermb