4-star Florida LB likes 4 SEC schools (not UF), Jake Allen's teammate

rogdochar

Founding Member
RIP
Lifetime Member
Jun 14, 2014
Founding Member
I'm thinking several of the very best H.S. FB players have not cracked a book for
4-5 straight years, so there's no way UF can be their college.

Rentmoneygawd

Jan 14, 2016
How in hell is this kid a 4 star? I've watched every available tape and I refuse to believe he's a 4 star. He's fine going north/south, but is incredibly stiff when asked to go sideline to sideline. Houston IV, which is a 3 star, has a much better shuttle time and really can go sideline to sideline.

maybe he is a great "Camp kid"... because that seems to be the most important star qualifier LOL

Chomper

Lifetime Member
Aug 5, 2014
The sky is falling... the sky is falling.... Fire McElwain, fire Foley,. fire everyone. Take shelter. Doomsday is here!!

Gatorphan

Founding Member
Clown Sniper
Lifetime Member
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member
I think most folks go by Rivals - there's a pecking order, but Rivals always seems to be the one folks trust most.
I would agree. Rivals has been traditionally the most accurate, while Scout has been the most unreliable. However, listening to some trusted sources lately, I'm hearing that Rivals Rankings are rigged in some way. I still pay attention to Rivals first, but I no longer take it as gospel. ESPN has gotten stronger over the years. Also, I like the fact that 247 composite takes into consideration Rivals, ESPN and Scout Rankings to create their lists. This all being said my pecking order is....

Rivals
ESPN
Scout

maheo30

WiLLLLLLLie! WiLLLLLLLie!
Lifetime Member
Jul 24, 2014
If there is enough tape, I trust my own eyes first as to whether a guy will be any good. I completely ignore stars because I've seen to many guys get high ratings simply because they are on a good team or at a good program (Treon?). I like 247 and ESPN followed by rivals.

Homer J

Founding Member
Lifetime Member
Jun 12, 2014
Founding Member
Jake Allen will get us a couple of top WRs in this class. I am worried about LBs. We need a few.

Swamp Donkey

Founding Member
7-14 vs P5 Fire Stricklin First
Lifetime Member
Jun 9, 2014
Founding Member
ESPN has gotten stronger over the years. Also, I like the fact that 247 composite takes into consideration Rivals, ESPN and Scout Rankings to create their lists.
ESPN sucks donkey dycks. Terrible. Shameful. The worst. They throw extra stars at big city kids, NYers, Cali boys, wherever. They get more clicks for pumping the players from those places and "avoiding SEC bias". They are all about selling advertising dollars. It is no different than their Game Day broadcast. Create controversy and clicks.

Scout not much better. They are just poorly staffed. They really like Big 10 and Big 12 players.

Rivals puts more weight on how the kids do at camps. Most of the camps are in the southeast. They are the gold standard.

There was a link a while back, someone can find it probably J, showing that the Rivals top teams correlated almost perfectly to NCs. Scout wasn't even close.

247, I like. I'd like to see their staff do their own thing. Their ratings are second best if only because they include Rivals.

Users who are viewing this thread

Help Users

You haven't joined any rooms.

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    TheFoodGator