The 1989 Corvette convertible restoration thread

oxrageous

Founding Member
It's Good to be King
Administrator
Jun 5, 2014
Founding Member
The mirrors were removed and disassembled. They are filthy and full of spider eggs.

IMG_1112.jpg

oxrageous

Founding Member
It's Good to be King
Administrator
Jun 5, 2014
Founding Member
So now it's just sanding, sanding, sanding.

IMG_1207.jpg

IMG_1209.jpg

IMG_1210.jpg

Liam insists on helping out.

IMG_1202.jpg

Detroitgator

Lifetime Member
Jul 15, 2014
L98. The engine restoration is 95% done and runs well. The motor was pulled. There are plenty of pics earlier in this thread.
I scrolled through it all, great work, I envy you a bit (but I got my hobbies too)!

Back in ‘84, I helped a bit with my sisters boyfriend while he fully restored a 1969 Camaro SS, it was fun... patience, patience, patience! It’s like rehabbing an old house, you really don’t know what **** is inside until you start pulling it apart

oxrageous

Founding Member
It's Good to be King
Administrator
Jun 5, 2014
Founding Member
Awesome dude...glad to see your back at it on the car. I wish I had the patience and know how to restore something like this.
Patience I got. I didn't/don't have the know how for a lot of it. You simply get on the internet and read up on it, and then dive in. Only way to learn.

oxrageous

Founding Member
It's Good to be King
Administrator
Jun 5, 2014
Founding Member
I was waiting for some idiot to point that out. I had socks on in the house and had to go out to the garage for a moment. I sure as hell wasn't going to put on my shoes.

At any rate, the disassembly and sanding continue. Got the door handles off and had to remove the glass in the doors to do so.

AlexDaGator

Founding Member
The Hammer of Thor
Lifetime Member
Jun 19, 2014
Founding Member
I was waiting for some idiot to point that out. I had socks on in the house and had to go out to the garage for a moment. I sure as hell wasn't going to put on my shoes.

At any rate, the disassembly and sanding continue. Got the door handles off and had to remove the glass in the doors to do so.

:shakehead:

Alex.

Swamp Donkey

Founding Member
7-14 vs P5 Fire Stricklin First
Lifetime Member
Jun 9, 2014
Founding Member
So how many Oxbux would it take to take that thing off your hands? I have 4300 in my pocket right now.

oxrageous

Founding Member
It's Good to be King
Administrator
Jun 5, 2014
Founding Member
Sanding and sanding and sanding....

IMG_1245.jpg

IMG_1247.jpg

IMG_1248.jpg

LagoonGator68

Founding Member
mostly peaceful protester
Lifetime Member
Jun 12, 2014
Founding Member
With all the hours you have in the car, it deserves to be shot by a professional. Preferably in a paint booth. Today's paints can be very tricky.

Concrete Helmet

Hook, Line, and Sinker
Lifetime Member
Jul 29, 2014
With all the hours you have in the car, it deserves to be shot
Poor cars probably wondering if Goldfinger is ever gonna be done....Get off the wallet man, an do the right thing for your ride....You've still got plenty of motor work to do :lol:.

oxrageous

Founding Member
It's Good to be King
Administrator
Jun 5, 2014
Founding Member
Poor cars probably wondering if Goldfinger is ever gonna be done....Get off the wallet man, an do the right thing for your ride....You've still got plenty of motor work to do :lol:.
You guys are friggin clueless. I want to LEARN how to do this crap. You LEARN by doing it yourself. This paint job is going to turn out fine and I'm going to invite you turds over to rub your noses right into the hood.

I didn't take on this 3-year restoration to sub the car out to a bunch of people. I want to learn it myself.

I have a decent air compressor being delivered tomorrow.

oxrageous

Founding Member
It's Good to be King
Administrator
Jun 5, 2014
Founding Member
:lol: By the way, I meant "clueless" and "turds" in the most positive possible way. I've been a bit short lately, best to ignore me.

Users who are viewing this thread

Help Users

You haven't joined any rooms.

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    fishermb