4800 yards

Swamp Donkey

Founding Member
7-14 vs P5 Fire Stricklin First
Lifetime Member
Jun 9, 2014
Founding Member
It just seems to me you are really nitpicking here. Mullen was dealt a hideous hand and he's doing a better job so far than most of us expected.
Here we go.

Perfect segue into the Instigator "Stars Dont Matter only Stargazers Think We Have a Lack of Talent" theory.

Amarite?

Theologator

Enchanter
Lifetime Member
Aug 11, 2015
I read this three times and I still have no idea what your point is. We ALL want UF to return to being UF. We ALL know that 5 games is not determinant on the future success of the program.

It just seems to me you are really nitpicking here. Mullen was dealt a hideous hand and he's doing a better job so far than most of us expected.

The key to understanding Instigator’s views on the coaching staff is his disdain for everything post-Spurrier, including the Meyer era. He may be unique in his dissatisfaction with the Tebow era - the offense wasn’t based on downfield passing and therefore not good.

I disagree with him, but he’s not going to budge. Even if I were to point out that even Spurrier only had over 400 YPG at SC in 2 of his 10.5 seasons there, he would insist that had SOS returned in 2005, UF would have reclaimed its 1990’s glory, a glory that Meyer, Tebow, Harvin & 2 NC’s somehow didn’t satisfy (for him).

We’ve been around that track a few times, no point in arguing it again. But I think that’s where he is.

Theologator

Enchanter
Lifetime Member
Aug 11, 2015
400 YPG would make us 76th.

I’m looking for improvement week to week.

Franks - better
OL - better
WR - better
TEs - better
RB - underperforming early in games & better late but not yet there.

“Better” is a relative term. None of those units is where it needs to be but they are noticeably improving. That may be more about the level of competition so far and we could get crunched in October.

But so far I see improvement and the impact of the coaching is clear.

oxking

Founding Member
Pops
Lifetime Member
Jun 23, 2014
Founding Member
Started at 2:44 AM and edited at 3:42 AM. Dude, go to bed.

On topic, the numbers certainly don't seem impossible. I have my doubts we'll hit 600 yards even in the cupcake games but I think we can do better than a lousy 300 in some of the bigger games.
This might a year of "just win baby". It's hard to see Franks passing for the yards necessary even though he is certainly improving.

oxking

Founding Member
Pops
Lifetime Member
Jun 23, 2014
Founding Member
Someone once said "statistics are for losers" so I am wondering what is the magic ypg mark to improve on 4-7. I would guess that opponents' ypg would come into play here.
It must have been Woody Hayes. upload_2018-10-3_7-43-9.jpeg

oxrageous

Founding Member
It's Good to be King
Administrator
Jun 5, 2014
Founding Member
Only 391 yards against LSU, below the 400 average we need to get to 4800. What a disaster. Mullen should be fired.

Swamp Donkey

Founding Member
7-14 vs P5 Fire Stricklin First
Lifetime Member
Jun 9, 2014
Founding Member
Only 391 yards against LSU, below the 400 average we need to get to 4800. What a disaster. Mullen should be fired.
Can we just dungeon this?

You know it deserves it

InstiGATOR1

Lifetime Member
Mar 27, 2016

LSU: 300 yards

Actually 91 yards more than my path to 4800. Over the path number for the second straight week. So there is a bit of progress it seems, as I said we should be hoping last week.

One and a row does not make a trend. Two in a row might be the start of a trend. We shall see.

Captain Sasquatch

Founding Member
Mr. SQ, the Sashole
BANNED
Jun 10, 2014
Founding Member
:scratchchin:
Currently averaging 408 yards/game
giphy.gif

InstiGATOR1

Lifetime Member
Mar 27, 2016
:scratchchin:
Currently averaging 408 yards/game

I think you can hope there has been a turn around in this offense. Maybe the UTn game was the anomaly due to field position etc that some thought. Still 408 is a little behind where I had UF to follow this, but it is right about where you need to be to have a respectable offense.

Still some tough games to go and of course if we get repeats of the first half of the game today there will be a shift in concern towards points. Back in prior times UF at times ran up lots of yards and few points. Spurrier changed that around, but getting back to a decent yardage offense can allow us to hone in our worries on points.

ThreatMatrix

Lifetime Member
Aug 28, 2014
I think you can hope there has been a turn around in this offense. Maybe the UTn game was the anomaly due to field position etc that some thought. Still 408 is a little behind where I had UF to follow this, but it is right about where you need to be to have a respectable offense.

Still some tough games to go and of course if we get repeats of the first half of the game today there will be a shift in concern towards points. Back in prior times UF at times ran up lots of yards and few points. Spurrier changed that around, but getting back to a decent yardage offense can allow us to hone in our worries on points.

We're averaging 6.2 yards per play. We just need to get more than 65 plays a game. That's been the anomaly.

deuce

Founding Member
"Cry 'Havoc!', and let slip the dogs of war."
Lifetime Member
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member
65X6.2=403X12= 4836

Kool!

Users who are viewing this thread

Help Users

You haven't joined any rooms.

Staff online