4th of July

GatorJ

Founding Member
Hopeful
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member
Phineus Maximus said:
I wound up saving some dude's life. Long story short, he was supposed to skydive onto the beach at my buddy's house on Lake Weir and misjudged his landing. He came in at too steep of an angle and was unable to put the brakes on. He skipped across the water twice and slammed into the back of a ski boat. I was in the water (and the closest to him) about 8-10 yards from where he came to a stop. I was kind of amazed at how many people kind of just froze after seeing him hit. All I could think was, "He's in trouble and needs help!" Fight or flight kicked in and I hauled ass over and was able to get him out of the water quickly. When I got to him, he was unconscious and his face was submerged. I hefted him out of the water and he slowly came to. He was dazed and didn't know what happened. He had a cut on his forehead and a nosebleed. EMTs got there and checked him out and all he had was a minor concussion. Anyway, It made for an interesting day.
If you were an FSU fan you would have tried to mug him.

GatorJ

Founding Member
Hopeful
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member
Jabberdave;n10335 said:
I drank American beer in an Irish pub while watching a European sport and eating French fries. My kids are too old to want to hang out with boring old people like me.
As my 9 year old told me this weekend: "feed me some real American food like Pizza and Spaghetti!"

Phineus Maximus

Founding Member
Thread Killer
Lifetime Member
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member
Phineus Maximus said:
I wound up saving some dude's life. Long story short, he was supposed to skydive onto the beach at my buddy's house on Lake Weir and misjudged his landing. He came in at too steep of an angle and was unable to put the brakes on. He skipped across the water twice and slammed into the back of a ski boat. I was in the water (and the closest to him) about 8-10 yards from where he came to a stop. I was kind of amazed at how many people kind of just froze after seeing him hit. All I could think was, "He's in trouble and needs help!" Fight or flight kicked in and I hauled ass over and was able to get him out of the water quickly. When I got to him, he was unconscious and his face was submerged. I hefted him out of the water and he slowly came to. He was dazed and didn't know what happened. He had a cut on his forehead and a nosebleed. EMTs got there and checked him out and all he had was a minor concussion. Anyway, It made for an interesting day.
I'm just glad I was close. Otherwise, the guy would have inhaled a crapload of water. I'm sure somebody would have gotten to him in time. It just happened to be me.

Phineus Maximus

Founding Member
Thread Killer
Lifetime Member
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member
Dugaboy said:
Dam Phineus, you are a true American..

Slug, you have a real facial feature problem. Have many friends? I do believe with plastic surgery, you can again look like a real American.
I'm sure you would have done the same if it came down to it.

bradgator2

Founding Member
Rioting
Lifetime Member
Jun 12, 2014
Founding Member
Went to the race in Daytona and just got home. Since it was called Saturday night, and rescheduled for this morning at 11.... We decided to just keep tailgating through the night. I have never drank for that many hours in a row (26 hours). Nothing like playing cornhole at 5 in the morning. I am actually too tired to go to sleep.

DocZaius

Founding Member
Return to Monke
Lifetime Member
Jun 23, 2014
Founding Member
Phineus Maximus said:
You're Batman.

Users who are viewing this thread

Help Users

You haven't joined any rooms.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    A2xGator