5 best SEC quarterbacks since 1980

Founding Member
Dazed and Confused
Lifetime Member
Jun 9, 2014
Founding Member
Who said QB?
The thread is about the 5 best QBs.
Please tell me that you have a caregiver that watches over you so that you don't turn into a silver alert.

You’re dense. I made myself clear. Weurffel was a great quarterback in the Spurrier system. What part of that is beyond your comprehension?

ThreatMatrix

Lifetime Member
Aug 28, 2014
You’re dense. I made myself clear. Weurffel was a great quarterback in the Spurrier system. What part of that is beyond your comprehension?
Dude, Seriously. Check your meds.

ThreatMatrix

Lifetime Member
Aug 28, 2014
I take that to mean you’re out of gas.
These are your words:
"Wuerffel was a great quarterback here, but his accomplishments will always be overshadowed by Spurrier."

How does Spurrier overshadow Wuerffel?

Founding Member
Dazed and Confused
Lifetime Member
Jun 9, 2014
Founding Member
These are your words:
"Wuerffel was a great quarterback here, but his accomplishments will always be overshadowed by Spurrier."

You’re not going to hem me in. I tipped my hat to Wuerffel. You’re delusional if you think any other coach would have gotten as much out of him.

ThreatMatrix

Lifetime Member
Aug 28, 2014
You’re not going to hem me in. I tipped my hat to Wuerffel. You’re delusional if you think any other coach would have gotten as much out of him.
So by "overshadowed" you're saying Danny doesn't count because Spurrier coached him. mmmkay
You of course could make that argument about just about any player. They wouldn't have been good without that coach, or that oline or those receivers, etc. etc.

GatorInGeorgia

Lifetime Member
Aug 25, 2014

He was a HS All American, USA Today player of the year for state of Florida, won a host of other awards/accolades and he was the #1 recruit in Florida but yeah, you’re right, he was just a system QB. :rolleyes3:

Founding Member
Dazed and Confused
Lifetime Member
Jun 9, 2014
Founding Member
So by "overshadowed" you're saying Danny doesn't count because Spurrier coached him. mmmkay
You of course could make that argument about just about any player. They wouldn't have been good without that coach, or that oline or those receivers, etc. etc.

I’ve gone down this route with you before. You like to insert words where they don’t exist. I’ve made myself abundantly clear and history bears proof.

Ancient Reptile

Mar 4, 2015
These are your words:

Those of us who saw him know; those of you who look at grainy, black and white film will never know. Pity. You have our sympathy.

Founding Member
Dazed and Confused
Lifetime Member
Jun 9, 2014
Founding Member
He was a HS All American, USA Today player of the year for state of Florida, won a host of other awards/accolades and he was the #1 recruit in Florida but yeah, you’re right, he was just a system QB. :rolleyes3:

So we need to contort the argument to his high school achievements? Maybe we should bring his time in New Orleans into the conversation.

GatorInGeorgia

Lifetime Member
Aug 25, 2014
So we need to contort the argument to his high school achievements? Maybe we should bring his time in New Orleans into the conversation.

No, I’m not contorting anything, you are. You’re saying he was a system QB and coaches other than Spurrier wouldn’t have gotten as much out of him. You have nothing to support your position, which is also you contorting the argument. I presented facts that show plenty of COLLEGE coaches were heavily pursuing him to play COLLEGE football. His pro stats, another red herring by you, say absolutely nothing about his college career.

Founding Member
Dazed and Confused
Lifetime Member
Jun 9, 2014
Founding Member
No, I’m not contorting anything, you are. You’re saying he was a system QB and coaches other than Spurrier wouldn’t have gotten as much out of him. You have nothing to support your position, which is also you contorting the argument. I presented facts that show plenty of COLLEGE coaches were heavily pursuing him to play COLLEGE football. His pro stats, another red herring by you, say absolutely nothing about his college career.

You’re right. I have nothing to support my position. Neither do you. So we agree to disagree.

MJMGator

Founding Member
Slightly amused
Lifetime Member
Jun 10, 2014
Founding Member
You’re right. I have nothing to support my position. Neither do you. So we agree to disagree.
Heisman and crystal football don’t support his position?

GatorInGeorgia

Lifetime Member
Aug 25, 2014

Umm, nearly every college coach in the country wanted Danny to sign with their school because they thought he was going to be an incredible college quarterback...which turned out to be the case. I’d say that’s more evidence supporting my position than any evidence you have supporting yours.

Founding Member
Dazed and Confused
Lifetime Member
Jun 9, 2014
Founding Member
Heisman and crystal football don’t support his position?

What is his position? Deserving to be on this list ahead those listed? Pretty sure that’s what began the discussion.

OP failed to adequately define parameters. I took it to mean who was the best quarterback at the height of his college career. Danny was great. I said as much. I also attempted to clarify what made him great.

Would I take him over Newton 2010 If I were assembling a team for one game? Probably not.

That’s my opinion.

Founding Member
Dazed and Confused
Lifetime Member
Jun 9, 2014
Founding Member
Umm, nearly every college coach in the country wanted Danny to sign with their school because they thought he was going to be an incredible college quarterback...which turned out to be the case. I’d say that’s more evidence supporting my position than any evidence you have supporting yours.

Seriously, who cares what high school coaches thought? They thought Bobby Sabelhaus was going to be great. That’s a weak argument.

GatorInGeorgia

Lifetime Member
Aug 25, 2014
Seriously, who cares what high school coaches thought? They thought Bobby Sabelhaus was going to be great. That’s a weak argument.

Damn you’re dense. I’m not referring to HS coaches, I’m referring to the college coaches recruiting him.

Founding Member
Dazed and Confused
Lifetime Member
Jun 9, 2014
Founding Member
Damn you’re dense. I’m not referring to HS coaches, I’m referring to the college coaches recruiting him.

So he should be appointed top 5 based on what college recruiters (sorry, didn’t get it right in my last post) thought of him coming in? This is a silly argument.

GatorInGeorgia

Lifetime Member
Aug 25, 2014
So he should be anointed top 5 based on what college recruiters (sorry, didn’t get it right in my last post) thought of him coming in? This is a silly argument.

Here, I’ll try again and post what I did a few minutes ago. You’re quite slow on the uptake but maybe you’ll get it on the second try. If you can’t see how that blows your system QB argument up then you’re hopeless.

Umm, nearly every college coach in the country wanted Danny to sign with their school because they thought he was going to be an incredible college quarterback...which turned out to be the case.

Users who are viewing this thread

Help Users

You haven't joined any rooms.

Birthdays

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    A2xGator