5* DE Antonneous Clayton's redshirt has been pulled

FireFoley

Lifetime Member
Nov 19, 2014
Is that the kid who is the DE from Georgia who dominated practices at the Under Armour game/ Is that the kid who came in August who Mac alluded to being unblockable in fall practice at DE, only to not have played a single down? If this is the kid, maybe he can create a better pass rush. Cox Jr. has been disappointing getting to the QB so far. On the other side, Sherit has been very good. For a guy who showed very little as a frosh, Sherit has improved greatly in 3 years

MertzJay26

Founding Member
Lifetime Member
Jun 18, 2014
Founding Member
Is that the kid who is the DE from Georgia who dominated practices at the Under Armour game/ Is that the kid who came in August who Mac alluded to being unblockable in fall practice at DE, only to not have played a single down? If this is the kid, maybe he can create a better pass rush. Cox Jr. has been disappointing getting to the QB so far. On the other side, Sherit has been very good. For a guy who showed very little as a frosh, Sherit has improved greatly in 3 years

Yes

BMF

Bad Mother....
Lifetime Member
Sep 8, 2014
Is this in response to Ivie being injured? I hope it's worth him losing his redshirt....they did this to K. Davis at the very end of last season. Too bad he's not up to 290+.

TLB

Just chillin'
Lifetime Member
Jan 6, 2015
So he's here to represent "dooly" (Pat Dooley?) and his "brand". :facepalm:

I hope he kicks ass, but that's embarrassing. STFU about your "brand" and play.

facepalm.gif

"Clayton was recruited from Dooly County (Vienna, GA) class of 2016."

Marianna-FL_Gator

#GangGang
Lifetime Member
Aug 1, 2014

I agree...these kids are more worried about "themselves" and "they're brand" than the football program itself. That's been a big problem in our program for a few yrs now and it doesn't seem to be going away anytime soon. To a team that hasn't done or won sh*t (in yrs) it would be nice to see them shut the hell up and win something instead of talking sh*t all the time!

oxrageous

Founding Member
It's Good to be King
Administrator
Jun 5, 2014
Founding Member
facepalm.gif

"Clayton was recruited from Dooly County (Vienna, GA) class of 2016."
I've never heard of an athlete saying they were going to represent their county in my life. I've heard city, town, or even state, but county?

T REX

Founding Member
Jun 24, 2014
Founding Member
Brand? What an odd thing to say.

TLB

Just chillin'
Lifetime Member
Jan 6, 2015
STFU about your "brand" and play.

I agree...these kids are more worried about "themselves" and "they're brand" than the football program itself. That's been a big problem in our program for a few yrs now and it doesn't seem to be going away anytime soon. To a team that hasn't done or won sh*t (in yrs) it would be nice to see them shut the hell up and win something instead of talking sh*t all the time!

Both of you blow right past the part about representing Gator Nation and focus on him wanting to be recognized for doing well. Kid's been sitting out so far and now gets a chance to make an impact. He could flop, he could become a freshman All American - we won't know until he is allowed on the field in a real game. He obviously is excited for the opportunity and wants to do well - for his HS, for himself, and for the program. Cut the kid some slack, welcome him to the active roster and hope he does well. Or do we not have room for that when he mentions not making an ass of himself at the same time he's saying he wants to represent his schools well?

AugustaGator

Founding Member
Lifetime Member
Jun 12, 2014
Founding Member

Millennials. They are not the sharpest.

oxrageous

Founding Member
It's Good to be King
Administrator
Jun 5, 2014
Founding Member
Are you really that dense, or just trolling me? "Dooly County High School" is where we recruited him from. Takes two clicks on the web to find that out.
I couldn't care less what high school he went to, TLB. Quit being so defensive. We just need to ban Twitter for student-athletes. No social media should be allowed at all.

TLB

Just chillin'
Lifetime Member
Jan 6, 2015
my word....this must be a group effort at dumb today.

BRAND. Aren't you guys the same ones that claim coaches and recruits should be falling over themselves to play for us because "We are Florida"? Haven't we had multiple threads about the damage WM did to the "Brand" that is Florida football? How do you guys comprehend the term "Brand" then? Is it not something like this (I'll butcher this, but bear with me) - "A recognizable image, one which conveys a commonly shared understanding of values"

Each of you have your own brand. It's how your friends, neighbors, and coworkers see you. Your brand may be "the unfunny jokester" or "the braying laughter annoyance" or "the quiet guy that always helps out". There are ideas associated with every person, every entity (I say Publix, and we all come up with 9/10 the same images and associations).

When you think Tebow, what do you think? You think stud athlete, never quit, honesty, religious, Gator thru and thru, etc. That's his brand.

When you think Mick Hubert, what do you think? "Oh My!". Less of an image, and more about sounds - his voice and the calls he's made. That's his brand.

What's wrong with the kid wanting to build his brand - one that is "stud athelete, never quit, honesty, Gator thru and thru"? What's wrong with it being "Dooly County tough"? What's wrong with it being associations that make us proud to have him as a Gator?

You guys even made the point - "Who?"...kid isn't known for anything at this point. He wants to be. He wants to build his brand.

Everybody has a brand. Not every brand is a good one.

Users who are viewing this thread

Help Users

You haven't joined any rooms.