5 questions for the Florida Gators fall camp

Swamp Donkey

Founding Member
7-14 vs P5 Fire Stricklin First
Lifetime Member
Jun 9, 2014
Founding Member
Look for the line (from left to right) to look something like: David Sharpe, Trip Thurman, Tyler Jordan, Mason Halter, Martez Ivey.
Interesting prediction, especially at center and guard. I was kind of hoping that someone would convince me I was wrong about how crappy the (non-true freshmen) interior OL looked in the spring game, but I guess not. If this IS what happens, I sure hope Tyler Jordan is a man among boys. That worries me far more than Ivey starting at a tackle, even though that causes slight esophageal spasms also.

This needs to be on the main forum.

NCOGator

Sep 5, 2014
If you read the comments on there it sounded like there was some hatters on there 5-7?

Gator Fever

Founding Member
Jun 13, 2014
Founding Member
Law98gator;n255805 said:
Interesting prediction, especially at center and guard. I was kind of hoping that someone would convince me I was wrong about how crappy the (non-true freshmen) interior OL looked in the spring game, but I guess not. If this IS what happens, I sure hope Tyler Jordan is a man among boys. That worries me far more than Ivey starting at a tackle, even though that causes slight esophageal spasms also.

This needs to be on the main forum.

I think the center will be Dillard unless they decide to move Thurman there. I doubt they want a true freshman without a spring under his belt starting there.

soflagator

Lifetime Member
Sep 4, 2014
Not knocking Tyler Jordan, but that's the first I've seen anyone put him in the discussion of potential starters.

Interesting. ITG had Desir-Jones as one of the better looking freshmen and one to keep an eye on for a potential start.

Either way, it's a talented group, but the inexperience is scary. Based on that, I wouldn't be shocked if Dillard, Riles, or Dorsey grabbed at least one of those spots.

Swamp Donkey

Founding Member
7-14 vs P5 Fire Stricklin First
Lifetime Member
Jun 9, 2014
Founding Member
Gator Fever;n255825 said:
I think the center will be Dillard unless they decide to move Thurman there. I doubt they want a true freshman without a spring under his belt starting there.
You would think. I guess they could have him at center with Tripp trying to make the line calls for him. No way a true freshman will be ready to play center IMO. That being said, our guards and centers look like trash in the spring game. Here's hoping either they are much better or the true freshmen are ready.

EuroGator

Founding Member
Voice of Reason
Lifetime Member
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member
I think this is noteworthy too.

The most telling thing that McElwain has said about the quarterback situation is that he needs a quarterback who can elevate the play of those around him. This comes off as a message saying, the starting quarterback may not be the best or better of the two, rather the one that can get the other 10 players on the field with him to play as a cohesive unit.
Grier may be a better pocket passer, but Treon showed that he can rally the troops in a comeback win against Tennessee in 2014. Can Grier show McElwain that he can be a leader of men or will it be Harris that steps back into the starting role he earned last season?
I have continued to think and hear conversation about who the better QB would be based on their skills and abilities. However, Coach Mac has been consistent in saying that whoever can elevate the play of those around him will win the job. We did see the team pep up when he came in last year. Perhaps he and Grier can both lead the team. I look forward to the competition.

Gator Fever

Founding Member
Jun 13, 2014
Founding Member
EuroGator;n256156 said:
I think this is noteworthy too.

I have continued to think and hear conversation about who the better QB would be based on their skills and abilities. However, Coach Mac has been consistent in saying that whoever can elevate the play of those around him will win the job. We did see the team pep up when he came in last year. Perhaps he and Grier can both lead the team. I look forward to the competition.

We probably won't know the true answer to that until SEC play starts.

Users who are viewing this thread

Help Users

You haven't joined any rooms.