RB Lorenzo Lingard granted immediate eligibility

deuce

Founding Member
"Cry 'Havoc!', and let slip the dogs of war."
Lifetime Member
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member
Thanks for letting me know. I have been out of town the last few weeks & have not kept up with what is going on.

It's Kansas and I don't think it's official yet....

BadowGator

The Chuckler
Sep 16, 2016
Sick dad, closer to home, history of injuries - I'd say 60-40 in favor of playing next year. Just my wild ass, uninformed guess.
247 lists our commits with transfers this year and Cox, Pouncey, and Lingard are listed. Unless they consider all of them eligible why would Cox be listed with this years haul? My assumption would be they assume he’ll be eligible. Just my opinion.

Swamp Donkey

Founding Member
7-14 vs P5 Fire Stricklin First
Lifetime Member
Jun 9, 2014
Founding Member

Goldkamp is mostly right about Mullinz and Co being mediocre.

He is 100% a Corndwag though.

Remind me why UF has a rival covering our beat for 247? They really couldnt find a Gator?

Last edited:

Founding Member
Dazed and Confused
Lifetime Member
Jun 9, 2014
Founding Member

Remind me why IF has a rival.covering our beat for 247? They really couldnt find a Gator?

Not clear what you’re saying. Who is IF?

alcoholica

Founding Member
I'm what Willis was talking about
Lifetime Member
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member

Remind me why IF has a rival.covering our beat for 247? They really couldnt find a Gator?
all the Gator journalist are on TV with ESPN

Swamp Donkey

Founding Member
Lifetime Member
Jun 9, 2014
Founding Member
all the Gator journalist are on TV with ESPN
It's not a journalist position. It is supposed to be a scout right? He grades players that he sees, sits around a table (probably virtual) and votes on top prospects, adds and removes stars or rankings every two weeks even during the spring and summer when the kids arent playing or camping.

Just listen to him for a few minutes and you can tell he'd likely be in the bottom half of the people on this board in actual ability to assess football players. (Maybe rhetorical but I'd take LT Raz, SAS or Cover2 over him in a split second.)

Look at PFF or the NFL.com sight and see an evaluation of a player, they talk about OL's punch, rigidity, form, bucket steps, frame sizes, etc and analyze the players like a real professional does. Rivals does the same.

247 has a bunch of azzhats who often havent even played football at all giving us the "journalists" view like Dooley or Andrieu about which kids are the best prospects. At best he talks to coaches and scouts. The truth is Gravey Spivey has more talent than Goldkamp at evaluating players.

And yet, still there is no excuse for us having a Corndwag covering us.

Fishon

Founding Member
BANNED
Jun 13, 2014
Founding Member

Remind me why UF has a rival covering our beat for 247? They really couldnt find a Gator?
goldkamp is a corndog b/c he's from LA? I'm pretty sure he attended UF. using your distorted (inebriated) logic, Ike Hilliard is also a corndog. put the Old Crow down for a minute, take a nap, and see how you feel

Founding Member
Dazed and Confused
Lifetime Member
Jun 9, 2014
Founding Member
After nearly a decade in the dregs, which has obviously impacted recruiting, it’s good to see us moving the needle forward however we can.

I’m pretty sure the UF admin looks at it the same. Regardless what any of us think, Mullen is going to get at least four, maybe five years to work through his plan.

It’ll be painful if it includes more losses to UGA, but that’s the way it goes after a lost decade.

alcoholica

Founding Member
I'm what Willis was talking about
Lifetime Member
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member
It's not a journalist position. It is supposed to be a scout right? He grades players that he sees, sits around a table (probably virtual) and votes on top prospects, adds and removes stars or rankings every two weeks even during the spring and summer when the kids arent playing or camping.

Just listen to him for a few minutes and you can tell he'd likely be in the bottom half of the people on this board in actual ability to assess football players. (Maybe rhetorical but I'd take LT Raz, SAS or Cover2 over him in a split second.)

Look at PFF or the NFL.com sight and see an evaluation of a player, they talk about OL's punch, rigidity, form, bucket steps, frame sizes, etc and analyze the players like a real professional does. Rivals does the same.

247 has a bunch of azzhats who often havent even played football at all giving us the "journalists" view like Dooley or Andrieu about which kids are the best prospects. At best he talks to coaches and scouts. The truth is Gravey Spivey has more talent than Goldkamp at evaluating players.

And yet, still there is no excuse for us having a Corndwag covering us.

FFS give it a rest. You get a perfect setup to talk about....these....and you go on a lecture about guys who don't even actually do the ratings. Goldkamp isn't a scout, Alderman isn't a scout. They write stories. If you read enough of their stories or listen to them on podcasts, you'll hear them mention their scout team that actually does what you are talking about. But dear God, appreciate what UF brings to sports reporting.

upload_2020-1-4_20-5-4.jpeg

upload_2020-1-4_20-8-10.jpeg

IMG_7015.jpg

Swamp Donkey

Founding Member
Lifetime Member
Jun 9, 2014
Founding Member
Not important where the person got his degree — not to me anyway — but good to see you back.
He is a Corndwag who mailed a resume and ended up here.

It wouldn't matter to me either but every other 247 site (I've seen) has a dick like Newberg (Nulls) who gives players two extra stars when they commit. That's bullshyt but it is also bullshyt that they have clowns, not professionals, working for their site, and biased clowns at that.

Founding Member
Dazed and Confused
Lifetime Member
Jun 9, 2014
Founding Member
He is a Corndwag who mailed a resume and ended up here.

It wouldn't matter to me either but every other 247 site (I've seen) has a dick like Newberg (Nulls) who gives players two extra stars when they commit. That's bullshyt but it is also bullshyt that they have clowns, not professionals, working for their site, and biased clowns at that.

I’m more concerned with what happens on the field, but your point is not lost. Journalism has been watered down by the digital age.

Users who are viewing this thread

Help Users

You haven't joined any rooms.